Forum

Demo nerf Update

Created 17th February 2009 @ 01:12

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Shrapnel

So retarded removing the equip command.
Anyone found a new command to do it?
Or is it gonna be an autohotkey job?

Demo nerf is a good start. Should be distance dropoff on pipes too.

Waebi

‹Con›

positive, STEAM_0:0:x -> STEAM_1:0:x

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Agree, shame the distance drop-off didn’t also apply to nades, as these are commonly used in matches simply as spam. This would of discouraged demomen from the usual badlands nade fest that is the initial middle fight.

Whilst I agree that the demoman needed a nerf, I’m concerned that all these changes are continually buffing the scout – would it not of been more sensible to reduce the damage fall off from the rockets to a sensible level to match that of the demoman rather than making the game even more scout dominated?

Extremer

So you want the demoman just to sit around the corner with stickies planted while soldiers do everything in middle? :)

Shrapnel

Extremer : no…just have the demo have a range penalty like every other class does, why should he be exempt?
ofc the sniper does not, but thats the whole idea of him.

I’m inclined to agree with fragger though, a better approach could have been removing distance dropoff from rockets.

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

removing distance dropoff from rockets would be the stupidest idea in the world. think about middle on granary. all that spam you get and in 2/3 rockets you’d be instantly dead. :/

Weirdz

démo is a defensive class, maybe now they will not be the main attack class :)

Randdalf

(0v0)

Demos can now triple sticky jump… but it makes extremely little difference. In fact it’s probably a buff to sticky jumping, this update.

Extremer

“Extremer : no…just have the demo have a range penalty like every other class does, why should he be exempt?
ofc the sniper does not, but thats the whole idea of him.”

Stickies had falloff damage even before the nerfs. They did <80 damage from mid range when the person is standing directly on top of it. The only time they did 150+ damage when the demo was right next to a person standing on top of his sticky.

Evil

If you cant dodge a rocket from half way across the middle point on granary, i’d give up now numlocked

byte

No worries least the whine of “demoman is such an overpowered class” can be stopped. :)

A soldier now can do same damage up close as a demo, i.e. shotgun 80hp gren 80hp (-/+ 5 hp) etc only difference is no splash damage for u , “err what about the rockets, they do splash damage” i hear you say, wonder which is quicker to do a rocket in the face or a sticky and then det… when deathmatching, i wonder : >

So now if a soldier goes down by a demoman its completely due to ur lack of skill/gamesense and inability to kill a demoman and not the excuse of “omg 1 sticky 1 gren” what a joke etc… :>

Can’t wait for pro pickups lets see how soldiers do now, Arx there is a subtle difference as to how the stickies work, you said last night it seems the same or it’s made no difference, i know they only changed the sticky in this update but the previous update they nerfed the grens too and it makes a big diff now if both are lowered :D

And what Extremer said is correct a sticky from long distance doesn’t do the same damage up close or mid range. It’s always been like this…

Right next nerfing, the scout’s shotgun that should be nerfed to max 80hp if its a “meat shot” …… Oh wait :D

Cheers

Byte

Evil

80 dmg from a shotgun? Fuck me, ill have to start using that

Shrapnel

So what actually changed about the sticky in this update?

Extremer

Uhm, stickies do 20 to 30 less damage point blank, not sure about other distances.

byte

Aye Evil jus cause ur a Mancurian shizzle and can’t aim a shotgun at close range jus like a gren close range from a demo can do 80hp damage i don’t mean mid, mid its about 30-40 i mean close… i.e. all the balls of the shotgun shell hit.. nubcake..

God you’re soo retarded Paul! :X

Cheers

Byte

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »