Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 12 Next »

grey

nm

yep, fov 90 gave me headache :(

Ino

dp.
dp.

Quoted from Anathema

Running steam as administrator doesn’t work. Server browser still shows servers as having either no ping or one of 999. I click some servers and it does nothing, search options have no effect at all. Setting directx to 9 pretty much gives me a third of my normal fps. Game randomly crashes at times.
Awesome game, a bitch to get it to work properly.

you need to go to /steam/steamapps/common/battlefield bad company2/ and right click on BFBC2game.exe -> properties -> compatibility -> launch as administrator

After that you get the pings shown with the steam version.

Also: to get your desired horizontal FOV use this calculator

Last edited by Ino,

Anathema

Launching the game by right clicking the icon and running as administrator doesn’t fix the server browser, still can’t see any pings. Half of the servers I try to join don’t do anything. Half the time I can’t connect to EA Online, or the game will freeze upon attempting to join a server. Setting the graphics to anything other than Medium will consistently crash the game when it finishes loading.
I really don’t understand why the game hates me so much :(

Ino

dp.
dp.

I’ll quote myself on how to get pings:

Quoted from Ino

you need to go to /steam/steamapps/common/battlefield bad company2/ and right click on BFBC2game.exe -> properties -> compatibility -> launch as administrator

After that you get the pings shown with the steam version.

Using a shotcut with Admin rights doesn’t work, you need to do it as I described above

gK

Mc\\\'s

Quoted from Anathema

Launching the game by right clicking the icon and running as administrator doesn’t fix the server browser, still can’t see any pings. Half of the servers I try to join don’t do anything. Half the time I can’t connect to EA Online, or the game will freeze upon attempting to join a server. Setting the graphics to anything other than Medium will consistently crash the game when it finishes loading.
I really don’t understand why the game hates me so much :(

I guess you’re not a battlefield/ea veteran then :p BF games are always great, but a pain to play in good conditions. I still have random crashes time to time, but hell its good when you can actually play it :D

Sad thing is, EA/Dice will never learn, as the same shit happened with bf2….5 years ago (and the patch that fixed it came out last year, lol)

I used to not be able to see pings in the server browser.
I used to not be able to add servers to my favourites.
I used to not be able to login.
I used to be too stupid to forward my ports.

Anathema

I have never had any problems in any game.
I have never had the need to forward my ports for any application.
I see no reason why I should have to mess around with anything to get this to work like it should.

oh and @ Ino, for some reason I can’t check the box, it’s grayed out. Only account on this pc, am admin, etc.

Last edited by Anathema,

Edd

T2P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Qpui1hYBw

ahahaha

Quoted from Anathema

I see no reason why I should have to mess around with anything to get this to work like it should.

I’m not gonna get AIDS, I never got it so far!

Anathema

Quoted from Fluffy Meowington

[…]

I’m not gonna get AIDS, I never got it so far!

What the fuck

toasty.

PHX

Running steam administrator let’s you see pings. If you can’t log into ea online, keep trying (some times it takes a few tries). Same with a server.

If you have never been able to connect to ea online or a server then I would look at your router/firewall.

Comedian

i have this from an admin at a major LAN party, apearantly BFBC2 is retarded and requires around 50 open ports to run…

so, good luck!

Akasazh

THG
HL

Quoted from Anathema

[…]

What the fuck

I’ll translate: yr not really helping out by saying you haven’t got any problems with it

spendy

where can i change the fov?

iQue

keso

Quoted from spendy

where can i change the fov?

My Documents/BFBC2/settings.ini

At the bottom, “fov=??”

It’s vertical fov though, so google “bfbc2 fov calculator” if you already know the horisontal you want

Last edited by iQue,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 12 Next »