Forum

ExtPlugin for TF2

Created 20th April 2013 @ 08:40

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

Bluee

Quoted from Casual

Yet some other people make straight up cheats but tell people it’s for “stv casting only” (and have planned a feature that prevents its usage everywhere else, it’s not even in there now because they fear someone may bypass the -insecure check) but people are cheering on those guys?

It would have been released from the start, but due to fear people would accidentally load it alongside OpenPlugin and get VAC banned it has been kept private. The in dev version now checks to make sure you are in STV or a demo, and people will now have to go out of their way to load it in secure mode (and get VAC’d). It isn’t released yet because I want some more actual features in and to reorganise the code, which is a mess.

Sorry for going off-topic, just wanted to clear that up. I don’t want to be at odds with you Casual; the public version of advspec will be based partially on OpenPlugin, and I have huge respect for your work on it, thanks for releasing it.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Bluee

[…]
It would have been released from the start, but due to fear people would accidentally load it alongside OpenPlugin and get VAC banned it has been kept private. The in dev version now checks to make sure you are in STV or a demo, and people will now have to go out of their way to load it in secure mode (and get VAC’d). It isn’t released yet because I want some more actual features in and to reorganise the code, which is a mess.

Sorry for going off-topic, just wanted to clear that up. I don’t want to be at odds with you Casual; the public version of advspec will be based partially on OpenPlugin, and I have huge respect for your work on it, thanks for releasing it.

Sorry for throwing you under the bus here :P

I think it’s awesome that AnAkIn and I were able to inspire others, keep up the good work!

Bonus

I like how plugins that are now against the VAC rules are allowed on ETF2L forums.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Bonus

I like how plugins that are now against the VAC rules are allowed on ETF2L forums.

1. Please look up the definition of ‘VAC rules’ (and how Valve’s recent change logs have changed anything about it)
2. Please be aware that this version does not violate Valve’s notes in the change log at all.
3. You know fraps, mumble overlay, steam overlay, heck, any other overlay work? They don’t use Valve’s plugin interface, they just force the game to load their .dlls. So please don’t use that as an argument as to why it is ‘obviously’ not allowed.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

I also released an update which cleans up the code a lot and adds 2 features:

* viewmodel_fov_demo is unlocked
* execute commands in the context of the game (pointless for you guys, but people with idle farms may find it useful)

Fov and others will come later.

Last edited by Casual,

Tetrix

catgirl.tf

I love you <3

Fallen

TC

Quoted from Casual

[…]

1. Please look up the definition of ‘VAC rules’ (and how Valve’s recent change logs have changed anything about it)
2. Please be aware that this version does not violate Valve’s notes in the change log at all.
3. You know fraps, mumble overlay, steam overlay, heck, any other overlay work? They don’t use Valve’s plugin interface, they just force the game to load their .dlls. So please don’t use that as an argument as to why it is ‘obviously’ not allowed.

“The VAC system reliably detects cheats using their cheat signatures. Any third-party modification to a game designed to give one player an advantage over another is classified as a cheat or hack and will trigger a VAC ban. This includes modifications to a game’s core executable files and dynamic link libraries.”

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7849-Radz-6869

So are you saying, that your ‘plugin’ is not a 3rd party modification to the game, designed to give a player an advantage over another?

Last edited by Fallen,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Fallen

[…]

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7849-Radz-6869

So are you saying, that your ‘plugin’ is not a 3rd party modification to the game, designed to give a player an advantage over another?

Not any more than the old OpenPlugin was. We already had a whole discussion about that.

AnimaL

Quoted from Casual

[…]

Not any more than the old OpenPlugin was. We already had a whole discussion about that.

but old plugin was a hack that gave unfair advantage… so going by ur logic this is too

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]but old plugin was a hack that gave unfair advantage… so going by ur logic this is too

Indeed, if you think OpenPlugin is a cheat then you’ll find this one is a ‘cheat’ as well. Except that your opinion is irrelevant. While the plugin is clearly in a grey area the final decision lies with Valve.

Etf2l has chosen to stand with Valve’s decision. You get VAC banned, you get a 1 year ban equivalent of cheating.

Last edited by Casual,

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from Casual

[…]

Nothing ‘runs’ in the background. This programs starts & closes in less than a second. The modifications made are exactly the same as openplugin (except that openplugin remains loaded while playing, this does not).

Oh but it does run when the game is loaded, modifying game files. The fact that it doesn’t stay open doesn’t suddenly make it okay to run a hack.exe…

Bonus

Quoted from Casual

[…]
Indeed, if you think OpenPlugin is a cheat then you’ll find this one is a ‘cheat’ as well. Except that your opinion is irrelevant. While the plugin is clearly in a grey area the final decision lies with Valve.

Etf2l has chosen to stand with Valve’s decision. You get VAC banned, you get a 1 year ban equivalent of cheating.

Are you stupid or just trying too hard to bend the rules?

You are just putting together something that was already banned. But this time you don’t take the blocked road, you go around it. For the same freaking result. And you claim “Lol not same thing bro” and then in the next post “Lol yeah is same thing duh”.

Last edited by Bonus,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Bonus

[…]

Are you stupid or just trying too hard to bend the rules?

You are just putting together something that was already banned. But this time you don’t take the blocked road, you go around it. For the same freaking result. And you claim “Lol not same thing bro” and then in the next post “Lol yeah is same thing duh”.

OpenPlugin has never been banned by Valve. All they cared about was the -insecure bypass*. Etf2l has clearly stated their stance (which I think is reasonable).

I agree this is a grey area, yet Valve is trying very hard to keep it that way.

*Valve has gone out of their way to avoid saying ANYTHING about its features, the only thing they kept hammering on about is how bypassing -insecure is not something they want. No mention of openplugin, no mention of its features, nothing. That’s the whole fucking problem! Valve is keeping silent about an issue the community has been talking about since TF2 was launched!!! So we took matters into our own hands.

laerin

-9w-

I don’t think the method is really that important. If PREC had to be used in this way, I don’t think many people would be completely against it. PREC and Openplugin are pretty similar in the fact they allow you to do things you already could do but more conveniently. Unrestricted picmip and cl_downloadfilter are things you couldn’t do but they don’t give you any benefit over other players. Didn’t people use TFTrue originally to modify the game with features valve hadn’t allowed? Of course, the difference, valve ended up including those features anyway.

If you don’t want to use it yourself, that’s fine, but I don’t see why you’d be so upset about it when its existence doesn’t affect you in any way. And most of the people crying about it seem to want us to get VAC banned, so isn’t it a bit counter productive when you keep trying to convince us to stop using it?

Last edited by laerin,

Aladin

Frajer
cs

Everything would be better if Valve would have just given us a clear statement on how they see it. We can argue all we want, but it’s still irrelevant until Valve does something. Which they should.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »