Forum

Rethink your moderation

Created 13th July 2011 @ 13:55

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 10 Next »

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Ripple

[…]

This is what it looks like. If a person sees gubbins and konr acting like a little kid, the first thing that came in my mind at least, was that they do their job as admin the way they behave. Led by emotions, not by evidence

Expect there is no proof for that. There are three of them, demos have to be submitted and no one has complained to another admin, citing a rage ban and won. I am guessing this is because it NEVER FUCKING HAPPENS. People are banned on evidence, you can argue that they aren’t qualified and I have no idea if they are or are not, but it is stupid to say that they ban on how they feel.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

So you hvae jumped from admins rage to admins hack…

Also please read, I agree than Konr’s reactions was bad, but that does not detract for the fact that people need to stop baiting him.

Just saw edit, if it true:

was he testing it for AC purposes

is there proof

it should be investigated if the above are met.

Yeah, the capital letters and smiley face at the end made it look like a legit statement.

Ripple

Also: not complaining about danny, but i hope the demo from our playoff against dstm still works. Gubbins said that danny will be banned and called him a hacker 100 times before the match and raged at him on pcw’s. Sorry that i think he was just pissed. After playing tf2 for months/years at the same top-level, he suddenly gets banned after playing gubbins team and after gubbins excessively raging about him.

If i ask AC-Admins that were in charge before, they still say danny is legit and decided that a few times. The 2 new rage-kids say the opposite, now he’s gone. I know he’s legit (seen it, wouldn’t defend a cheater), i won’t try to defend him here – admins decided and it’s fine. But i don’t want that innocent players get banned because of happenings like that in the future.

If Gubbins would not have said anything, i wouldn’t have the feeling it was rage that lead to this ban, but he did – in a lot of matches we played them – this makes it look strange.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Ripple

Also: not complaining about danny, but i hope the demo from our playoff against dstm still works. Gubbins said that danny will be banned and called him a hacker 100 times before the match and raged at him on pcw’s. Sorry that i think he was just pissed. After playing tf2 for months/years at the same top-level, he suddenly gets banned after playing gubbins team and after gubbins excessively raging about him.

If i ask AC-Admins that were in charge before, they still say danny is legit and decided that a few times. The 2 new rage-kids say the opposite, now he’s gone. I know he’s legit (seen it, wouldn’t defend a cheater), i won’t try to defend him here – admins decided and it’s fine. But i don’t want that innocent players get banned because of happenings like that in the future.

If Gubbins would not have said anything, i wouldn’t have the feeling it was rage that lead to this ban, but he did – in a lot of matches we played them – this makes it look strange.

Have you talked to Bash or another admin, showing this as evdience?

Ripple

you don’t get me crashsite, IF they’re banned with evidence, not lead by emotions – they should act like it and shut up. Wouldn’t have complained in any way then :)

An AC-Admin screaming FUCK YOU GET BANNED SOON is nothing that should happen. Arbitrariness.

I still have the demos of our playoffmatch, i could upload it and you’ll see how gubbins announced it a few times. Hope the demo can still be run.

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Have you talked to Bash or another admin, showing this as evdience?

didn’t do it, because i didn’t even know gubbins is AC-Admin by then. After the ban, which will not be deleted anyway (we’ll just wait till 2012) i didn’t feel like talking to an admin because it is useless.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

I think the 2nd one was actually Atrox? It looks like Atrox. :D

That was indeed me. I was new and bored and others suggested it would be a funny thing to do. Don’t worry, ashkan has been mad at me since.

As for the rest of the thread; get a clue before you judge.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Ripple

you don’t get me crashsite, IF they’re banned with evidence, not lead by emotions – they should act like it and shut up. Wouldn’t have complained in any way then :)

An AC-Admin screaming FUCK YOU GET BANNED SOON is nothing that should happen. Arbitrariness.

I still have the demos of our playoffmatch, i could upload it and you’ll see how gubbins announced it a few times. Hope the demo can still be run.

I have said numerous times in this thread, I agree, admins should act well at all times, but I follow it up by saying it would be all people acting good all the time. Not just admins. Stop baiting, stop raging and stop replying. If everyone acts friendly, this is all a non-issue.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Ripple

didn’t do it, because i didn’t even know gubbins is AC-Admin by then. After the ban, which will not be deleted anyway (we’ll just wait till 2012) i didn’t feel like talking to an admin because it is useless.

Until you try. It is stupid to complain and yet do nothing, if you have evidence you should present it.

Ripple

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

I have said numerous times in this thread, I agree, admins should act well at all times, but I follow it up by saying it would be all people acting good all the time. Not just admins. Stop baiting, stop raging and stop replying. If everyone acts friendly, this is all a non-issue.

true thing, but if admins don’t behave correct – players won’t aswell. And the examples i gave here don’t make me think of them as good admins and since i love playing tf2 in etf2l, i complain about them.
I would even try to improve AC if i had a clue (well, they don’t have aswell) but i know that i’m not able to do something important like judging if someone is cheating or not. But at least i’d not ban someone who dominated me, i never ever called someone cheater, for me players who kill and dominate me, are better players. That’s the attitude an AC-Admin should have, so he can judge different cases neutral.

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Until you try. It is stupid to complain and yet do nothing, if you have evidence you should present it.

digging out the demos and testing them, hope they still work. if not some of you might be able to make them run.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Ripple

[…]

true thing, but if admins don’t behave correct – players won’t aswell. And the examples i gave here don’t make me think of them as good admins and since i love playing tf2 in etf2l, i complain about them.
I would even try to improve AC if i had a clue (well, they don’t have aswell) but i know that i’m not able to do something important like judging if someone is cheating or not. But at least i’d not ban someone who dominated me, i never ever called someone cheater, for me players who kill and dominate me, are better players. That’s the attitude an AC-Admin should have, so he can judge different cases neutral.

[…]

digging out the demos and testing them, hope they still work. if not some of you might be able to make them run.

it is true that people are not always independent, but I think most people have the sense not be be assholes, despite what others do around them.

And tbh we all have those moments of rage, I cried wallhacks, when it was probably a lucky det of stickies.

flushy

P.O.P

Just a suggestion: individual admins who are incapable of behaving in a mature, responsible fashion with the responsibility given to them are damaged goods and should be removed and their posts given to people who can handle it (p.s. there are plenty of those).

Yes it’s a gaming forum and there’s going to be some trolling but things certain individuals have said just makes ETF2L look silly.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Shouldn’t you be looking for a job CrashSite? :D

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

[…]

If konr would just stfu then nobody would bait him, the amount of bait he nommed on in the interview on vanilla is just hilarious.

That is bollocks and you know it.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from flushy

Just a suggestion: individual admins who are incapable of behaving in a mature, responsible fashion with the responsibility given to them are damaged goods and should be removed and their posts given to people who can handle it (p.s. there are plenty of those).

Yes it’s a gaming forum and there’s going to be some trolling but things certain individuals have said just makes ETF2L look silly.

Are there a lot of AC admins lining up?

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Hildreth

Shouldn’t you be looking for a job CrashSite? :D

It is hard, everywhere wants experience or has a fucking awful website.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 10 Next »