Forum

Spy disguise abuse

Created 10th March 2013 @ 16:49

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Earlier I was watching some youtube (a HL lobby from spy pov) and the first thing he does is disguise as an enemy medic. Because it shows the weapon of the person you’re disguised as you can use this to detect the medigun the enemy medic is carrying!

1. Disguise as enemy medic
2. Hold out sapper, redisguise
3. Read out enemy medigun

No idea how common this knowledge is or if it’s worth the time to check, it blew my mind though.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

used by pretty much every spy in 9v9 :D

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Muuki

used by pretty much every spy in 9v9 :D

Yeah but I don’t play 9v9, wondering about its viability in 6v6 though.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Has been used for ages. You can also check for offclass respawns to a certain degree.

MEGAMIDDIE

pretty sure this is common knowledge in highlander at least, less so in 6v6 but its still known to the point where some medics have changed their mediguns to be named the same thing.

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Quoted from Casual

Yeah but I don’t play 9v9, wondering about its viability in 6v6 though.

almost every 6v6 team does it

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

Yeah, common knowledge in hl. Dunno about 6v6.
I actually told this piece of information in the PC Gamer interview with Beef and ALX year ago.

Setlet

this is why I have kritz and medigun both named “Hello Spy :)”

quintosh

wL.

guess what you can also rename the mediguns

guess what if names are different you can check the med’s backpack beforehand

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from Setlet

this is why I have kritz and medigun both named “Hello Spy :)”

As a main Spy: Screw you! Still, it is actually quite amiable :)

atmo

What you do is disguise as Medic, take out your secondary, then run into the fray saying “I am fully charged”. If a demoman approaches you, they have kritz; if a soldier approaches you, they have uber. Then you die.

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

Quoted from Casual

Earlier I was watching some youtube (a HL lobby from spy pov) and the first thing he does is disguise as an enemy medic. Because it shows the weapon of the person you’re disguised as you can use this to detect the medigun the enemy medic is carrying!

1. Disguise as enemy medic
2. Hold out sapper, redisguise
3. Read out enemy medigun

No idea how common this knowledge is or if it’s worth the time to check, it blew my mind though.

Actually on 2. you hold out sapper, press SPY:last disguise and then you read out enemy medigun.

Last edited by SabaSaba,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Ritalin

[…]

almost every 6v6 team does it

I’ve seen quite a few casts and played quite a few games and I can say I’ve never seen it done, ever.

Quoted from SabaSaba

[…]

Actually on 2. you hold out sapper, press SPY:last disguise and then you read out enemy medigun.

That’s what I meant, I always called it the redisguise button whose command is called ‘lastdisguise’.

Quoted from atmo

What you do is disguise as Medic, take out your secondary, then run into the fray saying “I am fully charged”. If a demoman approaches you, they have kritz; if a soldier approaches you, they have uber. Then you die.

Prem Spy Strats.

private_meta

STDs

In my 6v6 Team I try to call this out as soon as there are opportunities to do it, or I think we have time to actually do this. Sometimes time is of the essence and I don’t find time to switch and check, but I try to at least :)

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Have done this is in 6v6 and 9v9.

Very old ‘strat’, somewhat ruined by naming weapons.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »