Videogames.

video games games games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eWFj1KShcI

Last edited by Waebi,

davesan

epx^
Panda

Quoted from kuma

That’s why it’s mostly reputation and knowing the right people to recommend you which pushes you up fast, rather than your actual skill. The only person I’ve known push up with pretty much skill alone is Hat, and he’s my idol. Without either reputation or contacts, only your “experience playing div x” says anything before actually trying them.

this!

Orchid

|=3

Quoted from Waebi

[…]
video games games games

Developers Developers Developers Developers

Quoted from rtan

Fair enough, it just seems to me (it might just be me though) there is a certain arrogance from some players that see themselves as far better than others.

NO WAY! HOLY SHIT, STOP THE PRESSES!

safety

Last edited by Fluffy Meowington,

erratic

Quoted from dauk

Me team has seduced div6 soldier person and he can hit but the mister is dumb as a bucket. My great story comes to that aim is easier to improve that movement.

Thanks dauk, this is me, i have no “real” experience, and i wonder to myself often, if the aim isnt so different, maybe i should start getting gamesense at a really high level, instead of learning div 3 gamesense, then to proceed with div 2 gamesense etc :)

Ive had the exact same thoughts ryan had!

Steve

Quoted from Foster

Add zeyork to friends
Play mixes all the time
???
Profit

no

Sammage

rEJ

I’m in the rather unique position of having played in every division (aside from division 6) and as every class, with incredibly mixed results. I’ve been in games where we’ve beat four kings, and been in games where we’ve lost to a second DoGs team. My insight is pretty much what other people have said.

1) Getting noticed by higher skilled players is probably the only way to jump up divisions to one more suitable for you immediately.
2) The very first reply on the thread is really astute, it’s much better/easier to be filtered down from the top than it is to rise from the bottom to find a division that suits you.
3) As has also been repeated on the thread, there is a big difference between deathmatching straight up skills and doing appropriate movement and making appropriate decisions in a game, not even bringing in teamwork.
4) Now mentioning teamwork, team chemistry is hugely important, and can really only be figured out by trialling. If you have two scouts that value different things at different stages in a map, and you’re fighting two scouts sticking together, your scouts will need to be more skilled to pull it off. Indecision can keep you in bad spots and give momentum to your opponents. And really, what you need to do for your team at what part of the map is something that only comes over time, practice and a healthy dose of humility to actually ask your team what they need.
5) There are so many gem players out there, why aren’t they all scooped up? well, one good reason is simply that they like the team that they’re in, they like playing with their teammates. A good example of this is probably harryhook, prem division aiming and movement and decisions but has stuck with the core members of his team simply because he enjoys playing with them. Ultimately if a player wants to be scooped up and they have the skills, there are a bunch of people who will want them. A good example of this is slick of idk fame, who would constantly look for new talent to trial.

It might be that I just got lucky, I got noticed on a pub by chode, I complimented his skills, he complimented mine and asked me to join his team, Fracture. I had zero clan experience and found it a lot of fun, and the people in the clan were awesome. Ultimately I felt like I was letting the side down and left, and started playing on community servers. From those I got invited to cleveridiots and k^m, and then eventually rej. I’ve been noticed by a couple of people in higher divs since, but I loved rej so much I stayed with them. Now I’m largely inactive, and the main rej team is in division two and so damn good at the game it astounds me. But throughout this I didn’t do anything special to get up through the ranks, I didn’t make recruitment posts claiming to be a higher division than I was, I didn’t ask a bunch of people for trials. I just played my game and was polite to people, and that’s all it took for people to notice.

octochris

(0v0)

Just look at 2v2 cups, many surprise victories — simply because it’s often the players that know each other’s plays better that come out on top against teams with players from higher 6v6 divisions, who often think “it will be fine, I’ll just skill it”.

So why doesn’t supposedly “better aim” exist? Because the skill increase with divs is incredibly logarithmic. It’s not a straight line and it doesn’t “stop” at some arbitrary division, but there comes a point where a better aim than x is unnecessary, and you should really work on teamwork before going further.

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Or you can be a girl. One of the easiest ways to move up the system.

Just sayin’

Cooler

4Queens

1.get into 6on6 invited by low-
2.progress quickly and leave clan due to your mates low skill
3.search for div4 people and create a clan
4.??????
5.PROFIT

antyjc

2ne1

Quoted from Koeitje

The problem is that for every talented player there are 10 who aren’t. Teams don’t have the time to trial all of these to cherry pick the ones that have potential.

And also, sometimes the talented players don’t know how talented they are, and dont try and get into a better team. If you are good enough and want to move to higher divs people will notice you. As long as you don’t make yourself seem like the biggest retard ever before being given a chance. (Hi moo)

kuma

Quoted from octochris

It’s not a straight line and it doesn’t “stop” at some arbitrary division, but there comes a point where a better aim than x is unnecessary.

I think this is half true, but your aim can always be better unless you’re wltrs, cookye or hymzi.

I still miss 1/4 shots for example, and sometimes that shot is crucial. You have to make up for that with gamesense, movement etc. but the game becomes so much easier when you can actually do what you plan to do in your head.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from kuma

[…]

I think this is half true, but your aim can always be better unless you’re wltrs, cookye or hymzi.

I still miss 1/4 shots for example, and sometimes that shot is crucial. You have to make up for that with gamesense, movement etc. but the game becomes so much easier when you can actually do what you plan to do in your head.

On the other hand, you can have that ton of experience and dodge single particles all around, but still trying to l2aim with mediocre results will just pull you down since your actions will be dependant on support from your scout pard/heavy classes and disposition – you will simply turn from a war machine into an informant.

Makes me mad sometimes.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 10 Next »