Forum

Only 1 FAN allowed

Created 8th August 2009 @ 22:02

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 Next »

Psyche

how the hell do you want to compare damage over time with the FaN when simply because of the dps it has the scattergun scouts on the opposing team are dead? broken physics and way too fast skills with little to no aim, that’s the problem. And really gryzor, if we’re that ridiculous stop posting if you think we’re stupid. Simply stop posting, and start not giving a crap. Oh wait you can’t… you feel the urge to troll.

bulletproofsmurf

Vuze.

This argument clearly isn’t going away any time soon. The people wanting it banned aren’t listening to reason IMO but nevertheless neither side is goingto concede. The fact everyone is split down the middle (reflected by the 50 50 vote so far) means a compromise should be made

gryzor

Yes, allowing only one FAN instead of two would be a good compromise — even if that sucks balls.

bulletproofsmurf

Vuze.

Agreed. Both sides could probably make their peace with that

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Yes, allowing only one FAN instead of two would be a good compromise — even if that sucks balls.

It would not. It like saying rape is fine because 1 out 2 enjoy it. :D. But seriously, if I have to explain why your reasoning is wrong it shows that you really have no clue. It is in no way a good compromise because half the community doesn’t want the fan at all. Fuck me, even my 6 year old sister could understand that.

lassizci

on a horse

Quite narrow minded people here :P

FaN is NOT overpowered overall. Otherwise _everyone_ would be using it. Looks like there are reasons to use scatter instead.

FaN is useful from shorter range than scatter and therefor it is harder to get to close range when compared to scatter gun. It is also a bit harder to shoot because if you keep jumping while shooting, it propels yourself. Scatter doesn’t have the effect, so it’s easier to dodge while shooting.

Scatter also has six rounds which really counts in bigger fights. Scatter also forgives missed hits more due to six rounds instead of two. If you hit with FaN, for sure you will hit with scatter too which means you can kill more enemies in shorter time that you could with FaN because you have to reload with FaN.

The so called stun is nothing. You probly can’t move but it doesn’t prevent from shooting back. It’s of course a bit easier for scout to hit a target that’s not moving, but you still have to hit the first one anyway. It doesn’t make a bad aimer good. And if you don’t aim well, you won’t cause much knockback.

The knockback effect is probably something that needs some rework as it’s probably not optimal to have the effect of a rocket shot to legs. Anyway it’s possible to live with it until it gets changed.

Banning a weapon is just wrong, short term solution. By banning the weapon, the opportunity to learn to use it is also taken away. And what if Valve adjusts the weapon? After the adjustment the weapon is banned for reason that don’t exist. Then the weapon can be again unbanned, but what did I say about short term solution…

The final question to everyone who still tries to complain about it’s overpowerness: Why aren’t everyone using it? If it’s superior, then everyone should be using it. Still I see div1 scouts using scatter. Keep the “because it’s lame” -crap as it really doesn’t count when our goal is to win the game.

lassizci

on a horse

It would not. It like saying rape is fine because 1 out 2 enjoy it. :D. But seriously, if I have to explain why your reasoning is wrong it shows that you really have no clue. It is in no way a good compromise because half the community doesn’t want the fan at all. Fuck me, even my 6 year old sister could understand that.

And a half of the community wants FaN. How exactly would banning it completely satisfy the half?

Anyway, democracy doesn’t work because a stupid person’s vote counts as much as not-so-stupid one’s.

Skyride

DUCS

Im reading this thread and lol’ing actually.

Rockets aren’t OP up close?! They have an ADVANTAGE up close. TF2 is a big game of rock-paper-scissors. Your putting the rock against the scissors and calling the rock OP while forgetting about paper. Everything has a counter to it in TF2, and everything has advantages and disadvantages.

FaN has an advantage over the scattergun at point-blank range vs 1 or 2 players. But Scattergun is better in combat vs a number of players or another scout.

Can’t understand how this (completely retarded) discussion is still going.
It’s not OP so it doesn’t need a limit of 0. It’s a bit annoying so let’s make it a limit of 1 to keep the whiners happy.

The fact that the above hasn’t been stated by an *actual* admin yet is ridiculous.
Trolled by admins.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quite narrow minded people here :P

FaN is NOT overpowered overall. Otherwise _everyone_ would be using it. Looks like there are reasons to use scatter instead.

FaN is useful from shorter range than scatter and therefor it is harder to get to close range when compared to scatter gun. It is also a bit harder to shoot because if you keep jumping while shooting, it propels yourself. Scatter doesn’t have the effect, so it’s easier to dodge while shooting.

Scatter also has six rounds which really counts in bigger fights. Scatter also forgives missed hits more due to six rounds instead of two. If you hit with FaN, for sure you will hit with scatter too which means you can kill more enemies in shorter time that you could with FaN because you have to reload with FaN.

The so called stun is nothing. You probly can’t move but it doesn’t prevent from shooting back. It’s of course a bit easier for scout to hit a target that’s not moving, but you still have to hit the first one anyway. It doesn’t make a bad aimer good. And if you don’t aim well, you won’t cause much knockback.

The knockback effect is probably something that needs some rework as it’s probably not optimal to have the effect of a rocket shot to legs. Anyway it’s possible to live with it until it gets changed.

Banning a weapon is just wrong, short term solution. By banning the weapon, the opportunity to learn to use it is also taken away. And what if Valve adjusts the weapon? After the adjustment the weapon is banned for reason that don’t exist. Then the weapon can be again unbanned, but what did I say about short term solution…

The final question to everyone who still tries to complain about it’s overpowerness: Why aren’t everyone using it? If it’s superior, then everyone should be using it. Still I see div1 scouts using scatter. Keep the “because it’s lame” -crap as it really doesn’t count when our goal is to win the game.

I’ve been in several games where i was forced to use the fan because of the other team using the fan. This is a sign many other broken game elements share.

There is no need for a scatter scout to jump a lot, the advantages are only minor. It all depends on the persons gamestyle. And besides, jumping in scout vs scout is rarely done and mostly suicide. The weapon is mainly broken in scout vs scout, the other aspects of the fan are just icing to the cake.

The DPS difference between the fan and the scatter ain’t huge. The reload doesn’t matter on parts of the map with obstacles and cover, you can use those while you reload.

The stun is what breaks the weapon. You hit for 40dmg with the fan, enemy gets stunned and you align perfect meatshot. You win. Even if the other scout has perfect aim and hits a perfect meatshot with his scatter he still loses because of the RoF combined with the easy 2nd shot.

And yes, if Valve fixed the weapon is should be allowed again. You cannot allow a broken weapon “because Valve will fix it sometime in the future”. Just like the trading system should have been here ;). It shouldn’t be allowed until it is fixed. We should have a new poll as soon as it gets patched again.

I’ve seen scouts from Dignitas, Imperial and Vale use it. And I don’t even watch the scene that closely. There could be others.

julieN1

cQr

do like the Sandman then.

Banned until both teams agree to use it.

do that for the fan, that way, if you play against people that don’t want the fan, they won’t have to play against the fan or if you play against teams that allow the FaN, you can use it aswell and be happy.

sorted.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

And a half of the community wants FaN. How exactly would banning it completely satisfy the half?

Anyway, democracy doesn’t work because a stupid person’s vote counts as much as not-so-stupid one’s.

Because it wont ruin the fun for that half (except for the fan scouts who wouldnt be able to do shit with the scatter)

Indeed, we should look at the people with the best arguments in this discussion. If you would do that you would see the fan just needs to be banned.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

do that for the fan, that way, if you play against people that don’t want the fan, they won’t have to play against the fan or if you play against teams that allow the FaN, you can use it aswell and be happy.

sorted.

+1

Lets do this.

bulletproofsmurf

Vuze.

I’ve seen scouts from Dignitas, Imperial and Vale use it. And I don’t even watch the scene that closely. There could be others.

Youv’e seen them use it yes but its not exactly their weapon of choice? As has been put sooooo many times, most high div players use the scatter 90% of the time. If the FAN is that OP, why aren’t they using it all the time?

Lets ignore everything else for the moment and let this cretin answer this very simple question. Something that has been asked hundreds of times…

Rele

sorted.

Why should I have the obligation to follow the artificial rules that some scrubs made up in their own mind?

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 Next »