Forum

Wrong default date, Illigal Wildcard and some other wierd stuff!

Created 30th November 2009 @ 19:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

only weird thing here is the 2 days heads-up notice.

This sorta situation has happened to us before where our opponent won’t respond, you should go to an admin before they set the default date.
The admin team doesn’t know what’s goin on with every single match, especially if you don’t post any relevant match comments (i.e. we cant play wednesday etc.)

Last edited by Exfane,

KillaloT

eureka

Clone cannot play on tuesday or thursday, we don’t assign default dates of friday or saturday, logix cannot play on sunday, what other option do we or you have?

Actually no dates are available as we can’t play tuesday, wednesday, thursday, you won’t assign friday or saturday, logix can’t play sunday. My point is that the official default date is sunday, not wednesday.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Yes but logix have stated they cant play sunday, You havnt stated which days you can/cant play on the match thread, it your own fault. If your so worried about playing then arrange it for a friday or saturday. Or play on a day you’ve already got a game schedualed or use a merc.
No where in the rules does it state that default games *have* to be played on a sunday
Rules = “If a match is not arranged by the schedule deadline, admins will decide a default match date”
So stop whining man up and go play your game.

wer

tfortress.no

Whenever i couldn’t get in contact with the other team, I just entered a random date into the calendar to avoid default date, then scheduled with the other team as soon as i could get in contact with them.

This way you’ll never get default date.

KillaloT

eureka

Yes but logix have stated they cant play sunday, You havnt stated which days you can/cant play on the match thread, it your own fault.

We’ve tried to contact the team the whole week, and they decide to answer the night the default date will be set, which leaves us no time to find out if the date is available

Whenever i couldn’t get in contact with the other team, I just entered a random date into the calendar to avoid default date, then scheduled with the other team as soon as i could get in contact with them.

This way you’ll never get default date.

Well, we were just waiting for the normal default date (sunday) as logix didn’t answer us, and we wanted to play on the default date as this was the best date for us. Apparantly an admin decides that wednesday would be a better default date.

So we’ve tried to take action, and are then being punished for it, which seems unfair.

Last edited by KillaloT,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

The default date isnt sunday, its a myth. And if you actually paste logs in match reports to show how “active” you are at contacting the other team perhaps decsions will be swung in your favour.

GipsArm

eureka

We simply cannot believe this is how the default day system should work so within this perticular case and it dosnt help that the head admin of etf2l says something completly different than Snowie did.

Day was talking about the default date being set to sunday because that was the only day that was proposed on the match at that point. As Logix rejected this date, we would hardly then set it to sunday, essentially forcing them to default the game. How would that be fair?

But instead by setting the day to wednesday, a day were we instead could not play(and never said that we could play), you were essentially forcing us to default the game? How would that be fair?

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Yes but you didn’t state you could not play that day. It was the only day left before the end of the season. Tough luck.
Why didnt you write down in the match log you cant play on wednesday? Perhaps that might help the admins?
Besides thats just the default date, you *can* actually change it you realise.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Jones

Out of the 9 games this season, 8 have been defaulted to Sunday. It appears that week 9 is the only week the games aren’t defaulted to Sunday. I think Clones argue a good point. I made exactly the same assumption as Clones, and thought the default date for our last game would be Sunday (which is perfectly rational given the other 8 weeks have). I planned around this and arranged our other games during the week. Luckily when I found out that the default date was in fact Tuesday (about 1 – 2 days in advance), this day was clear for us. I think Clones deserve some help concerning this matter, considering the other clan did bugger all to help it. Stating that they weren’t available Sunday on the fixture page wasn’t good planning, it was pure luck. If they weren’t lazy they would of actively made an effort to speak to Clones and try to organise an alternative date.

Last edited by Jones,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Well im sure the usual date is sunday but if a team has already stated they cant play that day the admins wont pick it. There is no set default day in the rules so if Clones assume their is its their own fault.

The last thing thats put in the match is

“Writh: clone said:
November 29th, 2009 at 11:25 pm
we got a match on thursday… will contact team to ensure all can play wednesday before i say yes.”

Thats not exatally alot for the admins to go on is it?

If they cant arrange a day to play on their both at fault, the descision could have gone either way. But Clones should complain less and spend the time trying to compromise when to play?

(I dont really care btw im just bored at work)

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Why is this still being discussed?

One team rejected Sunday, so quite clearly we cannot force that team to play on Sunday.

Default dates are not always set to Sunday. They more than likely will be if neither team has a game on that day, and neither team has already rejected a proposal for that day. If a team already has a game scheduled then or has rejected a proposal for the Sunday, then alternative dates when both teams are free will be looked at, as well as a full review of match comments.

With regards to this game, I set the default date to Wednesday for the exact reasons that Snowie has already said in the thread. It was the only feasible day that was not rejected already, it was a date that you had both discussed but not bothered to follow-up on the match page, it was a date that neither of you had a scheduled match.

It seems a little daft to blame the Admin team for you having very little time to schedule a game in the last week. Is it the Admin team’s fault that you have 3 games left for the last week? No, of course it isn’t. The action I took with the date set for the game, was the correct one. It wasn’t just set on a whim to upset you.

Dybdal

clone

D2M, we are well aware that most likely nothing will change from our current sitiuation but i chose to post this here in hopes of changing the current system more so than changing our current sitiuation (but i wont lie, that if we had a slimmer of hope of chaning the date from tuesday to something else, we would take that in an instant)

For us this is a hobby, we care alot about the game as i do believe most others do.. but this admin chosen last minute call thing, just isnt an optimal solution as it forces you to keep your calender free all week if the other team cant even be arsed to answer back.

Does it suck for Logix that they cant play on Sunday? It sure does.. but in any other league you would never see a system going in and change a date thats on the match 2 days prior to it being played.

I perfectly understand that the admin staff dosnt want to see default wins for anyone but the current system has to give everyone even more headaches’ than the alternative.

In my opinon the default day has to be set in stone and should not be able to be moved for any reason, have a default match day set in stone from the start of next season and if its impossible to play on that day or find a day during the week, then have the admin’s look at the case while being in dialoge with both teams.. or just default it to the team on the server, like every other league would.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

but this admin chosen last minute call thing, just isnt an optimal solution as it forces you to keep your calender free all week if the other team cant even be arsed to answer back.

I understand that, but the problem is, that the last week is an exceptional situation – since all games have to be played by Sunday 6th December. Teams that have more than one game left to play in the last week, are always going to have extra problems.

The default time for matches to be scheduled in a “2-week” period is at the end of the first Sunday. If they are not scheduled, then a default date is set manually by us on the Monday. Great care is taken with the scheduling and to the best of our ability, everything is kept fair and we do not try to disadvantage any teams.

Imagine if it was you who couldn’t play on Sunday because your team was not available…. you would’ve got very angry with us if we had scheduled a game for a day that you had already rejected because it was not possible for you to play on. We had one option, and that was Wednesday 2nd. The only alternative would’ve been to give you two games on the same day, and that’s an even worse idea.

It would be almost impossible to set one day as the default match day, since there are not 300+ teams available on the same day of the week, every week. A default match date is decided in the fairest manner possible and to assist those teams who have difficulty arranging a match with their opponents. There’s nothing I personally hate more than seeing a match page where one team has tried to arrange a game for a week and the other team haven’t even taken the courtesy to bother to reply :(

Slick

Epsilon

-2 days ahead notice is too little and unacceptable for a ETF2L Match Default date. I didn’t read everything so if thats not the case , i apologize for the stupidity of this post. None the less i love you all.

Slick

Epsilon

Oh and might i add to the stupidity that…
less talk play more.
More seasons ffs, too long wait in between and too long wait during.
oh and Clones, if your playing all your officials now..it means u did something wrong :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »