Forum

Rethink your moderation

Created 13th July 2011 @ 13:55

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 10 Next »

MEGAMIDDIE

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

IT IS NOT ONE FUCKING PERSON WHO CAN BAN SOMEONE, THERE HAVE TO BE PROOF AND IT IS THEN ACCESSED BY A TEAM OF AC ADMINS.

STOP SHITTING ON ONE PERSON.

Don’t be mean crashsite, it’s not nice to capslock people in the face

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from CrashSite

Please can people just empathize a bit. Admins are the single most hated upon part of the community, DESPITE the fact that they do the most.

So everyone insults them and critises them, a lot of the time without justification or proof AND THEN whines about the way they react.

It is a miracle that not more of them have left.

well crashsite its not against admins in general its just a thread about the behaviour of one of them. As konr is a representative of etf2l and the community it is more important to act more mature.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from smziii

[…]

well crashsite its not against admins in general its just a thread about the behaviour of one of them. As konr is a representative of etf2l and the community it is more important to act more mature.

Yes, we agree that he should have been calmer, ON THE OTHER FUCKING HAND, maybe people should stop baiting him.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

IT IS NOT ONE FUCKING PERSON WHO CAN BAN SOMEONE, THERE HAVE TO BE PROOF AND IT IS THEN ACCESSED BY A TEAM OF AC ADMINS.

Why do you think everyone thinks it’s one person? Because he’s the only person that runs around screaming and shouting about this shit. A few people have been banned that could be legit (Beavern + Quad), and my post also refers to Gubbins also, I had a player (GENY) who Gubbins then confronted me about (albeit he was dodgy) but he based that from just playing against him on MGE!

If konr would just stfu then nobody would bait him, the amount of bait he nommed on in the interview on vanilla is just hilarious.

And ban Crashsite for aggressive behaviour :C

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Yes, we agree that he should have been calmer, ON THE OTHER FUCKING HAND, maybe people should stop baiting him.

People are going to bait him, no matter what… theres no real rules to say you cant – however he should not catch onto it seeing as admins do represent ETF2L.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

[…]

Why do you think everyone thinks it’s one person? Because he’s the only person that runs around screaming and shouting about this shit. A few people have been banned that could be legit (Beavern + Quad), and my post also refers to Gubbins also, I had a player (GENY) who Gubbins then confronted me about (albeit he was dodgy) but he based that from just playing against him on MGE!

If konr would just stfu then nobody would bait him, the amount of bait he nommed on in the interview on vanilla is just hilarious.

And ban Crashsite for aggressive behaviour :C

“I’m actually concerned about one of my players meeting konr in a match because he’d rage ban them.”

Your quote.

Also an admin has the right to do random checks on anyone, if they don’t find proof they are not going to ban someone. It is not a whim they do it on, it is proof that is accessed by more than one person.]

Also bullshit, why should it be, don’t rage when baited and people will stop, it should be stop baiting and then no one will react.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from lolage

[…]

People are going to bait him, no matter what… theres no real rules to say you cant – however he should not catch onto it seeing as admins do represent ETF2L.

My point, those who complain about admins, think before you post and tell your teammates to do the same. Especially if you are the leader of your team. If everyone was better, then there would be no problem.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

“I’m actually concerned about one of my players meeting konr in a match because he’d rage ban them.”

Your quote.

Also an admin has the right to do random checks on anyone, if they don’t find proof they are not going to ban someone. It is not a whim they do it on, it is proof that is accessed by more than one person.

You have earned the achievement: Quotation marks!

I used one example, I also agreed with Ripples post about Gubbins, so there was no need to mention him as well. But Konr is more impressionable as shown by his indulging on bait.

Ripple

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Well, the AC-Team consists of Gubbins (rage), konr (rage) and bash (who is not raging that much, won’t say caring – best behaviour for an AC-Admin, acting without drama and shutting up, concentrating on his work.) which makes it 66,6% consisting of rage-ban. Don’t tell me about 1000 hidden AC-Admins, there are none.

I also think that i’d say “ban him” if konr and gubbins are shouting at me (LOOK AT TICK 2817 SO OBVIOUS, HE’S A HACK-F*CK) if i was the 33,3% non-rage-ban part

Quoted from lolage

[…]

haven’t seen people complaining about bash, he’s behaving correctly. Not showing his power LOL HAXOR I BAN to everyone.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

[…]

You have earned the achievement: Quotation marks!

I used one example, I also agreed with Ripples post about Gubbins, so there was no need to mention him as well. But Konr is more impressionable as shown by his indulging on bait.

That is false, if he responds to bait it does not necessary mean that he will be any more inclined to rage ban someone, EVEN IF HE COULD.

It doesn’t matter what you think about him personally, you have no idea about his ability as an admin. I personally disagree with him on a lot of thing, see his teams recruitment post, but I know nothing about his skills as an admin and I have faith that etf2l picked someone who is capable.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Ripple

[…]

Well, the AC-Team consists of Gubbins (rage), konr (rage) and bash (who is not raging that much, won’t say caring – best behaviour for an AC-Admin, acting without drama and shutting up, concentrating on his work.) which makes it 66,6% consisting of rage-ban. Don’t tell me about 1000 hidden AC-Admins, there are none.

???

That is speculation, without a any proof what so ever. There is always proof, there is are no-rage bans, as if there were and were demonstrable, then someone would msg another admin on #etf2l and get them removed.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Also, look at Bash, why do you think nobody rages on him? Because he keeps himself out of the way and out of the drama.

Bash doesn’t start raging when playing against others,
and he’s at the top there’d be a lot of new good players that would be causing stirs,
i.e TviQ, Norlla and anyone else on the div2/1 border, when someone is good and new
the shit hits the fan.

And hell, even Gubbins went from a bad player to a “good” scout in a few months, and he gets given cheats to look at, I WONDER WHAT’S GOING ON HERE?!

:D

And Crashsite, konr has experience in cheating on cp_orange_x, he talked about it in his blog.

Ripple

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

???

That is speculation, without a any proof what so ever. There is always proof, there is are no-rage bans, as if there were and were demonstrable, then someone would msg another admin on #etf2l and get them removed.

This is what it looks like. If a person sees gubbins and konr acting like a little kid, the first thing that came in my mind at least, was that they do their job as admin the way they behave. Led by emotions, not by evidence

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

Also, look at Bash, why do you think nobody rages on him? Because he keeps himself out of the way and out of the drama.

Bash doesn’t start raging when playing against others,
and he’s at the top there’d be a lot of new good players that would be causing stirs,
i.e TviQ, Norlla and anyone else on the div2/1 border, when someone is good and new
the shit hits the fan.

And hell, even Gubbins went from a bad player to a “good” scout in a few months, and he gets given cheats to look at, I WONDER WHAT’S GOING ON HERE?!

So you hvae jumped from admins rage to admins hack…

Also please read, I agree than Konr’s reactions was bad, but that does not detract for the fact that people need to stop baiting him.

Just saw edit, if it true:

was he testing it for AC purposes

is there proof

it should be investigated if the above are met.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Vince

I feel some of the admins don’t really know how to moderate a forum, at all. This is not about having stricter rules enforced for the forums, even though I would perfer that. This is just about the moderators being dicks to the people on the forum.

Look at this post by konr:
http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-17549/page-2/?recent=318108#post-318108

Or at this gem by Spike:
http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-16362/?recent=293603

I don’t really need to comment on that.

Also, something like TL.net has in the automated ban list would be nice to track forum bans.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=32696&currentpage=807

I think the 2nd one was actually Atrox? It looks like Atrox. :D

I am actually not a forum moderator myself as I want to help Highlander players (especially new TF2 players) and not have to deal with some of the longer serving regulars on ETF2L who should know better.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 10 Next »