Forum

Seemingly warped skill level system..

Created 10th December 2010 @ 14:09

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 10 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from kuma

I still miss 1/4 shots for example, and sometimes that shot is crucial.

let’s not lie here, you don’t miss any because you’ve got asian skills.

Waster

Why would a team take a low div player who still has to learn a lot or a player that already understand the game? Moreover, higher skilled players already showed dedication while the lower div player did not. Dedication is what makes a great player. However there is no way to see if someone is really dedicated other then just play one or two months with him. See if he shows up every night and if he can improve on himself without someone babysitting him etc.

Vince

BiG

Quoted from Waebi

[…]
video games games games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eWFj1KShcI

I was singing that song after I read Ghents post.

Supply and demand in the upper divisions. New players are rarely needed in the prem division teams, but there is a large number of players trying to get up the divisions. Take into account the cost of taking established players versus the cost of trialing out a bunch of players with potential and giving them a chance, and that explains the whole situation pretty well.

On the other hand, not everybody wants to jump divisions as quickly as possible. Could I try division jumping up as medic? Of course, and I would probably succeed. But I enjoy playing with my team, plus medic bores me currently, so I get to play scout/solly.

Last edited by Vince,

Archy

guru
G-Yoda

Theres plenty of higher skilled players in lower divs, my first real comp team was Fake, we had a scout named swO_orn, a truly amazing player who after team folded stopped playing completely, i still have him in my friends list, he plays pub now and then. Same thing with Prozak from px, he could have easily gone to top div if he wanted to. Thats the thing. Why would people want to go to higher divs? Only good reason, the way i see it, for going to premier div is if u get something out of it, like going to lans and maybe getting a pound or two. It would be interesting to hear what the top players would say, coz playn in dignitas and listening their accents would have to b a pain ;D.

skiter

WDW
starlight

if you’ve got in your team history div2 team even you never played for them in that div that automatically makes you pro – I learned that stuff from some awesome nonplaying div2 medic. He also said that it’s the biggest honor to me to speak with so skilled dude.
That’s ridiculos but it’s working. I can’t see any promotion ways from div6 to div3 except winning all divs and join friend’s team.
I’ve started from div4 and now I’m in div6 just because I don’t wanna mess with that and 1 game per week without any pcw – enough for me.

randa

If you are good enough you’ll get noticed its that simple.

Martn

Quoted from randa

If you are good enough and you play a lot of mixes you’ll get noticed its that simple.

Corrected it for you.

Last edited by Martn,

randa

mixes pickups pcws ofc

TEAM PICKUP FTW

AnimaL

[18:53] * TF2PickupBot2 changes topic to ‘(8+1)

ffs add

Martn

Quoted from AnimaL

[18:53] * TF2PickupBot2 changes topic to ‘(8+1)

ffs add

Too bad its fucking invite only.

AnimaL

Quoted from Martn

[…]

Too bad its fucking invite only.

excuses

Martn

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]excuses

Get me an invite then and ill play.

Orchid

|=3

Its a shame that the PixelGaming.eu invite one is dead! :(

JackieBoy

LTG.

Quoted from rtan

The only reason they are not moving forward is what everyone tells them to do, which is “stay with your team, move up the divisions together.” That may have worked in season 1/2/3 but does it actually work anymore?

You have to see it by yourself after couple seasons :)

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Get carried to the top by wltrs has always been my policy.
Find yourself a bubble boy!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 10 Next »