Spy disguise abuse

Created 10th March 2013 @ 16:49

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from Ritalin

[…]

almost every 6v6 team does it

Only person I’ve ever seen do it regularly is Dennia from 4ever, div 3 Swedish team. Next level gamer?

Enef

fest
#wubafan

This is pretty well known and used in 6v6, i used to have a scout who did it at the start of every round ao we knew what they had at mid

unu

For 6’s:

add to autoexec:

alias quickspy quickspy1
alias quickspy1 “join_class spy; alias quickspy quickspy2”
alias quickspy2 “disguise 5 -1; slot2; alias quickspy quickspy3”
alias quickspy3 “lastdisguise; alias quickspy quickspy4”
alias quickspy4 “changeback; alias quickspy quickspy1”
bind *key* quickspy

Obviously pick a key for it.
In scout.cfg add:

alias changeback “join_class scout”
alias quickspy quickspy1

You’ll be almost as fast to mid as the other scout

Props to OndKaja for showing me the script

Last edited by unu,

IPZIE

SUAVE

we are using it as often as we can, its more an USE than an abuse

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from IPZIE

we are using it as often as we can, its more an USE than an abuse

I used the word ‘abuse’ in the same sense you call unlock using “unlock abuse”.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

I think abuse is the right term tbh, let’s be honest, Valve wouldn’t have wanted opponents to be able to check what medi gun they are using, kritz after all, is about surprise.

There’s nothing can be done to stop it however, except asking valve for an update that makes disguising as medic impossible for the first 15 seconds of a map or something…

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from unu

For 6’s:

add to autoexec:

alias quickspy quickspy1
alias quickspy1 “join_class spy; alias quickspy quickspy2”
alias quickspy2 “disguise 5 -1; slot2; alias quickspy quickspy3”
alias quickspy3 “lastdisguise; alias quickspy quickspy4”
alias quickspy4 “changeback; alias quickspy quickspy1”
bind *key* quickspy

Obviously pick a key for it.
In scout.cfg add:

alias changeback “join_class scout”
alias quickspy quickspy1

You’ll be almost as fast to mid as the other scout

Props to OndKaja for showing me the script

It was never my intention to make that script go public (well, it IS embarrassingly badly written), and I only shared it with around six people or so. But hey, it has been one year since I wrote it so I guess it’s bound to leak sooner or later.

Throughout div 6 and div 4, I shared this with the scouts on my team, who would be very dedicated in checking the opponent’s medic in the start of every round (especially Dennia). And you would be done checking after the end of freezetime, so the only downside was that you might get a slightly worse spawn.

Before our officials, I would be so keen as to check the opponent medic’s backpack to see what he had named his medigun and kritzkrieg. That’s probably the reason my team won division 4 (not really). Our medic had nametagged his medigun and kritzkrieg so their names were exactly the same; the only way to reliably counter the spy checking what medigun you’re using.

Also, the full script: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18724316/qspy.txt (Swedish)

Last edited by ondkaja,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

It was never my intention to make that script go public (well, it IS embarrassingly badly written), and I only shared it with around six people or so. But hey, it has been one year since I wrote it so I guess it’s bound to leak sooner or later.

Please, it’s the idea of using spy disguises to check that’s important, creating a script to make it easy is child’s play. There isn’t much credit to be taken for this.

Last edited by Casual,

Limp.

EPA

Pretty sure its says this even on the “pro tips” while loading maps screen

atmo

It’s not that useful at middles to be honest, unless your medic wants to base his medigun pick on theirs. At least one of your classes is highly likely to encounter their medic within the first 30 seconds of the round. And if they don’t due to passive positioning – hey, it might be kritz.

Last edited by atmo,

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Casual

[…]

Please, it’s the idea of using spy disguises to check that’s important, creating a script to make it easy is child’s play. There isn’t much credit to be taken for this.

When I re-read my post I kinda sound like I wanted to take credit. But no, the reason why I wanted it to be a secret is because it gave my team an advantage. Once a script like this becomes well-known you will see more people using it. Now that this script is public you’ll see a lot more teams going to use this to check the enemy’s uber.

And yes, this was known ages before I made this script. But very few teams actually bothered to check the enemy’s medigun at the start of every round, even if they knew the basic idea of it. That gave us an advantage and is why I didn’t want to make this script public.

The sniper script that removed the scope’s borders comes to mind. It had existed for years, but once the actual script was made public, you saw a lot more snipers using that script.

Sheepsi

SOAS

thats like the oldest trick in the book.
well i do it sometimes.. cool shit..
but thats not an abuse.. its not a bug or something..

theres also a script than when you press a key it lets you know after 60 secs from the time you pressed that key, so you can know about when the other team have uber..

its not an abuse, just using some of the game option.

Leif

In b4 every medic now renames their mediguns.

Godof

Quoted from Sheepsi

thats like the oldest trick in the book.
well i do it sometimes.. cool shit..
but thats not an abuse.. its not a bug or something..

theres also a script than when you press a key it lets you know after 60 secs from the time you pressed that key, so you can know about when the other team have uber..

its not an abuse, just using some of the game option.

nobody uses it,this is really shitty :P
also 40 secs

AnimaL

fuck spies, both of my guns are mediguns :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »