Forum

Wrong default date, Illigal Wildcard and some other wierd stuff!

Created 30th November 2009 @ 19:43

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Dybdal

clone

Hey everyone.

My team “Clones-Inc” are in quite the wierd predicament here today and we decided to take this up on the forum as we are think we have been unfairly treated.

The problem is regarding our match against Logix in division 4D.

The original default date for the match against Logix would have been Sunday December 6th, and we try our best to talk to Logix and propose a date for our game.. our suggestion was the default day (december 6th).

After a full week of trying to get a hold of Logix they write a msg on the match tread saying they wish to wildcard the default date because they cant play.

We are informed by Daykiller that Logix cannot wildcard the date, since we are in the last week of competition and Wildcards cannot be used within the last play week. Daykiller informs us that worst case scenario is that we wait until sunday and get a default win if they cannot play that day.

But then something wierd happens today, when we log on and tjeck our match thread the Admin staff has proposed a new default day of Wed. Decmeber 2nd.

For us this day just dosnt work at all, first of all if we had to play at this date, we would have 3 officials in a row, giving us little to no time to actualy prepare for our matches and since every single one is importent for our possible relegation to division3 next year, we hardly think this is a fair treatment and we have been informed by Snowie that he will not do anything about the default date at all.

Besides this, one of our players has allready planned to attend a birthday and come home around 9 (when the match is supposed to be played) so we could get 2 maps of practices in before our Official the next day.

So if we are supposed to play on that date, we will most likely have to use a merc (witch Logix can deny, if they so please)

Secondly we proposed a date to Logix sunday witch they didnt respond to except for their (according to Daykiller) illigal wildcard, so we can hardly see how this is fair treatment to us when we were the ones who were activly trying to get the match played. Secondly i cannot see how its fair that the admins set a default date that forces us to play 3 officials in a row, instead of setting a different day giving us a day to get some practice in so we can prepare.

In our oppinon the original default date of December 6th should be inforced as we were the ones trying to get the match planned out, Logix used (or tryed to) an illigal wildcard because they cannot play that day, forcing us to play a date we cannot.

I hope some resolve to this matter is possible.

// Dybdal
Team Clones-Inc

Last edited by Dybdal,

jgmaster

BM

!admin @ irc?

LTK

WR_AWESOME

nvm… asked someboby of clones to schedule and he said, that he has to ask the team fpr this date

btw nobody tryed to inform us

Last edited by LTK,

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

Ohh, thanks for making the text “not glowing” like before, my eyes are bleeding ;)

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

As I said on IRC, last night Logix rejected your proposed date of Sunday. This meant that both teams had not agreed on a date when the scheduling deadline was reached last night. So this morning, an admin looked at the page, looked at your schedules, and picked a date when you were both free to set as the default date. Logix had rejected sunday so presumably they did this because they were not available to play on sunday. You had games on other days this week, and we don’t set default dates for friday or saturday, so the date was set for Wednesday.

Also, as I said, you are welcome to change the date providing both teams agree.

The wildcard issue is irrelevant as Logix did not use a wildcard, they simply refused to accept your proposed date, meaning there was no date decided for the game.

vlad_drac

xoxo

!admin @ irc?

He said he spoke to 2 admins already, forum is the next step i think. Sometimes one to one just doesn’t pan out for you :)

Last edited by vlad_drac,

KillaloT

eureka

As I said on IRC, last night Logix rejected your proposed date of Sunday. This meant that both teams had not agreed on a date when the scheduling deadline was reached last night. So this morning, an admin looked at the page, looked at your schedules, and picked a date when you were both free to set as the default date. Logix had rejected sunday so presumably they did this because they were not available to play on sunday. You had games on other days this week, and we don’t set default dates for friday or saturday, so the date was set for Wednesday.

The wildcard issue is irrelevant as Logix did not use a wildcard, they simply refused to accept your proposed date, meaning there was no date decided for the game.

So why do you pick the date that we can’t play on? The official default date is sunday, not wednesday. It makes no sense that you force an unofficial default date in favor of Logix, as this date is not the official default date.

We can’t really play wednesday, so it makes no sense to force the default date this day instead?

Last edited by KillaloT,

Dybdal

clone

Snowie, the point is that Logix had the option to say no to Sunday because they cant.. yet because Logix hasnt done anything at all to contact us or do anything to set a date for the match, we have had no chance to say no to your default day.

You dont see any problems with this?

Dybdal

clone

!admin @ irc?

He said he spoke to 2 admins already, forum is the next step i think. Sometimes one to one just doesn’t pan out for you :)

This isnt something we would post if we didnt feel it was importent for others than our self. We simply cannot believe this is how the default day system should work so within this perticular case and it dosnt help that the head admin of etf2l says something completly different than Snowie did.

Writh

clone
DANMARK

nvm… asked someboby of clones to schedule and he said, that he has to ask the team fpr this date

Of course I have to ask my team if all can play. You had like all week to contact us, before letting it go default…

LTK

WR_AWESOME

you has a week too, but that should not be the problem. yesterday a mate told, that is ist block next sunday to wednesda, so i declined the date of sunday, but see match comment. i dont like the way, the default date is set, too.

Dybdal

clone

The whole issue of this is the current system of admin chosen default dates LTX, the default day was Sunday the 6th so we plan our week acordingly or try to reach a date with the other team to get a day we can work with.

It cannot be true that you only get a 2 day warning about a offical match, in any other league you would never see anything like this happening.

LTK

WR_AWESOME

right, the system is kind of fail! 2 days are little short. we should discuss that in other etf2l forums.

Last edited by LTK,

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

So why do you pick the date that we can’t play on? The official default date is sunday, not wednesday. It makes no sense that you force an unofficial default date in favor of Logix, as this date is not the official default date.

We can’t really play wednesday, so it makes no sense to force the default date this day instead?

If you had said on the match comments that you could definitely not play wednesday, then you would not be playing on wednesday (although in this particular case I’m not sure when you’d end up playing, see points below). As it was, you were just confirming with your team that you could play on wednesday, and your opponents had already said they could play on wednesday, so it was the best option.

Snowie, the point is that Logix had the option to say no to Sunday because they cant.. yet because Logix hasnt done anything at all to contact us or do anything to set a date for the match, we have had no chance to say no to your default day.

You dont see any problems with this?

Sure there’s a problem with this, but what do you want us to do? You are in the final week with and have 3 games to play, which is not ideal for anyone. The -deadline- to finish all games is on Sunday because we cannot delay the playoffs and the rest of the schedule for other competitions. We have to have a cutoff point at which we are forced to say ‘if you haven’t played your games by this date then tough luck’. You can still agree to re-arrange the game together, as long as it is played before the end of Sunday.

We simply cannot believe this is how the default day system should work so within this perticular case and it dosnt help that the head admin of etf2l says something completly different than Snowie did.

Day was talking about the default date being set to sunday because that was the only day that was proposed on the match at that point. As Logix rejected this date, we would hardly then set it to sunday, essentially forcing them to default the game. How would that be fair?

right, the system is kind of fail! 2 days are little short. we should discuss that in other etf2l forums.

What? You were the team that suggested wednesday. What were you expecting to happen? Plenty of teams have played games 2 days after the schedule limit has been reached, because one of the teams has proposed the day. It’s worked this way for seasons and seasons.

Clone cannot play on tuesday or thursday, we don’t assign default dates of friday or saturday, logix cannot play on sunday, what other option do we or you have?

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Would you like some danish bacon with your whine?
Snowie seems to have handled this intelligently, staff arn’t paid to sort out your inability to arrange a game with another team so accept the decision. You still have time to arrange the game on another day so add the other clan leader to steam and stop crying.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »