Forum

ExtPlugin for TF2

Created 20th April 2013 @ 08:40

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

zen1th

PRXSM
LEGO

Based Casual. I mostly miss the cl_downloadfilter and name features, and also the accidental bug (feature?) of not having to watch people with fov 75 in pubs.

wai

TEZC
TEZC

cheers Casual! love your work <3

Houdini

Please Casual, don’t forget about transparent viewmodels <3

Last edited by Houdini,

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Like kids in a sweet shop.

Emphasis on kids.

Last edited by beach,

Muerte

elev8

Quoted from beach

Like kids in a sweet shop.

Emphasis on kids.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

This just seems a litttle bit too dodgy, I know it’s doing the same thing (even less in fact) but it seems more likely that it’ll end in a ban imo.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Sideshow

This just seems a litttle bit too dodgy, I know it’s doing the same thing (even less in fact)

I’m glad someone brings this up – let’s not forget the fact that this is equally dodgy as the previous method.

The only difference is that now people are starting to realise it..

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Sideshow

This just seems a litttle bit too dodgy, I know it’s doing the same thing (even less in fact) but it seems more likely that it’ll end in a ban imo.

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

I’m glad someone brings this up – let’s not forget the fact that this is equally dodgy as the previous method.

The only difference is that now people are starting to realise it..

I’m quite puzzled… Everyone seems to dislike the fact that OpenPlugin bypassed the -insecure check but loved all the features. Then Valve comes with an explicit statement (for the 2nd time) against the -insecure bypass (and nothing else).

Ok, so now there is no problem. And yet, it’s “even more dodgy” now?!

Yet some other people make straight up cheats but tell people it’s for “stv casting only” (and have planned a feature that prevents its usage everywhere else, it’s not even in there now because they fear someone may bypass the -insecure check) but people are cheering on those guys?

How’s that any different?

(obviously the problem is the fact I’m me and my history is influencing everyone’s judgement)

Last edited by Casual,

Miek

prfsnlgmr

Quoted from Casual

How’s that any different?

It uses Valve’s built in plugin system, without hacking around any checks that were put in to prevent its use on VAC-enabled servers.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Casual

Yet some other people make straight up cheats but tell people it’s for “stv casting only” (and have planned a feature that prevents its usage everywhere else, it’s not even in there now because they fear someone may bypass the -insecure check) but people are cheering on those guys?

The difference here is that the outline glowing plugin thingy was specifically designed for casting and not for playing. The moment someone uses that in an actual game it will be a cheat, obviously.

Whereas your `hack` was specifically aimed at in-game usage. You even state in the OP ‘use at your own risk’ – that alone sums it up pretty nicely.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

[…]

The difference here is that the outline glowing plugin thingy was specifically designed for casting and not for playing. The moment someone uses that in an actual game it will be a cheat, obviously.

True, but obviously that’s the whole point as I try to reflect some of the requests by the community (which Valve could in theory use to see if a feature is popular enough to do it themselves, in an ideal world where this would work).

Whereas your `hack` was specifically aimed at in-game usage. You even state in the OP ‘use at your own risk’ – that alone sums it up pretty nicely.

That’s just a standard disclaimer…

AnimaL

[…]

actually none of casting plugins allows joining in playble server, only in NON VAC or STV which are non vac… so idunno u mad?

making plugins isnt cheating…. bypassing -insecure is… none of casting plugins bypasses it

Last edited by AnimaL,

MEGAMIDDIE

Well done casual. I won’t be using this myself, but the speed in which you came out with this is commendable.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from AnimaL

so idunno u mad?

Ok.

AnimaL

[…]

Ok.

it was for casuals buthurt post, not you..

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »