Forum

Only 1 FAN allowed

Created 8th August 2009 @ 22:02

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 13 Next »

Jh

Hey dats!

lol “lets drop etf2l cos i cant use the fan, lets go play wireplay where the real competition and fun is”

lol@u

GriZZly

Ohh cmon its just a weapon, and its a part of the game. Whats the next step when we have banned the FAN? Ban Stickies and Medigun’s cause they are also annoying.

So let me resume, let’s ban everything anybody dont like: ban Demo’s, Sniper’s, Soldier’s, Scout’s, Medic’s, Pyro’s, Heavy’s, Spies, Engies.
Hmm nothing left to rage about, so lets play CS :p

And a Public vote for that case is not fair, cause there are more Medics, Solis and Demos out there than Scouts, and not one of them will say: “FAN? i dont care!”.

!!!FAN limit 1 would be ok.!!!

spence

¤_¤

people hate change…fact!

Vali

-9w-

The real fun lies in finding a counter against the FaN that works and make the FaN players face it.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. It’s when you realise both this and the fact that there is no counter to the FaN that you can appropriately come to the conclusion that the FaN purely detracts from the fun had when playing this game for everyone but the FaN scouts.

Best “counter” I’ve heard so far is from Arx saying to save your doublejump for when the first shot hits you. Now all we need to do is give every class a second jump so they aren’t just sitting ducks for a meatshot and we’re set!

gryzor

aren’t just sitting ducks for a meatshot and we’re set!

It’s called communicating with your team so enemy scouts never get that up close. Since we’ve solved that, let’s go ahead and allow the FAN!

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

aren’t just sitting ducks for a meatshot and we’re set!

It’s called communicating with your team so enemy scouts never get that up close. Since we’ve solved that, let’s go ahead and allow the FAN!

Lol, just Lol. And how are we gonna stop them from getting close? Sitting back with 2 snipers behind sentries? Maybe hide in the spawn? Run away from the fastest class in the game? Stop theory crafting plx.

Vali

-9w-

And the reason why scout is utterly useless in competitive TF2 and always bottom of the scoreboard is because it’s incredibly easy to deny him from ever getting into close quarters with any class other than your scouts, right? Right?

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

for the people saying stickies and rockets and pines are annoying, they’re counterable. You have your strafe-keys for a reason. However, you can’t dodge a hitscan weapon, no matter how good you are. In theory anyway. The only class that can somewhat counter the fan’s stun/knockback/rageinducing effect is another scout, by doublejumping, which isn’t always an option, and barely makes the situation better for the scout. A demo, for example, has no way to counter a fan-scout after being shot in the air, as pines would cause way too much self-damage, possibly killing the demo from 1 shot of the fan + the self-damage.
Now, the people who are saying that using a fan yourself is a counter to the enemys fanscout are wrong, for the obvious reason that it doesn’t counter it. It is merely causing the same effect on the enemy, thus balancing things out a bit. Besides, in all the earlier competitive games, weapons/characters/whatnot that are only counterable with themselves (akuma in ssf2t etc) have always been banned from competitions.

Oops, wall of text.

tl;dr: nothing counters something unless the counter is able to beat the thing it counters majority of the time, in most situations. The FaN has none.

gryzor

You know you argue with really bright people on the Intertubes when they talk about “score” in a competitive team-based game and go “lol, just lol” at you.

I love it!

Next up: The awesomeness continues.

Ps. Do you press tab all the time when you play games with your clan as well? :D :D :D

Vali

-9w-

You know you argue with really bright people on the Intertubes when they talk about “score” in a competitive team-based game and go “lol, just lol” at you.

I love it!

Next up: The awesomeness continues.

Ps. Do you press tab all the time when you play games with your clan as well? :D :D :D

Score is indicative of how well you’re doing and how much of a capwhore you are, but even in a team everyone needs to play their part. You know when you’re arguing with someone that knows they’ve lost when they decide to focus on petty things and completely avoid the question at hand.

Oh and yes, I do press tab quite a lot over the course of the match. It’s a nice way to check which enemies are dead and when they respawn. Sorry if you’re not smart enough to have thought about that yet.

RaCio

GoT²

Best “counter” I’ve heard so far is from Arx saying to save your doublejump for when the first shot hits you. Now all we need to do is give every class a second jump so they aren’t just sitting ducks for a meatshot and we’re set!

Soldiers dont need double jump since they cant be 2shot anyway. (unless your bright enough to let the scout come into point blank range, in which case you deserve to die.)

Lol, just Lol. And how are we gonna stop them from getting close? Sitting back with 2 snipers behind sentries? Maybe hide in the spawn? Run away from the fastest class in the game? Stop theory crafting plx.

Lets see… How about covering the flanks?

for the people saying stickies and rockets and pines are annoying, they’re counterable. You have your strafe-keys for a reason.

Yeah you can clearly strafe dodge stickytraps :D :D
People are just accustomed to things like stickytraps and good snipers. There are no so called ‘hard counters’ to stickytraps, you just learn to pay attention and let your soldiers check.

A demo, for example, has no way to counter a fan-scout after being shot in the air, as pines would cause way too much self-damage, possibly killing the demo from 1 shot of the fan + the self-damage.

In your example, do pipes cause selfdamage on all ranges or were you only talking about point blank fights? :D
So please tell me, how can the demo counter a scattergun scout after the scout is pointblank and has fired 1 shot on demo?
“no way to counter a scattergun-scout after being shot, as pines would cause way too much self-damage, possibly killing the demo from 1 shot of the scattergun + the self-damage.”

There are plenty of good arguments against the fan, come up with those instead of plain whining…

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

You can’t dodge sticky traps by strafing, indeed. But you don’t exactly have to walk into them either. And the difference between a demo meat-shot by the fan and the scattergun is the fact that they can DODGE afterwards. If shot by fan, their options are to die to self-damage, or die to the 2nd shot from the fan.

bulletproofsmurf

Vuze.

lol “lets drop etf2l cos i cant use the fan, lets go play wireplay where the real competition and fun is”

bulletproofsmurf

Vuze.

some people are as fickle as that

Vali

-9w-

Soldiers dont need double jump since they cant be 2shot anyway. (unless your bright enough to let the scout come into point blank range, in which case you deserve to die.)

This isn’t a game of 1on1, full hp, FIGHT. FaN may paralyse you so that you’re an easy shot for other classes, may stop you from retreating etc. or you could just be on less than full hp and in 2shot range. It’s not as simple as you make it out to be.

There are no so called ‘hard counters’ to stickytraps, you just learn to pay attention and let your soldiers check.

It’s called attentiveness and a hitscan/explosive weapon. If you die to a stickytrap it’s simply your fault for not being careful enough, there is no stickytrap in the game that is not counterable with the method I just provided. People fall for the same tired stickytrap places time after time, but that isn’t the fault of the weapon.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 13 Next »