Created 25th February 2009 @ 21:51

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

Oggy

Lol its seriously overpowered !

AnAkkk

Seem like this won’t last long:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=811006

Zipok

Don’t be stupid, Hamza, because you are not. The league sets its rules to make the game more balanced and playable 6on6, and no bans on things will be without good reasons.

KOVACS

:D Byte.

Stun shouldnt be in any fps games imo. Kickback is fine, impulse is fine, but not stun. It’s even worse in TF2 because it totally breaks the “normal” game mechanics in most situations.

Slow classes don’t stand much of a chance of dodging out of the way, and next to zero at close range because the projectile velocity and the firing animation are both very fast.

Most frustrating is how imbalanced it is in close-quarters peeking situations, i.e. when the scout can’t see the opposing player and vice versa.

Skilled players almost always progressively track the crosshair close to the edge of obstructions (such as walls or other solid objects blocking line of sight) when peeking/running past them, meaning that if and when the enemy is spotted usually all that is required is to click mouse1 on first shot, perhaps with a very slight aim adjustment.

With the new scout bat, you only need this first shot to seal the deal in a 1v1 situation where both players are using this technique, and to make matters worse, the scout has a considerable time window to make the stun because TF2 game mechanics are such that it almost always takes at least 2 shots to kill a scout unless he’s weak.

This is what happened to me repeatedly last night. As it stands now, no amount of aim and movement skill can compensate for the heavily stacked odds versus any scout that can hit that first shot consistently. Didn’t matter that I reacted first and hit the scout with a direct rocket every time, knocking him into the red, which would usually stack the odds massively in my favour, because inherently as soon as I was stunned I was completely helpless to do anything.

If the stun simply stopped the player from moving but still allowed him to shoot, or vice versa then usually after making that first shot a soldier/demo would still have a reasonable chance of coming out on top, either by retreating/dodging until it was possible to shoot again, or by simply finishing off the scout with a quick rocket/shotgun/pipe/sticky. Instead it gives the stunned player absolutely ZERO opportunity and leaves him at the scouts mercy. That’s INCREDIBLY frustrating.

It breaks the game mechanics to the extent that heavy classes will be forced to constantly group together to save/cover each other when stunned, which in itself is often a serious disadvantage and leaves the clustered players heavily susceptible to heavy spam damage or being flanked, especially when defending a point with multiple entrances or pushing with uber into a site (forcing the medic to multi-uber).

The stun almost entirely negates the ability of heavy classes to control/force positional equality or advantage (i.e. playing from a position where you can retreat without dieing should need arise) because regardless of how safe your position appears to be, its impossible to do anything but watch after being stunned. No opportunity to excape, retreat or lay down some spam to control a position after being stunned. It is almost equivalent to giving the sniper scout speed and an instagib rifle in some situations.

It also looks fucking stupid. Comical for a short time then just plain retarded. I don’t see the reasoning behind this from Valve’s perspective. Clearly such a controversial power as the ability to stun someone is incredibly frustrating to many (if not all?) players. Sure, plenty of people will find TF2 more fun using this weapon, but at what cost? These players would probably have continued to play anyway. On the flip-side, a lot of players will simply have a bitter dislike for the game because of this, and subsequently stop playing TF2.

In short: DO NOT WANT.

Certainly I’m not keen on getting back into TF2 because of this. Back to QuakeLive I suppose. :D

Position in queue: 668007 – Oh FML..

Slick

Epsilon

remove it and POSSIBLY review it again when Heavy, Solly update arrives…

But even saying that, i hate the fact a stunning ability exists…sigh

Mick-

so Byte , TCM are voting to allow the Sandman then? i will add you on the list if you do :p

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

deathmatch servers are dead for heavy classes – I’m taking down my dm_store posters off the walls :(

atreides

div1 blockade couldn’t prevent TFTrue’s changes, 2nd try? :P

wer

tfortress.no

stun is the gayest thing in any game.
and it certainly doesnt belong in a fps game. ban this shit asap

Predz

[DA]
[DA]

/sign

While it does give scout free kills pretty much, it breaks gameplay completely:/.
Also i find myself chasing down my ball rather than players :E

to quote pukz

“i feel like a kitten chasing a ball of wool”

or something :p

bm

well after a few pickups my first impression is that playing against two sandman scouts is spoiling the fun for the heavy classes and can infact turn a game around
and all this just 2 days after release, i presume scouts will even get a lot better using it in no time.

im with byte on this, should give sandman limit 1 a try if it still doesnt work then ban it entirely.

qck.

U/²

forbid it! :p overpowerd shit :[

seraph

rEJ

sandman? more bannedman, please.

Geten

Will discuss it with my clan for sure. My personal opinion is that it doesn’t belong in the competitive scene. Those who enjoy WOW so darn much can stick to pubs.

I’m a scout myself and would hate it to see that a scout would just have to practice sandman in order to get such an advantage against other classes. Heavy, for instance, has enough problems as it is. But sure, the heavy being useless and being able to disrupt ubers is of course a neat price to pay for “fun scout stuff xD” for a class that doesn’t need any help in the competitive scene.

atreides

I saw a pyro once blocking turbine ways against uberpush, pls ban him :(

Seriously: Adjust the duration of Sandman esp. against ubercombo and on wider range, but no witch-hunt at all, like on every creative gameextent.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »