Forum

Demo nerf Update

Created 17th February 2009 @ 01:12

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Foxt

It seems that demo is nerfed again…

I don’t understand at all what is the damage reduction, and if it is for nades or stickies… @EDIT: Looks like they ninja-edit’d the news, the nerf is for stickies.

Anyway, how many nerfs does the demo already have? :(

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2246/

Team Fortress 2

* Sticky bombs now get a reduced close range damage ramp up (like Rocket Launcher & Syringe Gun)
o Ultimately reduces damage done by sticky bombs to enemies <512 units from the Demoman
* Moved the unlockable system over to the new item backend:
o Added a warning dialog to the loadout screen telling clients when the server they’re on could not get their loadout
* Made “tf_damage_disablespread” a replicated convar, so clients can see the value of it on the server they’re connected to
* Renamed “mp_stalemate_at_timelimit” to “mp_match_end_at_timelimit”, to better explain its function now that stalemate is optional
* Fixed muzzle flashes & shell ejections still playing when viewmodels are hidden
* Server tags can now be used to include or exclude servers from the list

Team Fortress 2 and Day of Defeat: Source

* Protected several more commands from client exploitation

EDIT: More changes that weren’t documented:

* Removed `equip` console command. (Allowed to switch loadout items without entering the menu.)
* Switching loadout items will not happen unless the character suicide or get to a supply cabinet. (Spawn area does nothing when switching.)
* Removed Natascha’s ammo belt in first person view model. (Preview: Natascha #1/Natascha #2)
* The `exit prompt` command now gives a warning message. (Usually bound to F10.)
* A new main menu music has been added. (Title: Faster Than A Speeding Bullet)
* Demoman’s bottle taunt has received a new `burp` sound.
* Demoman’s secondary weapon has been renamed to Stickybomb Launcher.
* It seems all SteamIDs now start with Steam_1 (instead of Steam_0).
* Several people have reported that their (old) demos don’t work anymore.

remO

Aye its a bit shit imo. Apparently the flamethrower is ~300 units so it shouldnt make too much of a difference, i just wish Valve would make their minds up on the demoman for once, rather than making loads of little changes over and over.

kaidus

WiK?

I think it means stickies. After some rather brief testing stickies seemed to be dropping by about 20 damage over distance. Not very significant but will maybe stop the “boo hoo one shot sticky” crying.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

* Fixed muzzle flashes & shell ejections still playing when viewmodels are hidden

sweet

Foxt

BONUS! New background music when starting!

____13____

F*ck, now we can’t play demos… Any “acceptable” way to fix this?

saiboat

no, just if you copy all those gigabytes about :S
stealth update: if you press f10 now itll ask you if you want to quit -> ragequit protection ;)

Vlijm

UbeR |

NO! they killed the f10 joke on publics if i want someone else to get in

Hansa

.idk?

‘F*ck, now we can’t play demos… Any “acceptable” way to fix this?’

amazing.
It will just require from you a little more skill to put stickies near from your opponant instead spam like a fucktard your 8 stickies randomly and hope they will detonate near the opponant.
And use more your pipe launcher too. Mix stickies and pipes, and not only spam your stickies.

____13____

Uh, Hansa… wtf? I didn’t even said anything about demomans, but the “playdemo *demoname*” command in console…

Swarley

cool^m

french wanker.

<3 hansa

Mick-

Demoman can still oneshot a scout with one stickies , where is the nerf btw?:P

Puppets

okay mick but this is unrealistic … nah i think not im always eager to stay on the stick so i get the most damage that can be done

Neeka

Gurka*
Gurka*

Ok, it might be too early in the morning for me, but isn’t the changelog a bit vague?

“Sticky bombs now get a reduced close range damage ramp up (like Rocket Launcher & Syringe Gun)”
What does this mean, that the damage dealt by stickies is no longer linearly proportional to the distance?
Or does it mean that stickys do less “base” damage and have a lesser range penalty?
Or that sticky damage has a penalty when detonated close to the demo? Sticky jump galore?

“Ultimately reduces damage done by sticky bombs to enemies <512 units from the Demoman”
I assume this is correctly phrased, I was not aware of any mechanic to alter sticky damage with distance from demoman. How is this then enforced? Through making it less rewarding to aim at your opponent or what?

Does anyone have any data on this?

RaCio

GoT²

February 16, 2009 – Team Fortress 2 Source Undocumented Changes

Removed `equip` console command. (Allowed to switch loadout items without entering the menu.)
Switching loadout items will not happen unless the character suicide or get to a supply cabinet. (Spawn area does nothing when switching.)
Removed Natascha’s ammo belt in first person view model. (Preview: Natascha #1, Natascha #2)
The `exit prompt` command now gives a warning message. (Usually bound to F10.)
A new main menu music has been added. (Title: Faster Than A Speeding Bullet)
Demoman’s bottle taunt has received a new `burp` sound.
Demoman’s secondary weapon has been renamed to Stickybomb Launcher.

wth, why did they remove the equip commands…

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »