Forum

Rethink your moderation

Created 13th July 2011 @ 13:55

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 10 Next »

Tehgnarr

is good!

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Rethink the moderation? How about the community rethinks itself first? Posts like konr’s, while bad, wouldn’t happen if people didn’t bring up the same old shit time and time again in the most retarded ways possible. That thread was entirely unnecessary, anybody with 2 braincells could figure out why he was subbed to that. While his reaction was over the top the topic shouldn’t even have existed in the first place.

With all the shit people keep posting here I find it hilarious how people whine about the admins instead of the guys who shitpost in the first place.

qft

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

What the fuck is wrong with people.

Either:

Everyone stop being a dick, admins or otherwise and we can have some good discussion and interesting posts

OR

You acknowledge that admins are people too and they will react when they are attacked, which is more than anyone else on the forums…

Fucking hell guys, what is wrong with you.

MEGAMIDDIE

Quoted from CrashSite

Perhaps you should ask yourself first D:

Septique

What do you expect when you have 14yo kids as admins

flushy

P.O.P

Quoted from CrashSite

You acknowledge that admins are people too and they will react when they are attacked, which is more than anyone else on the forums…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imqFvfbch6Q

jonii

fm-eSportstf2

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Rethink the moderation? How about the community rethinks itself first? Posts like konr’s, while bad, wouldn’t happen if people didn’t bring up the same old shit time and time again in the most retarded ways possible. That thread was entirely unnecessary, anybody with 2 braincells could figure out why he was subbed to that. While his reaction was over the top the topic shouldn’t even have existed in the first place.

With all the shit people keep posting here I find it hilarious how people whine about the admins instead of the guys who shitpost in the first place.

This.

people act like dicks and then QQ because admins act like it too :<

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Konr post’s and acts like a child, because he is one. What do people expect? If you’re going to troll a kid and then cry when he re-acts and threads get locked… no shit sherlock?

And seriously whats this about people should be behaving “professionally” ….. on a community volenteer run website? Sure they should have some professionalism if they want to come accross well and do a good job but they do this for free so cut them some slack.

If Konr is going to be punished for posting bollocks just like anyone else would then thats fine problem solved, i’m sure most of us that were on the internet and posted crap when we were 15 or whatever probably shouted shitcocks once and a while too.

The moderation is fine on this website, just stop being cunts to each other. Pubertys a tough place guys, but you’ll get through it don’t you worry.

Ripple

Quoted from Septique

What do you expect when you have 14yo kids as admins

14yo kids who can decide who gets banned or not, just wondered why cheaters like beavern or quad were still awesome at lan. Anyway, I think some of the admins are behaving like little kids, being immature and especially for AC-Admins it really makes me doubt every single decision they made so far.

Just had konr raging about everyone on a dm-server a few days ago, “gays” “LAWL NICE FLOOR SHOOTIN’ NOOB SOLDIER” and things like that. Gubbins is not better if it comes to that, no offense, but shouting at people that they hack, just because he got dominated one or two times is not a professional behaviour. This makes it look like: Little kid mad – Little kid got admin-power – Little kid ban better player from server. That exactly is what makes me doubt that any AC-Admin is actually a good one – decisions led by emotions, becuz evil boy meatshawt them twice in a row.

I’m not that much following the forums to judge on the forum-admins, but the AC-Admin-behaviour i described is not professional and i’ll never change my opinion about those random 2 nerd-ragers who are abusing (imo) their power and acting like little kids. I’ve heard that old AC-Admins quit (no names) because of those two guys. And i doubt it’s good for etf2l to keep them as AC-Admins, they will always find “cheaters” (who are just better players) and ban players with evidence (only 2 14yo have seen so far + another one who’s the age of konr+gubbins together) that is probably ridiculous.

This is just my opinion, wanted to post what i think – go troll me now :P

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from d2m

It’s really disappointing that people representing the league post things utterly childish and quite embarrassing for the rest of the Admin team.

Quoted from Mike

on top of being immature.

People in glass houses shouldn’t be throwing stones.

Quoted from CanFo

Do you have any other suggestions how to improve the forum moderation apart from a banlist?

Lock threads sparingly. Why the ETF2L vs ESL thread got locked is beyond me and it’s just one of many threads that gets locked for stupid reasons. Blatant flaming or spam, sure, but unless you plan on moderating a hell load more of the stupid shit that gets posted on ETF2L then you shouldn’t just cherrypick and lock threads when it suits you.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

i jsut posted konrs last statement , title “nice attitude”

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from Ripple

[…]

14yo kids who can decide who gets banned or not, just wondered why cheaters like beavern or quad were still awesome at lan. Anyway, I think some of the admins are behaving like little kids, being immature and especially for AC-Admins it really makes me doubt every single decision they made so far.

Just had konr raging about everyone on a dm-server a few days ago, “gays” “LAWL NICE FLOOR SHOOTIN’ NOOB SOLDIER” and things like that. Gubbins is not better if it comes to that, no offense, but shouting at people that they hack, just because he got dominated one or two times is not a professional behaviour. This makes it look like: Little kid mad – Little kid got admin-power – Little kid ban better player from server. That exactly is what makes me doubt that any AC-Admin is actually a good one – decisions led by emotions, becuz evil boy meatshawt them twice in a row.

I’m not that much following the forums to judge on the forum-admins, but the AC-Admin-behaviour i described is not professional and i’ll never change my opinion about those random 2 nerd-ragers who are abusing (imo) their power and acting like little kids. I’ve heard that old AC-Admins quit (no names) because of those two guys. And i doubt it’s good for etf2l to keep them as AC-Admins, they will always find “cheaters” (who are just better players) and ban players with evidence (only 2 14yo have seen so far + another one who’s the age of konr+gubbins together) that is probably ridiculous.

This.

I have no confidence in the AC team, I’m actually concerned about one of my players meeting konr in a match because he’d rage ban them.

I also refer to a quote made by konr (was on vanilla somewhere) “If someone is banned for cheating but is innocent, they should do what quad did, train and appear at LAN and become a top scout” which is completely wrong, the innocent player shouldn’t have been banned in the first place.

Will try to find the exact quote.

All the other admins are fine, CanFo is the best though.

/ontopic

Create a ban list, delete posts that are made to derail a thread (within reason) and stop konr from posting on forums/recruitment posts.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Please can people just empathize a bit. Admins are the single most hated upon part of the community, DESPITE the fact that they do the most.

So everyone insults them and critises them, a lot of the time without justification or proof AND THEN whines about the way they react.

It is a miracle that not more of them have left.

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

[…]

This.

I have no confidence in the AC team, I’m actually concerned about one of my players meeting konr in a match because he’d rage ban them.

I also refer to a quote made by konr (was on vanilla somewhere) “If someone is banned for cheating but is innocent, they should do what quad did, train and appear at LAN and become a top scout” which is completely wrong, the innocent player shouldn’t have been banned in the first place.

lol konr wasnt even involved in the banning of him. hahaha

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

[…]

This.

IT IS NOT ONE FUCKING PERSON WHO CAN BAN SOMEONE, THERE HAVE TO BE PROOF AND IT IS THEN ACCESSED BY A TEAM OF AC ADMINS.

STOP SHITTING ON ONE PERSON.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from Ripple

[…]

Little kid mad – little kid got admin power- little kid ban better player :D best quote

+1

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 10 Next »