Forum

Seemingly warped skill level system..

Created 10th December 2010 @ 14:09

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10

Enef

fest
#wubafan

The best way to get people to vouch for you in recruitment posts and get a 5 page long thread about how awesome you are?

Go to lan, talk to everybody, be funny and hang out.

It doesn’t matter how good you are if everyone thinks you’re a cool guy.

(Please don’t take this seriously, its half light hearted half true.)

I’m happy playing with my team in div5, we probably should have been div4 but we’ve had an ARSELOAD of issues with rosters and shit this season. We’re starting to iron things out now and get things going.

Personally i’m thankful to my friends i’ve made in TF2 for getting me to where i am today, i’ll never rate myself above my teams current level in terms of skill and even then, i’ll only claim i’m that level when i’ve been playing it for AT LEAST a full season.

I think a big issue for players moving up is their attitudes, a lot of people aren’t willing to spend time with a TEAM to improve themselves, it’s not just the teams that are picking people that are at fault.

Personally i wouldn’t pick a player for my team who has changed teams more than 3 or 4 times within two seasons etc.

Idk where my point is, i guess i don’t have one.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO I AM?!

Hai War :)

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Enef

I think a big issue for players moving up is their attitudes, a lot of people aren’t willing to spend time with a TEAM to improve themselves, it’s not just the teams that are picking people that are at fault.

Indeed, staying in FBG for how long I did meant I learnt all sorts of things about every team because of general team psychology (which is especially useful as medic)… sticking with a team will teach you something clan-hopping and pugs won’t — gamesense.

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Indeed, staying in FBG for how long I did meant I learnt all sorts of things about every team because of general team psychology (which is especially useful as medic)… sticking with a team will teach you something clan-hopping and pugs won’t — gamesense.

I honestly doubt you can learn gamesense by sticking with div 6 teams who have little or no gamesense.
For higher teams – probably I guess.

Last edited by Lord Benjamin,

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Same, i spent a YEAR with nervousENERGY (hai guys! :D) what i learnt most is patience and how to read your team and their individual abilities and how to play to their strengths. Obviously every team is different and everyone has different abilities and personalities. for instance, despite almost being together for 4 months now cc//Blu has had quite an unstable roster and we’re all still getting used to each other, we’ve still not learnt how each other plays etc etc.

Thats why this game is FUN and GOOD, the team dynamics and the teamwork essential to doing well.

Though one day Chris will make me my own movie because i’m such a good solderer.

Quoted from Lord Benjamin

[…]

I honestly doubt you can learn gamesense by sticking with div 6 teams who have little or no gamesense.
For top teams – probably I guess.

You can learn basic gamesense at any level of the game, when to do things and when not to do things, etc. It just takes time and patience.

Last edited by Enef,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Lord Benjamin

[…]

For higher teams – probably I guess.

You can still improve, and if you find you aren’t improving, you go on the etf2l forums and beg for help http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-12898/
And before you know it, you’ll have an ex-Prem player in your team!

Quoted from Enef

You can learn basic gamesense at any level of the game, when to do things and when not to do things, etc. It just takes time and patience.

Basic being the keyword here.
Quoted from Spike Himself

You can still improve, and if you find you aren’t improving, you go on the etf2l forums and beg for help http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-12898/
And before you know it, you’ll have an ex-Prem player in your team!

Or you get an unmotivated mentor who is at your own skill-level and can’t really help you.
(I look forward to your enraged letters and or posts, special friend)

Last edited by Fluffy Meowington,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

I prefer to play mixes with people and laugh hysterically at anything that passes as a joke.

I’ll then spam friend requests and reminisce about said jokes and I’ll end every sentence with a “lol”…TO SHOW WE ARE HAVING FUN TALKING MAAAAAAAN !!0

AnimaL

Quoted from octochris

[…]

clanhopping helps more to gamesense than staying in same team forever… not to even mention staying in div6 team…

when u play good ammount of time with different clans, you get to see alot of different ways to play the game, instead just the one or two ways your only team does

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]clanhopping helps more to gamesense than staying in same team forever… not to even mention staying in div6 team…

Only if it’s d5/6.

Last edited by octochris,

AnimaL

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Only if it’s d5/6.

actually, only if its d1, since d5 play the same way as d6, and d4 and d3 and so on – lets go in and die

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]actually, only if its d1, since d5 play the same way as d6, and d4 and d3 and so on – lets go in and die

Disagree entirely, but meh.

hz

delete

Last edited by hz,

Poop

TSUN~
[PG]

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO I AM?!

pigeon?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10