Forum

Message to the "TF2-is-dead" cynics

Created 10th October 2009 @ 13:44

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Low-level tf2 is alive and kicking, high-level tf2 is dead.

Depch

Low-level tf2 is alive and kicking, high-level tf2 is dead.

Disagree, in a way. Premium teams have progressed so much that the others havn’t kept track of them, no teams from the past could challenge these teams any more than rest of the div1 teams have so level of competitivness hasn’t dropped, it’s evolved higher and those teams are pretty isolated at the moment, must be a bit boring for them, must be a bit boring for spectating some d1 games, but give it some time and hopefully that premium division. :]

Also mid+ tf2 and anything below is better than ever. So a few good player have called it quits, who cares, some will come back, others will not, it happens in sports too, rookies come in and take the place of old stars.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

tf2 is dead.

I say this as community LEADER, how the game can’t be dead when you have to beg people to play a pickup ?

Edd

T2P

I say this as community LEADER

LOL

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

LOL

Oh. My. God.

Anathema

Nightbox mate you are brilliant!

Niggles

+2

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

tf2 is dead.

I say this as community LEADER, how the game can’t be dead when you have to beg people to play a pickup ?

you should a comedian dude, seriously I’d pay €50 to see you on stage

AnimaL

hail

skinnie

TCM

hahaaa

I don’t agree that there are a lack of good maps. There are perhaps a lack of maps that play similarly to granlands.

This is the core of all. Badlands and even more granary are forcing a team to a certain lineup. Also these two maps are almost the only ones there 2 demomen would be completely devastating due to the fact that both look like a big choke point as a whole. I’m pretty sure that if something like freight had been the first competitive map, we would be playing a different game now.

kaidus

WiK?

Nightbox is a community leader. Now I KNOW the game is dead.

Skyride

DUCS

Nightbox, I don’t think ive spoke to a single person yet who has read this thread and not ROFL’d hard at that post.

gg

eoN^

I don’t agree that there are a lack of good maps. There are perhaps a lack of maps that play similarly to granlands.

This is the core of all. Badlands and even more granary are forcing a team to a certain lineup. Also these two maps are almost the only ones there 2 demomen would be completely devastating due to the fact that both look like a big choke point as a whole. I’m pretty sure that if something like freight had been the first competitive map, we would be playing a different game now.

Thats why you should get your team to play test 3 cp maps etc and do your part to develop them into good maps. Variety is what makes a game last a long time.

If all the top teams played 1 day cups for custom maps and actually gave the map maker a review of the map with whats wrong, right and how to improve it the game would probably survive a bit longer.

But what are the chances of that.

Harps

MM

i mean to everyone thats saying that tf2 dosent have enough maps that not what does it for me its jsut excuses i think that:
1. it should not jsut be about the game but also about the people you play it with.
2. that as eon says if top players took time with helping map makers we wouldnt be having this topic discussion.
3. its a game its not your life if you whine and moan quit im sure nobody will care to much well i wouldnt :P

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »