Forum

Only 1 FAN allowed

Created 8th August 2009 @ 22:02

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 13 Next »

Psyche

It truly saddens me to see so many people are blind and can’t see what’s right in front of them, I’ll start off with a few points:

1. In the patch notes valve stated “Opponents can no longer be juggled in the air”. Hum? lets think for a second, atleast I, as soldier get shot a LOT and get pushed back and juggled A LOT when I’m rocket jumping…. weird.

2. Knock back got scaled according to the damage done, although this only works on the ground, airborne fan is still the same old piece of shit.

3. Ability to do 200 damage (roughly) in 1 second. Really? “The FaN has 2 shots bla bla bla reload time bla bla bla”. Fact: Scout is the fastest class in the game having double jump, triple jump with the fan btw. Fact 2: 200 damage kills any class used in 6v6, if it doesn’t, a good round of pistol while they’re up in the air will finish them off and you can just run away since, conveniently, you are the fastest class. Fact 3: 2 v 2 (scouts): scattergun: 100 damage at point blank per scout in 1 second (200 total), FaN scout: 200 damage at point blank per scout in 1 second (400 total) see what I did there? 400 damage, scout has 125 hp, that’s 250 damage just to kill both scouts, 2 FaNs do 400 damage in 1 second, if it doesn’t do the job, pistol round ftw.

See what I did there? knock back is STILL bugged, scout with fan overpowers any class in the game right now simply because the scout is using the weapon AND once you hit a shot, the 2nd one is hit when the enemy is airborne, does anyone really miss when a person is falling in hit-reg weapons? I doubt it.

/end rant

Seriously, last time I’m posting in one of these threads really, this weapon is bugged and as such it should be banned, end of story really, why are there still people so stubborn that can’t see this?

gryzor

Yeah. Right.

I love how people make up all these FAN scenarios. I’m starting to believe that “BAN THE FAN”-crowd does not even play TF2, they are from some other game, sitting laughing on their forum how they’re trolling ETF2L/TF2.

People playing this game daily and having a clue would never write such stupid stuff, so I think I’m on to something.

Anathema

People playing this game daily and having a clue would never write such stupid stuff, so I think I’m on to something.

I lold

bulletproofsmurf

Vuze.

psyche, you really have no idea. you can’t compare the two weapons based on the damage they do in a single second you have to gauge how much they do over a longer period of time. say 8-10 seconds. OBVIOUSLY the fan does more damage per shot, but the reload time is the flaw and so you have to measure the overall strength of the weapon with that in mind. and its already been proven that overall, the scatter is actually a better weapon over the period of 10 seconds, when you take into account reload time and ammunition capacity.

second, the burden of proof still lies with the people wanting to make a radical change. despite what you may think, a reasoned argument hasnt actually been given yet, this argument has been going on for ages, and the etf2l admins still dont feel a reasoned case has been made. until someone can do that then the weapon should remain unbanned

Bun

GM

I do play the game daily and yet I think the FaN is broken.
btw, I also lol’d.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

People in favor of banning the fan already posted arguments with regards to why they think the fan is broken. People in favor of limit 1/2 only posted “LOL L2P” and “LOL CONTROL SCOUT LOL”. You might have missed that, but the burden of proof lies with the fan supporters at the moment, because they haven’t posted a convincing case in favor of the fan yet.

There were loads of viable arguments for not banning the FaN in the thread that got deleted, you just chose to ignore them because it would bring an end to your cryfest.

I’m away for the weekend, but I’ll be expecting a sh1t load of whine when I get back on Sunday, so don’t let me down.

Haven’t read them? The only thing in favor of the fan is the added movement which brings a new dimension to the game. What I haven’t read is exactly why the fan isn’t broken or any proper counter to it (except for using the fan yourself).

gryzor

Proper way to counter it: don’t let the fan-scout get near you, shoot rockets at him before he comes up close — done. Rockets are very OP and will in most cases lift the scout up in the air, STUNNING him and ready to finish him off with another rocket at his predicted landing-spot.

It’s worse with the sniper, he can stand across the map and shoot you in the head in 0.5s. That’s atleast twice as fast as a up-close fan-scout who kills a soldier in 1 sec.

Stop discussing the fan and move on to more pressing matters — such as how to get the sniper-rifle banned!

What’s the proper way to counter the sniper? Stay in spawn and not show yourself? YEAH, GREAT FUN! GAMEBREAKER! BUGGED!

Oh wait.. I’m arguing with YOU GUYS again! :D :D :D

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Proper way to counter it: don’t let the fan-scout get near you, shoot rockets at him before he comes up close — done. Rockets are very OP and will in most cases lift the scout up in the air, STUNNING him and ready to finish him off with another rocket at his predicted landing-spot.

It’s worse with the sniper, he can stand across the map and shoot you in the head in 0.5s. That’s atleast twice as fast as a up-close fan-scout who kills a soldier in 1 sec.

Stop discussing the fan and move on to more pressing matters — such as how to get the sniper-rifle banned!

What’s the proper way to counter the sniper? Stay in spawn and not show yourself? YEAH, GREAT FUN! GAMEBREAKER! BUGGED!

Oh wait.. I’m arguing with YOU GUYS again! :D :D :D

Because we all know scouts never get near the medic, ever. Scouts also never get near other scouts, ever. Scouts also never get near demoman, ever. And soldier, well, lets just say scouts never get near soldiers, ever.

I don’t know what you are trying to say with the sniper example? We are discussing the fan here? If you want to discuss the balance issues the sniper creates this is not to place. Feel free to open a topic for yourself, maybe post a poll, and see if people want to see the sniper banned.

You are not arguing, you are trolling.

Rele

What I haven’t read is exactly why the fan isn’t broken

Because this game doesnt entirely consist of 1v1 and I want to see you prevail vs 2 enemies at once. You’d have better chances with the scattergun.

You guys only see the situations where the FaN is at an advantage yet you forget about the many situations where it is not as good.

bulletproofsmurf

Vuze.

you completely misunderstand gryzor. his point about the sniper rifle is that there are situations where a sniper is op. the point is that you try and work around it, not scream IMBA and ask to get it banned. the fan is no different. yes it is op in certain situations, but if you ban a weapon for circumstantial overpoweredness then there are various other weps/tacs that should be banned. if you are going to be consistent

gryzor

@koetjijue:

But, of course the scout(s) get close to the enemy players from time to time — how else would they be able to kill them? I really do not get your point. It’s called a game, people die and battles shift momentum back and forth. That’s what’s exciting.

And I bring up the sniper-example just to show how utterly dumb the “BAN FAN!”-crowd really are.

In the previous four temfortress-games, the scouts had the concussion-grenade. This not only “stunned” you by shifting your aim around like crazy, it also propelled you across the map. On top of that, it stuttered your movement around randomly, just so that you would fall off any ledge if you happened to stand on one of those.

Now TF2 finally gets a gun that makes it interesting from a “trick-jump” perspective (which the soldier has been blessed with solely so far) — you start to whine instead of learning to live with it?

Again, I personally HATE the damn FAN-gun and refuse to use it since I find it a lame weapon — but I would _NEVER_ be so stupid I’d start crying like a woman who doesn’t get to borrow your M3 to go shopping with her stupid friends.

Same with the sandman, it was utterly WRONG to remove it imho — but death-threats to admins and deneusbeer quitting ETF2L due to getting fed up with all the whiners changed that. Hooray. Well played.

What I’m hoping for, is that this 50/50 split of votes will squelch any such nonsense, if we have the GOOD FORTUNE of not getting the FAN banned.

Removing items from any game is always dumb, End of.

@BulleT: Please, it’s so much more fun when they don’t get it and call me troll :(

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

What I haven’t read is exactly why the fan isn’t broken

Because this game doesnt entirely consist of 1v1 and I want to see you prevail vs 2 enemies at once. You’d have better chances with the scattergun.

You guys only see the situations where the FaN is at an advantage yet you forget about the many situations where it is not as good.

Yes, because with the scattergun you beat other scouts 1v2 like 9 out of 10 times? You actually got a better chance surviving 2v1 situations with the fan because you can stop them from chasing you.

you completely misunderstand gryzor. his point about the sniper rifle is that there are situations where a sniper is op. the point is that you try and work around it, not scream IMBA and ask to get it banned. the fan is no different. yes it is op in certain situations, but if you ban a weapon for circumstantial overpoweredness then there are various other weps/tacs that should be banned. if you are going to be consistent

For a sniper to be imba in certain locations you need to have some skill. The only place where the sniper is imba is at very long range with no flanking abilities. The sniper is also a trade off, you will lose one other class (a soldier or a scout). The fan actually lowers the skill a scout needs to make kills and doesn’t require a class trade off. The fan is imba in 1v1 scout, 2v2 scout, on high ground, close range, when trying to get away, when trying to block a point, locations on the maps with lots of cover/corners (negates the reload time disadvantage). Anyone bringing up the sniper as a response to the fan argument is either a troll or completely retarded (or both).

I’m going to ignore Gryzor for now, because he already has proven he is just to stupid to understand the basics of this game. And he also completely missed my opinion on the added movement.

agron

Relic

Someone alert fragga, rockets are OP!!

gryzor

There are worse ways to spend a saturday afternoon :D woo-hoo!

lassizci

on a horse

For a sniper to be imba in certain locations you need to have some skill.

Yeah, sniper is hard, because you have to hit. FaN shouldn’t aim automatically :(

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 13 Next »