Forum

Only 1 FAN allowed

Created 8th August 2009 @ 22:02

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 13 Next »

bulletproofsmurf

Vuze.

Please let me know the counter to gran mid, scout goes from their ramp room you go left past you crates. You meet at the corner, close range. How do I counter that?

Are you serious? Dont you think its pretty poor to name one situation where the FaN is at an advantage and call that an argument for banning the FaN?

The game doesnt need to be exactly fair at ALL times during the game – only at the beginning (that means, all the players have the exact same options to start with). If you’re standing alone in front of 3 enemies, that’s unfair. If the enemy has uber and you dont, thats unfair. If you got 5 pieces less than your opponent in chess, that’s unfair too.

The whole purpose of a game is to find situations where you are at the advantage to defeat your enemy. If all the situations had the same chance of outcome, the game would be pretty bad, don’t you think so?

If this weapon is so heavily overpowering and imbalanced, I wonder why still the majority of the scout uses the scattergun. And pls dont come with bullshit like “It’s boring to play with the FaN” or “It’s not honorful to play with the FaN”.

Again. Another great argument. Genius.

Also, in reference to your other great argument, this vote will NOT be representative of the actual opinion of the majority of competitive tf2 players. There will be a hell of a lot of people who see that vote and think “yeah the fan pisses me off im gona vote for a ban”. This vote doesnt include the hundreds of people who are indifferent and dont actually mind it. If it gets banned it will be the victory of a particularly vocal (read, whiny) minority, at the expense of the silent majority.

If you want to start a different thread on the countless situations where having the scatter would be preferable to the FAN then bring it on.

All it takes is a little team coordination to f**k up a scout using the fan. There a few situations where it is OP. Like the corner of mid on gran, fair enough. But dont forget the other situations where it is UP

Ijantis

I dont understand why they’re having another vote on the fan after the last one clearly showed a majority wanting to keep the weapon in the game.

Smofo

Im THAT good!

And what does it state now?

Rele

I dont understand why they’re having another vote on the fan after the last one clearly showed a majority wanting to keep the weapon in the game.

Apparently there was much confusion in the first poll. This also shows in the current one, where it’s pretty much 50:50 now.

I just hope the decision whether the ban is coming or not isnt determined by a mere difference of 11 votes as it stands atm and imo there should be some kind of a “benefit of the doubt”-policy.

zodiak

if half or nearly half the ppl want to ban that weapon, the admins should ban it! I dont see the point if the halfcommunity dislikes the weapon to leave it in!

Rele

if half or nearly half the ppl want to ban that weapon, the admins should ban it! I dont see the point if the halfcommunity dislikes the weapon to leave it in!

If half or nearly half the ppl want to leave the weapon in, the admins should not ban it! I dont see the point if the half community wants the weapon in the game to ban it!

See what I did there?

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

What a retarded argument.

SEASON 6: FORCE-A-NATURE
Ban (50%, 590 Votes)
Allow (Limit = 1) (50%, 581 Votes)

Shouldn’t be banned if the results are 50/50, I’m guessing there’ll be an influx in anti-FaN whiners before the polls close.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

It’s up the the players in favour of the FaN to give us good reasoning why a weapon which stuns should be allowed into competitive TF2.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

It’s up the the players in favour of the FaN to give us good reasoning why a weapon which stuns should be allowed into competitive TF2.

lets ban natascha woooooooooooooo

Ijantis

it doesnt stun. All it does it lift you up into the air

Qun

GoT<3

FaN is bugged, end of discussion…

basH.

hf

ban the fan

bulletproofsmurf

Vuze.

probably the most ill informed argument in this thread. The burden of proof lies with the ones wanting reform, not with the ones that want the game to remain how it is designed. If you want to make such a radical change to what I believe is a perfectly balanced and functioning formula then YOU are the ones who have to convince US and provide adequate reasoning why such drastic reform is required.

Some people should really think before they post

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

People in favor of banning the fan already posted arguments with regards to why they think the fan is broken. People in favor of limit 1/2 only posted “LOL L2P” and “LOL CONTROL SCOUT LOL”. You might have missed that, but the burden of proof lies with the fan supporters at the moment, because they haven’t posted a convincing case in favor of the fan yet.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

People in favor of banning the fan already posted arguments with regards to why they think the fan is broken. People in favor of limit 1/2 only posted “LOL L2P” and “LOL CONTROL SCOUT LOL”. You might have missed that, but the burden of proof lies with the fan supporters at the moment, because they haven’t posted a convincing case in favor of the fan yet.

There were loads of viable arguments for not banning the FaN in the thread that got deleted, you just chose to ignore them because it would bring an end to your cryfest.

I’m away for the weekend, but I’ll be expecting a sh1t load of whine when I get back on Sunday, so don’t let me down.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 13 Next »