Forum

Wrong default date, Illigal Wildcard and some other wierd stuff!

Created 30th November 2009 @ 19:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

vlad_drac

xoxo

You can’t expect admins to create more time for you to play your matches in. You said above that you can’t play “tuesday, wednesday, thursday”.

It’s the last week, you have 3 games to play? Have i understood that correctly? That is your own fault. And now you complain that you can’t play on the majority of the gaming week – 3 out of 5 days?

If you delay playing your games then you obviously must make time for those games later on. If you need to make time for games you missed, you can’t go around naming 3 out of 5 days that you CANNOT play on.

If i told a team we couldn’t play tuesday, and a team told me “Well we can’t play monday, wednesday, or thursday and we’re playing one this sunday.” I’d probably go and get an admin to fix the date at a random day as well.

Last edited by vlad_drac,

Spary

can’t you just play the game on friday/saturday?

Azured

eureka

In my opinon the default day has to be set in stone and should not be able to be moved for any reason, have a default match day set in stone from the start of next season and if its impossible to play on that day or find a day during the week, then have the admin’s look at the case while being in dialoge with both teams.. or just default it to the team on the server, like every other league would.

The problem about a set default date is that if one team says they can’t play sunday (let’s say sunday is the default date), then the other team just says that they can’t play any other day than sunday (or just don’t respond at all). That way, when the match stays unscheduled, the default date arrives, and one team gets an easy default win.

On the other hand, a flexible default date only solves the problem of teams not bothering to schedule. If there’s genuine problems in finding a date both can agree to, the admins have to step in and choose a date, wich will favor one team over the other, thus making the admins appear biased, and in conflict with their status as neutral arbiters.

Lzrd

Lutunen
OS!

Yes but logix have stated they cant play sunday, You havnt stated which days you can/cant play on the match thread, it your own fault.

This is a pretty thin line of argument, and Tapley’s attitude on the matter seems pretty appauling and inexcusable aswell.

It’d be pretty inconvenient for everyone if you had to – without prompting – list every single day you cannot play on for every match the entire season, and getting screwed over something like this without being consulted on the matter, especially if the root cause is the opponent not being responsive about arranging a proper date.

What the hell kind of a reason is “because of lags” anyway? Is there a lagstorm predicted for Sunday 6th? Should we all strap up our bits so they don’t get blown away? Is global warming the cause of all this aswell?!

Hellfish

Yes but logix have stated they cant play sunday, You havnt stated which days you can/cant play on the match thread, it your own fault.

This is a pretty thin line of argument, and Tapley’s attitude on the matter seems pretty appauling and inexcusable aswell.

It’d be pretty inconvenient for everyone if you had to – without prompting – list every single day you cannot play on for every match the entire season, and getting screwed over something like this without being consulted on the matter, especially if the root cause is the opponent not being responsive about arranging a proper date.

What the hell kind of a reason is “because of lags” anyway? Is there a lagstorm predicted for Sunday 6th? Should we all strap up our bits so they don’t get blown away? Is global warming the cause of all this aswell?!

+1
logix isnt saying that they cant play on sunday,
they just say that they want to use their wildcard and that they can play on wednesday or thursday. they dont say that they cant play on sunday!

Last edited by Hellfish,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

My arguement is well rounded and intelligent.

It’d be pretty inconvenient for everyone if you had to – without prompting – list every single day you cannot play on for every match the entire season

Can you not read correctly? They are choosing a game day just for this week not the whole season you ingrate. Im sure they could have easily put down which days they could or couldnt play after reading what the other team have said. They havn’t and therefore have not come to an agreement, so the admins did the best they could in the situation and picked a day no one had ruled out.

And they arn’t being “screwed over” you can easily change what day the game is played on its just the admins have put a default date down so clones actually *HAVE* to pull their fingers out and pick a date or agree a date. Both teams are at fault, but clones whine more.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Lzrd

Lutunen
OS!

Can you not read correctly? They are choosing a game day just for this week not the whole season you ingrate.

Why would you assume something from this week and not from all the others? Especially since it’s the last week, and there’s already 8 weeks of not having such expectations behind them.

And yes they are being screwed over. Quoth the original post!

After a full week of trying to get a hold of Logix they write a msg on the match tread saying they wish to wildcard the default date because they cant play.

What more are they expected to do? How difficult is it for the admin to consult both teams if a date is fine before deciding that they probably have no lives anyway and roll a die for which day of the week to throw the game down to?

What you’re saying is “shut up and take it up the ass from the admins without question” (an activity you’re very familiar with, I presume), hardly intelligent or well rounded.

http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-7786/?recent=125272

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Can you not read correctly? They are choosing a game day just for this week not the whole season you ingrate.

Why would you assume something from this week and not from all the others? Especially since it’s the last week, and there’s already 8 weeks of not having such expectations behind them.

And yes they are being screwed over. Quoth the original post!

After a full week of trying to get a hold of Logix they write a msg on the match tread saying they wish to wildcard the default date because they cant play.

What more are they expected to do? How difficult is it for the admin to consult both teams if a date is fine before deciding that they probably have no lives anyway and roll a die for which day of the week to throw the game down to?

What you’re saying is “shut up and take it up the ass from the admins without question” (an activity you’re very familiar with, I presume), hardly intelligent or well rounded.

Check the match thread, logix were the first team to actually post somthing of note. And yes it is actually difficult for an admin to get hold of both teams, i mean if they cant get a hold of one another why should the admin waste their free time trying to make them both post??
This league has 300 somthing teams they do what they can with what little info is put in the match thread, if clones dont wish to insert when they’ve tried to contact the other team thats their fault.
And their not getting screwed over, how do you not understand that? A default date is given to kick these teams up the arse and to get a mutual date arranged, its not a date set in stone? jeez….

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Lzrd

Lutunen
OS!

I’d like to re-empathise the bolded part of the second quote of my previous post, and that quote in general.

Dybdal

clone

Slick, we only schdualed one match to this week but one match was wildcarded and then this match tomorrow.

So its a case of circumstances, its just unfortunet and we have raged out on it and accepted the fact that we have to play it.

But i just hope something change within the system to next year, as i do believe the current system is flawed when a team can report a rejection of a date 1 hour and 14 minutes before the deadline, giving us little to no time to actualy get a hold of everyone and ask what dates they can play.

In anycase, i chose to bring this up as a specifik example.. it might not be the best but i do believe that there is something fundementaly wrong with the current schedueling system.

Last edited by Dybdal,

RUJa

STD

Kinda OT: Do admins look at match comments prior to setting a default date?

One admin on IRC said to me that if you write something like “We can play X date at Y time” in comment, the default will then be that time and date if no schedule or additional comments has been made.

However, one other admin said “games without date get automatically default” and that “we are not going to check all matches comments etc”.

Which is correct?

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Kinda OT: Do admins look at match comments prior to setting a default date?

Match comments are definitely looked at before default dates are set. I personally went through every match page, and every team’s outstanding league fixtures, to ensure (to the best of my ability) no clashes were made in Week 9.

If Team A is actively trying to get the match arranged, and their opponents (Team B) do not respond at all, or appear to make it difficult to arrange the game, then a match can be arranged on a date suggested by Team A – assuming it is free on each team’s ETF2L schedule.

I can also add, that we do try to be considerate to timezones as well as far as we possibly can. Although, the league’s “default” match time is 21:00cet, so teams entering the league are expected to be available at or very near to this time.

Personally, when I try to arrange a match – I write a few dates on the page at the start of the match week, add a few guys to Steam and try and go from there. Unfortunately there are a number of teams that don’t reply/view the match page, and then a default date is likely to be awarded in favour of a date I have suggested – because I’ve clearly made an effort.

RUJa

STD

D2M, okey, thanks for reply! I do believe you what you just said, but it doesn’t really apply to my clan’s Week 9 match: http://etf2l.org/matches/14541/ :P We suggested 4th Dec and got 6th :( I used !admin on IRC though and got it changed so no harm done ;)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3