Forum

Rethink your moderation

Created 13th July 2011 @ 13:55

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 Next »

Quoted from RaCio

I will take responsibility for that

Both Gubbins and Konr are removed until those guidelines and procedures are clarified and made more official

You take responsibility by making them pay for it?

konr

Quoted from Ripple

danny is legit and decided that a few times. The 2 new rage-kids say the opposite, now he’s gone. I know he’s legit (seen it, wouldn’t defend a cheater), i won’t try to defend him here – admins decided and it’s fine. But i don’t want that innocent players get banned because of happenings like that in the future.

Happenings like what exactly? Happenings like people getting banned on a whim? Don’t forget that basH is an AC too, and he also had to agree for the ban to happen. No one or two people can ban a person and it took long enough to happen either way. Don’t make assumptions like that. I’m rather prone to rage and even taking bait (even if I know it’s bait) because honestly I’m a bit dumb when it comes to people being hostile for stupid reasons, and I handle it badly. As for me raging in pcws I’m never serious if I type something in chat, and I’m friends with both Orchid and Swarlz so I wasn’t serious in that post either.
Quoted from WARHURYEAH

And Crashsite, konr has experience in cheating on cp_orange_x, he talked about it in his blog.

I think you need to learn to read, I never said anything like that. I said I used to play in orange_x3 and that’s how I got into TF2 properly, not that I cheated on there. As for the old AC admins, who exactly are you talking about? Huhy is the only one I can think of unless you mean Buffalo Bill. Huhy (no offense to the guy, he’s awesome) doesn’t really have a lot experience or knowledge when it comes to AC and he was more of a grafter than someone that knew every in and out of cheating, and Bill definitely does not think he’s legit.

Quoted from Ripple

I would even try to improve AC if i had a clue (well, they don’t have aswell) but i know that i’m not able to do something important like judging if someone is cheating or not. But at least i’d not ban someone who dominated me, i never ever called someone cheater, for me players who kill and dominate me, are better players. That’s the attitude an AC-Admin should have, so he can judge different cases neutral.

First of all, what makes you think we don’t have a clue? How can you judge that someone is banning someone unfairly purely on your biased and (self-proclaimed)un-educated opinion? As for the last part, that doesn’t really make much sense. Sure it’s not very professional for an AC to say ‘you’re a cheater’ in the open like that, but if every single person they played against (even the ones that seemed like cheaters) was thought of by them as just a better player, then none of said people would be caught. I understand what you’re saying but that last part didn’t really make that much sense.

Dummy

theyre AC admins, I never for a moment thought they represented ETF2L and treated their posts like a normal players post.
of course, spike and ashkan are different, as theyre not AC admins – these two should be the ones removed, not gubbins / konr, as they oft behaved in a childlish or very biased manner.
also on another note, admins should really behave themselves in IRC channels, scrims, and (obviously) officials as well, not just on the forums. sure its tough but youre representing a league, it was your choice.

demsii

EPA

First of all, what makes you think we don’t have a clue? How can you judge that someone is banning someone unfairly purely on your biased and (self-proclaimed)un-educated opinion? As for the last part, that doesn’t really make much sense. Sure it’s not very professional for an AC to say ‘you’re a cheater’ in the open like that, but if every single person they played against (even the ones that seemed like cheaters) was thought of by them as just a better player, then none of said people would be caught. I understand what you’re saying but that last part didn’t really make that much sense.

Funny .. and you are educated because someone has shown you that he was cheating therefore you’re the best of judge with no previous experience at all and being a total tit ingame and outgame?

For example, few days ago:
[21:01:15] (demsii) I know I’m gonna regret this, but
[21:01:17] (demsii) ippw? ))
[21:01:56] (konr) already got one faggot

I can definitely say we’re not friends (at all), nor that you were trolling as you seemed genuinely upset about my comment. And seeing you’re in a position of a certain reputation, you’d think you would have to behave because you’re representing a league, staff and other people, no matter the state of your intelligence. Though you admitting you’re not one of the brightest is also a great concern to me seeing the position you were put in. This shows EXACTLY why you are not fit as an admin and never were and why Gryzor was kicked out with that being one of the reasons.

Dr Icecream

Just throwing this idea out here, doesn’t mean I expect anything to come out of it, but:

In Dakka we have people responsible for the general things in the community (mumble, pub servers, basically making sure no trolling or flaming happens and doing the proper thing for it) and there are Ex and I, we basically have the power to do anything, so that means provide server support, make system changes, but also do the same thing as the pub admins/ moderators.

What about having an admin log in which every admin reports what they have done that affects ETF2L in any way (this means bans, the Wordpress upgrades etc obviously, it’s not supposed to be a thread to argue over forum posts etc). This way, any admin will already be able to give an answer to any question concerning something other admins are possibly responsible for. That way communication concerning different topics can be improved.

About the attitude of certain admins: I think that’s a combination of common sense and the head admins being more harsh towards “their own” (just a matter of giving it a name).

I’ve been missing a contact form on this website for quite a while now, if you put up a decent contact form, you could be able to collect all sorts of complaints in different area’s and make separate tasks that people get assigned to weekly, this will improve the workload at first, which will require extra people, depending on how many people start using it, but once it’s running like it should, complaints about anything will be taken care of properly, you just need to make sure there’s someone to take care of it the largest part of the day.

tl;dr version:

Reform the admin section, not necessarily by replacing people, but by re-organising certain flows and of course a certain ruleset for admins. That way, a lot of threads complaining about things like these will be avoided.

OR we could just get Dave Grohl to become an admin on the site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl9GMOTaqtc

konr

22:22 – konr.idk?: Check the thread
22:22 – konr.idk?: And please get off of L4D for a bit to have a chat with myself and Buffalo Bill
22:22 – konr.idk?: Because I have to leave in 40 minutes
22:26 – RaCio?: should try snowie then
22:27 – RaCio?: Unless its quick
22:29 – konr.idk?: wow.

Wanted to talk about the league and he’s too busy playing L4D pub. Nice!

Quoted from demsii

For example, few days ago:
[21:01:15] (demsii) I know I’m gonna regret this, but
[21:01:17] (demsii) ippw? ))
[21:01:56] (konr) already got one faggot

I can definitely say we’re not friends (at all), nor that you were trolling as you seemed genuinely upset about my comment. And seeing you’re in a position of a certain reputation, you’d think you would have to behave because you’re representing a league, staff and other people, no matter the state of your intelligence. Though you admitting you’re not one of the brightest is also a great concern to me seeing the position you were put in. This shows EXACTLY why you are not fit as an admin and never were and why Gryzor was kicked out with that being one of the reasons.

I don’t like you because of how egotistical and fucking stupid you are, so I called you a faggot hoping it would annoy you a little bit. As for the shit about me saying I’m not bright, I never said that. I said that I’m dumb when it comes to people baiting me, and that’s it. It would be excellent if you read what I said correctly so that you didn’t make false claims. Oh also tell me, how are basH, huhy, gryzor, anakin or anyone else more qualified than myself? What experience do they have? Be specific because saying ‘they have experience spotting cheaters in a league’ wouldn’t be great, considering now I do too and apparently I’m not suitable!

MEGAMIDDIE

Quoted from konr

22:22 – konr.idk?: And please get off of L4D for a bit to have a chat with myself and Buffalo Bill

UH OH, INTERNAL ADMIN RAGE

Dummy

Quoted from konr

this post certainly shows off your maturity, konr. to be honest, it now proves that War is right about you – you’re not fit to be an admin. turning against a fellow admin and being smart about it – well done! also, you never said to him you want to discuss the league – and no it is not obvious because you said ‘buffalo bill and me’ – building a straw argument right here, well done.

demsii

EPA

For starters he’s playing with 3 dutchies that were/are in GoT so they’re prolly playing together.
Also I doubt he should make time for YOU whenever YOU deem it necessary, but rather look for an appropiate time when you’re both free. I doubt you woud appreciate it if he pm’d you asking about it 15 mins into your pcw, no?

But yes, we all feel your pain.

And there was me wondering when the next drama thread would be.

Septique

My god

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
this post certainly shows off your maturity, konr. to be honest, it now proves that War is right about you – you’re not fit to be an admin. turning against a fellow admin and being smart about it – well done! also, you never said to him you want to discuss the league – and no it is not obvious because you said ‘buffalo bill and me’ – building a straw argument right here, well done.

Quoted from demsii

For starters he’s playing with 3 dutchies that were/are in GoT so they’re prolly playing together.
Also I doubt he should make time for YOU whenever YOU deem it necessary, but rather look for an appropiate time when you’re both free. I doubt you woud appreciate it if he pm’d you asking about it 15 mins into your pcw, no?

But yes, we all feel your pain.

Racio says he’ll take full responsibility. He didn’t even inform konr that he was removed as AC admin. He then doesn’t have the time to talk to konr about this whole bussiness. Sorry, but that’s not (just?) konr being immature.

Dummy

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

[…]

Racio says he’ll take full responsibility. He didn’t even inform konr that he was removed as AC admin. He then doesn’t have the time to talk to konr about this whole bussiness. Sorry, but that’s not (just?) konr being immature.

A, he said it in this thread.
B, konr never said it was about this whole business.
C, from who do you know he has not told them?

konr

Quoted from Dummy

[…]

I didn’t paste every last bit of it, and I did actually say that I wanted to discuss the league. Also this isn’t just a one off thing, it’s more an example of how he is constantly. He had some issues in real life which is fair enough but prior to that he was far too busy collecting every single one of the potatoes for Portal to actually speak to any of the AC admins, or finish any jobs that needed to be done considering them. I’m calling him out a bit now and I’m sorry if that offends anyone (including him) but the AC got so completely retarded I actually don’t even want to be a part of it anymore. basH convinced me to stay when I was going to leave anyway, so if they want to remove me when I make one joke rage post, that’s fine. As for ‘fellow admin’ if you could actually read what RaCio said (which you actually can, because you replied to it earlier), I’m no longer an admin.

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
A, he said it in this thread.
B, konr never said it was about this whole business.
C, from who do you know he has not told them?

http://etf2l.org/forum/compreq/topic-17555/page-5/?recent=318312#post-318273

He said it in this thread but didn’t inform konr directly, konr then posted stating he was not informed of this until he read racio’s post (which is already bad, he should’ve informed them in private before going public). Anybody with 2 braincells to rub together knows that when you remove an admin and he wants to talk to you 2 hours later, it’s because of that situation.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 Next »