Forum

Rethink your moderation

Created 13th July 2011 @ 13:55

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

Ripple

Quoted from flushy

Just a suggestion: individual admins who are incapable of behaving in a mature, responsible fashion with the responsibility given to them are damaged goods and should be removed and their posts given to people who can handle it (p.s. there are plenty of those).

Yes it’s a gaming forum and there’s going to be some trolling but things certain individuals have said just makes ETF2L look silly.

Yes, the problem is – ETF2L has not enough people who want to be AC-Admin, so they keep the few they have. Imo we should do something like forcing dodgy people to play ETF2L-Matches with ESL Wire in the Test Team and cooperate with AnAkIn, who can see things others (etf2l-AC’s) can’t (not sure if a cooperation like that can happen). Especially on higher-div players who play ESL aswell (and i think anakin wants a cheater-free ESL-League aswell)

But tbh, Wireplay with no AC-Admins is better than ETF2L with those.

Wire > none > ETF2L AC

flushy

P.O.P

Quoted from Ripple

[…]

Yes, the problem is – ETF2L has not enough people who want to be AC-Admin, so they keep the few they have. Imo we should do something like forcing dodgy people to play ETF2L-Matches with ESL Wire in the Test Team and cooperate with AnAkIn, who can see things others (etf2l-AC’s) can’t (not sure if a cooperation like that can happen). Especially on higher-div players who play ESL aswell (and i think anakin wants a cheater-free ESL-League aswell)

my post wasn’t aimed at an AC admins in particular, although it can be applied to certain people.

Ripple

Quoted from flushy

[…]

my post wasn’t aimed at an AC admins in particular, although it can be applied to certain people.

ye, just referred to the part of admins i was talking about. Sure what you said should be aimed at all admins. But can’t complain about the League Admins tbh, they do a better job by far (still they’re helpless sometimes, since the Head-Admins are away quite often from what i’ve heard).

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Ripple – Back in the day everyone raged at Winneh because after we played people in pcw’s various russians would get “banned” and then whine and moan about it saying “just because we beat you in a pcw you banned him!!”. I doubt anyone gets “rage banned” as everyone must approve before they ban and after what happened with quad (see below). Also they obviously can just spot a cheater well unlike yourself.

Speaking of Quad, i could be wrong, but Didn’t he like not hack in the first place and only got banned due to Gryzor trollinging said the was a “hacker” and everyone in AC didn’t pay attention and blindly agreed with him just for Gryzor to make a point about the AC system?

Also, Tf2 admins if you want respect come and be a lan admin, you get free pints :D and the ability to see people IRL if they flame you Much better deal!

Ripple

I don’t know mate, and i don’t care about what happened in the past. I’m probably one of the few who knows how danny plays – the AC-Teams are not machines and can’t be right on every decision. It’s totally fine.

But the way they behave makes them less credible. They should shut up, do their work and not show everyone that they have the power to ban. That’s my opinion, i’m not raging or complaining about the ban of danny in particular, we never did – even after it happened. People can be wrong, but if it’s based on their experience and they’re really good ac-admins (which i doubt), they should work in the background.

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Speaking of Quad, i could be wrong, but Didn’t he like not hack in the first place and only got banned due to Gryzor trollinging said the was a “hacker” and everyone in AC didn’t pay attention and blindly agreed with him just for Gryzor to make a point about the AC system?

Gryzor’s word vs Admin’s word, and Gryzor was constantly railing on ETF2L at the time so hardly an unbiased or reliable source.

Ghostface

spire

I’m pretty sure konr doesn’t know half-shit about cheats and detecting cheaters. Every cheater that he “reported” was when someone tipped him off.

Mark

Phase

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Gryzor’s word vs Admin’s word, and Gryzor was constantly railing on ETF2L at the time so hardly an unbiased or reliable source.

The point was Gryzor sent his stuff in knowing he wasn’t hacking (at least to his knowledge), but to prove that the AC team were corrupt. The AC team stand by their decision thinking they one upped him as he “really was hacking” (lol).

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

i already applied three times for an AC admin never heard a short reply

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I spotted a blatant aimbotter. Can I be in the AC team now!?

ash

(Legend)
:D

The apps seem to ‘disappear’ halfway to the recipients.

RaCio

GoT²

This has been going on for a bit too long now. AC admins have not been held to behaviour guidelines as well as they should have been, and an effort to give the AC section more independence and objectivity has lead to less direction and increasing distance between the league and AC team. I will take responsibility for that and offer my apologies to anyone wronged, and to the AC team.

Both Gubbins and Konr are removed until those guidelines and procedures are clarified and made more official, then they will be given a chance to apply again under new rules. I would like to note that while at times they did cross lines that they should not have crossed as admins, they also did a great amount of work for TF2. With this, we would like to make sure everyone knows that trolling and harassment, whether it be directed towards an admin or a player, will not be tolerated.

konr

I don’t understand why any of you thought that I was actually being hostile towards Orchid, or Swarlz. The operative word in the first part is ‘bro’ (not actually angry quite obviously) and I wasn’t being serious when I insulted Orchid either, lol. He took it up with me on Steam to see if I was and I told him that I wasn’t. Other than the two unserious insults there’s nothing wrong with it.

I don’t really understand why I’m not allowed to have a joke with anyone on the forums without you guys analysing every last bit of it, or why other admins have done far worse in and out of the forums and have been completely ignored. Ah well, haters gonna hate I guess!

Quoted from Ghostface

I’m pretty sure konr doesn’t know half-shit about cheats and detecting cheaters. Every cheater that he “reported” was when someone tipped him off.

This shows you have no idea how AC works. We aren’t here to look for cheaters, we’re here to deal with reported cheaters. Although we may not be a good word to use considering the post above about me and Gubbins being removed (first I’ve heard of it!) so just pretend I’m talking about AC in general. I was there to sit there waiting for people that play in our league to play against someone they think is dodgy, and if that person IS dodgy, then I checked their demos along with the other AC admins and we all made a decision on whether they hacked or not.

Krakyn

rEJ

Quoted from Tapley ❤

…the ability to see people IRL if they flame you Much better deal!

Tapley you’re Englands tallest sex offender, who the fuck is going to flame you and then ever risk being in the same room as you?

vøid

Poll :

Who cares ?

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »