Forum

ExtPlugin for TF2

Created 20th April 2013 @ 08:40

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »

Miek

prfsnlgmr

VAC does not run while playing back demos. It does not run while connected to an STV. It does not run on your main menu. No part of this program is running while you are connected to a server, so you should be fine in theory ;)

So just make it an unsigned plugin (that doesn’t bypass the protection), there’s no problem with doing that and people can’t accidentally join a VAC server and get banned.

Last edited by Miek,

unu

Quoted from Casual

Read that carefully: I’m not bypassing their plugin check at all! So this is technically within their own rules!
Can we also please keep the drama to the other thread?

Continued use of such plug-ins will risk your Steam account getting VAC banned

It clearly shows that regardless of how it functions they’ve made a stand.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from AnimaL

etf2l stance is that cheats are banned… this is a cheat as it allows overriding sv_cheats

My mistake: with sv_cheats 1 it only allows mat_picmip in [-1,4] range. Not much better for high quality which needs -3 or more.

Quoted from unu

[…]

Continued use of such plug-ins will risk your Steam account getting VAC banned

It clearly shows that regardless of how it functions they’ve made a stand.

– Disabled plug-ins that would allow users to connect to secure game servers even when -insecure is specified on the command line
– Continued use of such plug-ins will risk your Steam account getting VAC banned

Please, you’re dragging that quote completely out of its context. First they define which type of plug-ins they disabled. Namely the kind that allows users to connect to secure game servers even when -insecure is specified on the command line. Next they refer to this definition by “such plug-ins” (the ones that override -insecure, currently OpenPlugin is the only one that did this) when warning about potential VAC bans. None of this applies here.

Last edited by Casual,

AnAkkk

Quoted from maukkaaa

will esea client block this?

I’d guess they can detect it, their anticheat isn’t as shit as VAC. AFAIK you’re launching ESEA before the game, if it’s still the case, then it should see it running.

Last edited by AnAkkk,

AnimaL

ur wrong, with sv_cheats 0 you can have -1 to 2 which is normal allowed range and with sv_cheats 1 you can have -10 to 10? or basicly unlimited…

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from kna

You wouldn’t laugh at me if i would caught you lauching your shit in front of me. Believe me.

such a badass holy shit teach me your ways sensei

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from AnimaL

ur wrong, with sv_cheats 0 you can have -1 to 2 which is normal allowed range and with sv_cheats 1 you can have -10 to 10? or basicly unlimited…

] sv_cheats
“sv_cheats” = “0”
notify replicated
– Allow cheats on server
] mat_picmip
“mat_picmip” = “0” min. -1.000000 max. 4.000000
] sv_cheats 1
] mat_picmip -3
] mat_picmip
“mat_picmip” = “-1.000000” ( def. “0” ) min. -1.000000 max. 4.000000

Arcticcu

Any third-party modification to a game designed to give one player an advantage over another is classified as a cheat or hack

— This includes modifications to a game’s core executable files and dynamic link libraries.

Keep cheating guys. I seriously hope all of you get vac banned this time around.

Last edited by Arcticcu,

unu

Quoted from Arcticcu

[…]
Keep cheating guys. I seriously hope all of you get vac banned this time around.

“I’m not bypassing their plugin check at all! So this is technically within their own rules!”

111!!111!!1!

Quoted from unu

“I’m not bypassing their plugin check at all! So this is technically within their own rules!”

111!!111!!1!

Quoted from Arcticcu

Spy mains gonna hate <3 I love how you guys are the only ones who are against this plugin.

P.S.: Yes, I'm a spymain by myself but I'm actually for an increased fov because it doesn't fucking nerf the class. If they have 110° fov there is still an area of 250° where they can't see you.

Last edited by Solid,

unu

Quoted from Solid

[…]

[…]

Spy mains gonna hate <3 I love how you guys are the only ones who are against this plugin.

P.S.: Yes, I'm a spymain by myself but I'm actually for an increased fov because it doesn't fucking nerf the class. If they have 110° fov there is still an area of 250° where they can't see you.

As I’ve said before I have nothing against a higher FoV it’s just the way the EXTERNAL PROGRAM works to give an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE. Jesus Christ, why can’t people understand THAT is the issue?

Last edited by unu,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Arcticcu

[…]
[…]

Your personal definition of what is considered ‘an advantage’ (worthy of a VAC ban) != Valve’s and the community’s stance on it.

A strict interpretation would ban quite a lot more than you might think…

Look, we know you don’t like this and that’s fine. You’re not going to convince us, your best bet is to go to Valve and ask them to do something. Please stop derailing this thread with useless replies.

Last edited by Casual,

Arcticcu

Quoted from Casual

[…]

Your personal definition of what is considered ‘an advantage’ (worthy of a VAC ban) != Valve’s and the community’s stance on it.

A strict interpretation would ban quite a lot more than you might think…

Look, we know you don’t like this and that’s fine. You’re not going to convince us, your best bet is to go to Valve and ask them to do something. Please stop derailing this thread with useless replies.

Well, clearly valve somewhat agrees with me on this, and also, did you notice the part about modifying core executable files? ;)

Fine then, I won’t post here. At least I tried is all I can say.

Solid can go fuck himself :)

Quoted from Arcticcu

Solid can go fuck himself :)

He clearly mad

Frowny

TLG
peace

Quoted from Solid

[…]

He clearly mad

clyrly

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »