Forum

sandman: class role changes?

Created 25th February 2009 @ 21:51

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 Next »

remO

Seriously, was competitive TF2 bad before the scout update? If anything, the Sandman makes the game worse, most people agree that stun in an FPS game is stupid. I say Sandman limit 0, unless Valve patch it, in which case it would be up for testing again.

Mick-

g0d we dont care about your newbie view about TF2 to be honest . and yes , ban that shit weapon ASAP.

eoN^

Tbh id say for competitions ban it for the season rather than until week 7… As seen as there are only 9 weeks…

And then after this season see what Valve do to it and hope for the best?

Just my “newbie” two cents…

Mick-

Indeed we are playing soon the ‘ETF2L’ final vs cc/ in week9 and i dont want that fucking shit stun to be used…ETF2L admins should wake up and take the right decision , for once….

Zyrre

okejra

Everyone that is against the sandman should reconsider how much removing the double-jump gimps the scout in every situation. Try meeting a soldier/demo/heavy 1v1 without a double jump. It does have a decent recharge time on the ball (not saying the amount isn’t up for balancing, not tested enough yet).
And you can’t just say “well you can double jump with force-a-nature” since wasting dps shooting somewhere else in a fight also gimps you a ton.

The stun time could also be considered for balancing, but having range affect it is a good idea(and it doesn’t seem as imbalolrofl as everyone is saying). Sandman limit 1 could also be discussed.

Imagine if you’re shooting your ball across badlands mid and the opposing team responds correctly by shooting at the easiest target trying to kill the player that got stunned. Yes, the team with the stunned guy are at a disadvantage during that time. But after the stun is over, the other team is at a less disadvantage for a longer amount of time.

Using the sandman is kind of a big risk for potential big reward, which is what can make a game very entertaining to play and watch.

gregz

Maybe it should just be like a flashbang effect from css. You can’t see or hear but can move and shoot.

This has probably been suggested before ^_^

Waebi

‹Con›

HE SAID CSS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYkbqzWVHZI&fmt=18

edit: also Zyrre, if one doesnt kill a player who is stunned on mid BL, something is wrong with the team imo :)

kolox

obs.

The sandman does not unbalance the game as a whole, as both teams have the capability to run it. The reason it’s disliked is because it takes the fun away from players of other classes (medic and heavy esp.).
If it was a 1on1 game it would be totally fine as both players have equal access to use it against the other player (it’s the same in 6on6 but non-scouts are having less fun because of it).

Dem’s why it shouldn’t be allowed. Not because it stacks the game toward one team, but because it takes away the fun of the game for the other players.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Took the ETF2L admins two whole seasons to realise what everybody knew from day one that we needed DL1. Then they didn’t copy CEVO and CAL and implement TFTrue which ultimately forced Valve’s hand in making a cvar for static damage. Now they’ve agreed to allow a weapon into the league which basically renders the heavy and aggressive soldier obsolete, making playing soldier as frustrating as it is useless.

Way to go ETF2L admins, really on the “ball” with this one…

Soz numlocked, I should of put “In those very rare scrims I actually play demoman It’s a piece of piss for me to take out a heavy even with him overhealed”

Mick-

I agree totally with Fragga , for once.

Wlv

RaWr ::

Er I’ve checked the news and forums and not seen any news on the sandman other than days post saying it’s banned till further notice….?

wer

tfortress.no

http://etf2l.org/2009/02/26/scout-upate-future-of-scout-2on2-and-instagib-cups-bball-cup-r2-default-dates/

“Season 4: All Scout unlocks are allowed for Week 8 and further matches. If both teams agree, the unlocks can also be used in previous league weeks.”

Wlv

RaWr ::

:(

Nostalgia

“g0d we dont care about your newbie view about TF2 to be honest . and yes , ban that shit weapon ASAP.”

Why should we care about your view? Just because someone says something different from you doesn’t mean they should be completely dismissed.

Anyway, i do believe the weapon should a charged shot and mellee only like someone already said because that way if anyone gets stunned it’s their own fault for allowing the scout with a charged bat to get that close to you. The sandman as it is however either needs a sandman limit 1 or no sandman at all.

wer

tfortress.no

just ban it from the league, same reason as why tactical shield is banned in cs 1.6. because its lame as hell

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 Next »