Forum

Only 1 FAN allowed

Created 8th August 2009 @ 22:02

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 13 Next »

bulletproofsmurf

Vuze.

Ohh cmon its just a weapon, and its a part of the game. Whats the next step when we have banned the FAN? Ban Stickies and Medigun’s cause they are also annoying.

So let me resume, let’s ban everything anybody dont like: ban Demo’s, Sniper’s, Soldier’s, Scout’s, Medic’s, Pyro’s, Heavy’s, Spies, Engies.
Hmm nothing left to rage about, so lets play CS :p

And a Public vote for that case is not fair, cause there are more Medics, Solis and Demos out there than Scouts, and not one of them will say: “FAN? i dont care!”.

!!!FAN limit 1 would be ok.!!!

Best argument yet

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

best argument for banning the fan is this: it still stuns.

ban the fan so bad scouts will still be bad

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

best argument for banning the fan is this: it still stuns.

ban the fan so bad scouts will still be bad

+1

Much more fun to stop a soldier from reaching spire by meatshotting him in the face with a scattergun :P

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

As it requires skill, which hitting one pellet does not.

GriZZly

So a Scout with FAN is like Jesus, running over water and flying should not be a problem? No counter against a FAN Scout?

First of all, you have your distance, use it!!! If a Scout comes so close that you can’t react, you have made a big mistake that would also be punished with the normal Scattergun.If you get stunned by a Scout, just shoot him a Rocket or a Pipe right between the eye’s.
Imo thats a really good counter :p

If the FAN scouts always shoot you in the back you should think, why they have the chance to come behind you. Mayyyyybeeeeee that happens because you always look forward?

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

OH WOW MATE, THANKS FOR TELLING US TO WATCH OUR BACKS. I NEVER THOUGHT OF IT.

Anathema

omg that’s why I keep getting killed by fan scouts, if I saw them coming I just turned around :OOO

GriZZly

so you see the scout coming and you can not manage to kill him? YEAH, now its clear why you want to ban the FAN :p

I dont want to give you smart tips, i just want to understand why some people are so afraid of this gun?! imo for every attack there is a counterattack, and its the same by the FAN. If you see the scout coming, it should be easy to kill him. Otherwhise you should watch your back, i sayd nothing else, and i never made an offense on one of you, so pls keep discussing and calm down.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Please let me know the counter to gran mid, scout goes from their ramp room you go left past you crates. You meet at the corner, close range. How do I counter that?

GriZZly

k thats true, that there is nearly no counter, but what are you doing when a Demo or a soldier comes around “that” corner and shoot you a pipe/rocket in your face, where is the counter in that situation? its the same situation and nearly the same chance to survive but in the second situation no one would say ban the Demo or Soldiers.

seraph

rEJ

the counter to that situation is to get yourself an easy kill thanks to selfdamage!

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

And seraph has said it!

Please let me know the counter to gran mid, scout goes from their ramp room you go left past you crates. You meet at the corner, close range. How do I counter that?

Don’t meet at the corner. Doesn’t take a genious to figure that out.

GriZZly

the counter to that situation is to get yourself an easy kill thanks to selfdamage!

Nope, because if hes a Soldier and you are a Soldier you get the selfdamage for your shot, and he gets the selfdamage for his shoot = equal situation, more chances to survive for the slower or the soldier with more experience (+/- a bit of luck:P) same case for Demos.

If you are an Scout and hes a Soldier, it depands how you react, if you are an robot and can manage to kill him with 2 Scattershots (in every case), than you dont need to fear the FAN because your opponent will make mistakes. If you are not an robot this case is unpredictable, its a fair fight, skill luck and a “littlebit” of experience will help you to win, the FAN won’t help you ;)

Rele

Are you serious? Dont you think its pretty poor to name one situation where the FaN is at an advantage and call that an argument for banning the FaN?

The game doesnt need to be exactly fair at ALL times during the game – only at the beginning (that means, all the players have the exact same options to start with). If you’re standing alone in front of 3 enemies, that’s unfair. If the enemy has uber and you dont, thats unfair. If you got 5 pieces less than your opponent in chess, that’s unfair too.

The whole purpose of a game is to find situations where you are at the advantage to defeat your enemy. If all the situations had the same chance of outcome, the game would be pretty bad, don’t you think so?

If this weapon is so heavily overpowering and imbalanced, I wonder why still the majority of the scout uses the scattergun. And pls dont come with bullshit like “It’s boring to play with the FaN” or “It’s not honorful to play with the FaN”.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 13 Next »