Forum

ExtPlugin for TF2

Created 20th April 2013 @ 08:40

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]it was for casuals buthurt post, not you..

oh :D

Quoted from Casual

[…]
True, but obviously that’s the whole point as I try to reflect some of the requests by the community (which Valve could in theory use to see if a feature is popular enough to do it themselves, in an ideal world where this would work).

This is where you go wrong I think. It not not “obvious” at all that this is only a nudge at valve. And there are better ways to go about requesting features than breaking their code.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from AnimaL

so idunno u mad?

You seem to have been mad for as long as OpenPlugin has existed, while I’ve already made a new version. Why should I be mad?

making plugins isnt cheating…. bypassing -insecure is… none of casting plugins bypasses it

Neither is this?

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

This is where you go wrong I think. It not not “obvious” at all that this is only a nudge at valve. And there are better ways to go about requesting features than breaking their code.

Well that’s what started this whole thing, Valve’s inaction to do anything about our requests. We never got a ‘no we’re not doing that becase X’ so we took action into our own hands. I agree we’re walking a grey line, but nothing that’s (rightfully) outright banned.

dAGNER

duplo

Looks great
gj casual

doks

as soon as this has something more then picmip im on it!
good god casual you work fast

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

By “more dodgy” I meant that it seems more external so therefore for someone like me with no knowledge of the insides of this stuff, it seems like there would be a higher chance I’d get banned for using this.
The only reason I used openplugin and didn’t fear a VAC ban was because it’d been out for so long and nobody had been banned for it and they were all wishywashy on their position. At the moment whilst I have no problem with the exe itself, the risk of being banned for it is far outweighing the benefit of using it.

Snyyppis

RLM

Running another program on the background injecting things into tf2? Come on now, no matter if its only going to increase picmip options or provide more fov, surely none of you are that desperate? As if the old plugin wasn’t shady enough.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

It sounds like something Valve would have to specifically identify, decide was a cheat, and then add to their VACable list. There is nothing certain about any part of that. Maybe they’re good guys.

AnimaL

Quoted from fraac

It sounds like something Valve would have to specifically identify, decide was a cheat, and then add to their VACable list. There is nothing certain about any part of that. Maybe they’re good guys.

but thats how vac bans any cheater, its not exactly “i think this might be cheat” kind of thing

Last edited by AnimaL,

Bonus

“I am too bad to play with anything but 90+ fov. I will just use this plugin that breaks a part of the game because lol I am bad. I will also cry at hackers. Omg those haxors having unfair advantages over us ‘fair’ players.”
That’s exactly what I keep reading on these forums.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

uhh yeah. anyone using this should be banned, as shouldve been the case with openplugin aswell.

kalhó

MM
Nave

keep the “plugins” coming casual

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Snyyppis

Running another program on the background injecting things into tf2? Come on now, no matter if its only going to increase picmip options or provide more fov, surely none of you are that desperate? As if the old plugin wasn’t shady enough.

Nothing ‘runs’ in the background. This programs starts & closes in less than a second. The modifications made are exactly the same as openplugin (except that openplugin remains loaded while playing, this does not).

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]but thats how vac bans any cheater, its not exactly “i think this might be cheat” kind of thing

Are you sure? I don’t know, that’s why I’m asking. Does anyone know for sure whether they VAC you automatically for doing this or if they identify a particular cheat first?

maukkaaa

have you had any success implementing the Fov & viewmodel transparency features?

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from maukkaaa

have you had any success implementing the Fov & viewmodel transparency features?

Been working on cleaning up the code and building a small framework. I have ideas but they’ll take some more time.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »