Forum

ExtPlugin for TF2

Created 20th April 2013 @ 08:40

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Bet you didn’t saw this coming. VERY VERY EARLY ALPHA!

Download: [removed]
Source: [removed]

Feature list is available by clicking the Source link above.

So, you ask, what’s so different this time around? The ‘plugin’ is now a standalone .exe. You run this on the main menu after you’ve launched TF2 (I’ll make it wait for TF2 to get launched later). No more being at the mercy of Valve’s inaction concerning plugin signing.

As usual: use at your own risk!

Last edited by Casual,

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

would there be a difference between -1 and -10?

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Starkie

would there be a difference between -1 and -10?

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=5028

Keep in mind that you better have lots of VRAM (2gb should do) trying out super high picmip settings.

maukkaaa

will esea client block this?

LaMqTa

fenneks

add the fov and i will love you forever

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from maukkaaa

will esea client block this?

No idea, go find someone willing to potentially sacrifice his/her account for it.

Quoted from LaMqTa

add the fov and i will love you forever

This approach is a lot harder to implement certain features, but I’m definitely looking at it.

Biohazard

IDK

This looks good, but don’t imagine players using this in matches. Video producers though…

Drem

fgt

Our savior has arrived.

AnimaL

Quoted from Biohazard

This looks good, but don’t imagine players using this in matches. Video producers though…

why would video producers use vac bannable .exe ? if you can just use sv_cheats when making videos?!

also kna has a point, this is clear cheat now, why is etf2l allowing this to be posted?!

Last edited by AnimaL,

kna

A .exe now …. A long time ago, in the galaxy of lans, every man who used to launch a .exe before playing would loose some theeth and is computer.

But times change.

unu

Continued use of such plug-ins will risk your Steam account getting VAC banned

They gave you a second chance. Now bring forth ze banhammer!

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]why would video producers use vac bannable .exe ? if you can just use sv_cheats when making videos?!

Some features (such as mat_picmip) can be done with sv_cheats, others (fov & the other features) cannot. VAC does not run while playing back demos. It does not run while connected to an STV. It does not run on your main menu. No part of this program is running while you are connected to a server, so you should be fine in theory ;)

also kna has a point, this is clear cheat now, why is etf2l allowing this to be posted?!

Etf2l’s stance is this: Use at your own risk. Valve only banned the way openplugin operated, they didn’t ban specific features. If you get a VAC ban = a year ban from etf2l. Simple as that.

Quoted from kna

A .exe now … A long time ago, in the galaxy of lans, every man who used to launch a .exe before playing would loose some theeth and is computer.

But times change.

Executables aren’t inherently evil. Feel free to check people’s home directory & desktop for ‘suspicious’ files on a LAN, I’m just going to laugh at you for your utter incompetence.

Quoted from unu

[…]

They gave you a second chance. Now bring forth ze banhammer!

Read that carefully: I’m not bypassing their plugin check at all! So this is technically within their own rules!
Can we also please keep the drama to the other thread?

Last edited by Casual,

AnimaL

etf2l stance is that cheats are banned… this is a cheat as it allows overriding sv_cheats

kna

You wouldn’t laugh at me if i would caught you lauching your shit in front of me. Believe me.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

‘but– boss! it’s fine! there isn’t room for mo–‘
MOOOOOORE DRAMA

Can’t care less about how this operates, as long as it lets me see again.

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »