Forum

[Scout] How to improve your aim?

Created 14th June 2012 @ 23:11

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

Rin

Quoted from Spike Himself

the beautiful thing about muscle memory is that it comes naturally and you don’t really have to do anything to “practise” it; if your muscle memory sucks go see a sports doctor thingy i guess.
all i know is that it’s probably important to keep your blood flowing properly (so dont rest your wrist on the edge of your desk, for instance).. i suppose arm/wrist excercises may help
at any rate, your muscles “remembering” how much force to put into a movement to reach a specific goal is part of being human and that’s really all there is to it

This really, which is why I always found myself adapting better to putting my sensitivity up then back down, as it feels easier to transition into something I need to use more force with than less.

envy

If you play MGE, don’t spam shots, try to put them carefully.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Coco

tr_walkway with host_timescale on like 1.5, helps surprisingly well tbh :D

Make sure to have then jump, strafe and walk backwards and forwards too.

Sketch

MM

not being a fat bastard helps a lot.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from envy

If you play MGE, don’t spam shots, try to put them carefully.

I’m mostly concerned about dueling scouts nowadays, especially considering a lot of them just spam A and D alternately. Slowing down doesn’t help a lot against them.

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

what spike said.

me coming back for this awesome tf2 HL thing, back in practice. Not even div 6 aimwise.

30 mins later im as good as my spying again, so definitly div 1 again.

;D

envy

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
I’m mostly concerned about dueling scouts nowadays, especially considering a lot of them just spam A and D alternately. Slowing down doesn’t help a lot against them.

It’s not a viable tactic to fight them in actual games or get points on MGE (more like to lose them), but to improve your aim. But I felt after like my twitching shots were much more sensible and clear without that 8 damage bullshit.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from envy

[…]
It’s not a viable tactic to fight them in actual games or get points on MGE (more like to lose them), but to improve your aim. But I felt after like my twitching shots were much more sensible and clear without that 8 damage bullshit.

I’m having this really bad case of panicing whenever I’m fighting against a scout moving so ridiculously randomly, mashing A and D, like my hand is shaking and I cannot focus at all. I’d say MGE ain’t good for anything for me here, and so isn’t slowing down.

Tafka

play warsow instagib =)
http://www.warsow.net/

Last edited by Tafka,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozID2op5C-U

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

point and click easiest class in the game

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

I’m yet to see the correlation between practising aiming in a different game. It’s pointless, since movement and speed are completely different in warsow, and the general range of the shots is way different since there’s no advantage to being close up with your target. Just play dm, and if you want to try something not so orthodox, use a muscle memory map in css or tf2 to train muscle memory. But apart from that, practising aim is just practising the game.

On a related note, spending a lot of time practising your aim has fairly insignificant results. Quoting Jh, it’s better to just make easy situations for yourself. Also don’t try to duel people, for instance at mid fights, just go for easy meatshots in the enemies side/back and run away quickly. Don’t chase for kill, just deal the damage. If you can do that consistently, your team will get the health advantage quickly with far less risk of yourself dying. In granary especially you just can’t die as a scout on middle, cause if you do then it’s 100% certain that the enemy will get some kind of defense on second, even if you do win middle.

Addendum: what the muscle memory map does is that it makes your muscle memory more precise over a certain movement range, which is around 40 degrees I’d say. It shouldn’t have a massive impact, but I’ve found it helpful in certain situations, especially sniper twitches, when you need to do a quick twitch with extremely high precision. Though, a sniper is still better off just waiting for an easy shot and not going for the insane omgtwichhax shots.

Last edited by Rake,

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from Rake

Addendum: what the muscle mtremely high precision. Though, a sniper is still better off just waiting for an easy shot and not going for the insane omgtwichhax shots.

pftttt does that count for me too? or can i do that omgtwichhax shot?

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Quoted from Rake

spending a lot of time practicing your aim has fairly insignificant results.

Wrong

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from sheepy dog's hand

[…]

Wrong

Some nice points you bring up there. Impressively well backed up with solid arguments. Would read again 10/10.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »