Forum

Rethink your moderation

Created 13th July 2011 @ 13:55

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 10 Next »

Vince

BiG

I feel some of the admins don’t really know how to moderate a forum, at all. This is not about having stricter rules enforced for the forums, even though I would perfer that. This is just about the moderators being dicks to the people on the forum.

Look at this post by konr:
http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-17549/page-2/?recent=318108#post-318108

On a proper forum, that would be a warning or a temp ban for insulting people. But here it is the admin making the worst post in the thread.

Or at this gem by Spike:
http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-16362/?recent=293603

I don’t really need to comment on that.

Also, something like TL.net has in the automated ban list would be nice to track forum bans.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=32696&currentpage=807

insanity

Where did säm’s thread go? Did konr delete it?

Edit: He did. lold

Vince

BiG

Säms thread? What did he post?

insanity

Quoted konr’s post and named the thread “nice attitude.”

Taoism

totally agree tbh

flushy

P.O.P

I completely 100% agree, the way in which certain individual admins come across on the forums does not help ETF2L’s image, making it look second to ESL.

erratic

inb4 lock.

WLL

was this forum ever serious and friendly, and without trolls?
We need admins who control themselves and do not write shit like

Fuck you bro.

@OP: Rofl I’m an AC admin you fucking mongloid ofc I’m subbed to the cheaters’ YouTube channels. It’s like the police having a news feed on the what modern burglars look like. Also that video (the huntsman one) was actually edited by blorg for 2K, just saying.

EDIT:
Also you missed out TasKu.

Jaskey

Need to be more professional, not a dick

Set the so called example people.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from flushy

I completely 100% agree, the way in which certain individual admins come across on the forums does not help ETF2L’s image, making it look second to ESL.

+1 to the agree train.

It’s really disappointing that people representing the league post things utterly childish and quite embarrassing for the rest of the Admin team.

Some great changes have occurred with Crasp being added to the Head Admins, helping Snowie and Racio continue their excellent work. However, some of the other Admins who have been appointed do not seem to realise that when they post comments on threads, people will see them in their Admin positions, as well as the opinion that the person is trying to get across.

When replying to a thread as an Admin, please take a moment to think about how your comment will constructively help the discussion or how it will make you/the league look. If you can’t answer positively to the above, you should probably press back on your browser and not hit “Add Reply”.

Don’t mess the league up any further. You guys have a solid point to move forwards from – use it.

Mike

TEZC

Yeah I agree! The way konr replied to everything said about his team on that vanilla article in which humba interviews people was quite frankly hilarious, I also doubt he is an asset to the AC team in anyway on top of being immature.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from insanity

konr does not have access to delete threads but it was pointless so it got removed by someone else. Do not worry, he will get his forum ban. His post was unnecessary and inappropriate in any kind of way, no doubts about that!

The main problem with the forum moderation in my opinion is that we can not hand out forum bans while no head admin is around. We have to make a thread and wait for a head admin to ban someone if he posts something inappropriate.
I agree with you, Vince, that the banned players should be able to track when, how long and for what reason they are banned. Not even regular admins can see it.

Do you have any other suggestions how to improve the forum moderation apart from a banlist?

ashkan

Quoted from Vince

Look at this post by konr:
http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-17549/page-2/?recent=318108#post-318108

On a proper forum, that would be a warning or a temp ban for insulting people.

Inappropriate posts are presented to the admins, who share their opinions and then wait for an available head admins to issue the punishment. This comment will undoubtedly result in a temporary ban. Given this system, it’s not possible to immediately state what the punishment is when locking the thread. In most cases, bans are not issued publicly.

Quoted from Vince

But here it is the admin making the worst post in the thread.

Yes, an AC admin, and he’ll be punished for it forum-wise. There can of course be further actions taken in this case, but I’ll leave that up to the head admins.

Quoted from Vince

Or at this gem by Spike:
http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-16362/?recent=293603

That was not the smartest way of locking a thread, but the admins discussed it and criticized the action afterwards. Sorry for that.

Quoted from Vince

Also, something like TL.net has in the automated ban list would be nice to track forum bans.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=32696&currentpage=807

I agree. We’ve discussed various improvements to the forum a lot, but I’ll leave it to the site admins and head admins to decide their priorities (much based on community feedback).

Quoted from insanity

No, AC admins can’t moderate the forums.
The post was just a copy-paste of konr’s comment, so I deleted it instead of locking it. If you want to discuss moderation, do what Vince did and create a constructive thread like this one.

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

it’s just banter

Rethink the moderation? How about the community rethinks itself first? Posts like konr’s, while bad, wouldn’t happen if people didn’t bring up the same old shit time and time again in the most retarded ways possible. That thread was entirely unnecessary, anybody with 2 braincells could figure out why he was subbed to that. While his reaction was over the top the topic shouldn’t even have existed in the first place.

With all the shit people keep posting here I find it hilarious how people whine about the admins instead of the guys who shitpost in the first place.

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 10 Next »