Forum

New computer

Created 11th October 2009 @ 21:15

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

Comedian

you can also take two 4870’s and put em in crossfire, pretty bloody cheap and awesome preformance

Skyride

DUCS

uvio, You clearly haven’t been around long then. Nvidia were top dog for about a year and a half before that. Then ATI were. To claim ATI or Nvidia have problems due to one badly handled fuck up is just silly.

Also, the best value for money is getting the top end last gen hardware. There is something called good-enough.

I currently have a 24″ monitor and a Radeon 4850. It can do 50-60fps solid in TF2 at MAX settings @ 1920 x 1200. Are you telling me that a graphics card alot faster than what i have isn’t good enough for what he needs and he should spend even more money on top of that?

agron

Relic

It is GIGABYTE, not Gigabyte. Just ask anyone from Druidz.

xtala

You don’t want to get i7 because they are being discontinued or whatever. Get the i5 socket instead

i9 on LGA1366 socket (the same as i7)

getting an i5 would be the stupid option :)

No, the i5 has exactly the same performance in games, and doesn’t cost nearly as much.
The i9 will be the very top end and will therefore also have a very shitty price/performance.

nvc

You don’t want to get i7 because they are being discontinued or whatever. Get the i5 socket instead

i9 on LGA1366 socket (the same as i7)

getting an i5 would be the stupid option :)

No, the i5 has exactly the same performance in games, and doesn’t cost nearly as much.
The i9 will be the very top end and will therefore also have a very shitty price/performance.

but you can run i9 on the same motherboard as i7, therefore giving you an actual upgrade path without having to sell your entire system in 7-8 months?

You also can’t run tripple channel memmory on i5 – only dual channel, aswell as i5 giving dual graphics setups less performance… which is will be even more apparant when i9 is released and your sat there with your 4870 and i5 at 3.4 unable to actually do anything that wouldn’t be better spent elsewhere.. amongst other things ofcourse :) The only real benefit over the i7 is power consumption, and who knows.. maybe the i9 will be even better? :)

Just because the first i9 that is rumoured for release is an extreme processor, doesn’t mean they won’t then release entry level i9s like the i5 750 and i7 920 :)

i9 (LGA1366) > i7 (LGA1366) > i5 (LGA1156)

Last edited by nvc,

skinnie

TCM

It is GIGABYTE, not Gigabyte. Just ask anyone from Druidz.

I would idd recommend buying GIGABYTE and AMD

Skyride

DUCS

Just because the first i9 that is rumoured for release is an extreme processor, doesn’t mean they won’t then release entry level i9s like the i5 750 and i7 920 :)

No, i9 = high-end
i5 = lower-end

Also, you don’t NEED to upgrade your PC in 7-8 months. You probably won’t have any reason to for 2 years or so.

nvc

No, i9 = high-end
i5 = lower-end

Also, you don’t NEED to upgrade your PC in 7-8 months. You probably won’t have any reason to for 2 years or so.

Fuck my life

i7 has both have entry level and extreme processors, so will the others.

Last edited by nvc,

Skyride

DUCS

No, i9 = high-end
i5 = lower-end

Fuck my life

i5 and i7 both have entry level and extreme processors, don’t take me as stupid mate.

No, no they don’t. £200 is NOT cheap for a processor.

nvc

No, i9 = high-end
i5 = lower-end

Fuck my life

i5 and i7 both have entry level and extreme processors, don’t take me as stupid mate.

No, no they don’t. £200 is NOT cheap for a processor.

Performance you idiot. Go and use google. Do you seriously beleive that there will be just one processor in both the i5 and i9 series?

and £200 for an i7 920 D0 stepping is perfectly justified for what you get initially and over the i5 in the long term. Facts are facts, i7 920 is still better than the i5 750. As you pretty much said

No, i9 = high-end
i5 = lower-end

Last edited by nvc,

Skyride

DUCS

Performance you idiot. go and use google.. do you seriously think intel are not going to release other i5/i9 processors than the single ones on launch date?

Obviously they will. But they won’t have 2 totally seperate sockets for no reason. 1156 was always going to be for the lower end CPU’s.

Anyway, this is a silly arguement. You can NEVER EVER future proof when buying computers, things move to fast. Just buy whats the best value for money when your getting a new computer and upgrade when you NEED to, not when ‘x’ new shiny thing comes out.

Last edited by Skyride,

nvc

Performance you idiot. go and use google.. do you seriously think intel are not going to release other i5/i9 processors than the single ones on launch date?

Obviously they will. But they won’t have 2 totally seperate sockets for no reason. 1156 was always going to be for the lower end CPU’s.

Anyway, this is a silly arguement. You can NEVER EVER future proof when buying computers, things move to fast. Just buy whats the best value for money when your getting a new computer and upgrade when you NEED to, not when ‘x’ new shiny thing comes out.

“Obviously they will. But they won’t have 2 totally seperate sockets for no reason. 1156 was always going to be for the lower end CPU’s.”

I don’t get what your trying to argue with me about LOL. You have just said 1156 is the worse socket, i told him to get i7 920 on LGA1366 due to that and the fact it will give the pc a longer life should he upgrade even so much as a graphics card.

Are you trying to say that i5 is better value for money today? Please justify this.

*You’ll save about £100 – which to some people fair enough, but pukz just sold an i7 920 setup for £600*

Last edited by nvc,

Morty

RG

C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKERRRR.

nvc

we were both pretty much right so nevermind.

Mads.

Thanks to everyone that applied can someone try to create a computer maybe a i5 one a i7 one and so on so forth so I can look at them and decide im not very good at this computer speccing shit :)

Thanks to all repliers btw

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »