Forum

Natural Selection 2

Created 6th September 2012 @ 09:23

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »

Cobby

-9m-

Quoted from vani

Marines dominate this game on pubs, there’s no reason not to go marine. Ive seen really good skulks and “assassins” or whatever they’re called, but the amount of skill you need for marine in comparison to alien and how valuable you are to your team is unbalanced.

edit typo

Launch day stats seem to disagree http://www.unknownworlds.com/images/news/PostLaunch1/WinLoss.jpg . They have been keeping stats on all of their released version to try and ensure that it is balanced. It is harder to play aliens but when you get used to it, it’s fun.

Quoted from Uberhomer

That steam group is still invite only, any chance to get an invite? Would love to play together with some people.

I tried making the group private and then public again but it didn’t work. Are you logged in to steam in your browser as i’ve sent the link to people in steam and they have been able to join. I know it’s a pain but try searching for the group in steam

Last edited by Cobby,

Henghast

open
bobs

Buckled and bought up last night. Seems I’m still as rubbish as ever as alien and the majority want to play marines. Good fun though.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Ugh, bad commanders ruin it so much.

“we dont need exos vs onos + heal fatties!”

gg

Seems coolio. Definitely interested to see if there’s going to be decent competitive scene around it.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

I know, there’s too many of these “lol i’m recording myself playing a new game like an idiot and then pasting captions all over the screen” videos on youtube nowadays, but this one made me chuckle :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZdY_M9n24c&hd=1

beta

RaWr ::

Bit the bullet and purchased…let’s see what it’s like!

Kvux

/./
LEGO

There’s a few annoying things, but it’s not that bad.
-Filled with cunts that didn’t play the prequel/people that dont know wtf to do..
-FPS.. Fucking hell, the drops I have

Else than that, seems pretty cool. Hopefully there’s gonna be competitive play in the near future :)

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Quoted from skeej

I know, there’s too many of these “lol i’m recording myself playing a new game like an idiot and then pasting captions all over the screen” videos on youtube nowadays, but this one made me chuckle :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZdY_M9n24c&hd=1

The drifting gets me in that lmao.

vaxjo

Hey dats!

Quoted from vaxjo

[…]
I have the same specs. 110-120 fps with nothing happening and nothing around. 70-90 normal situation. 50ish heavy combat.

I was being a bit generous earlier; saw fps drop as low as 30(gasp) the other day when our base was being stomped by hungry aliens.
But most of the time it stays at least above 60 and averages 80ish? However, fps drops really affect jetpacking in a hive when you’re trying to dodge aliens while shooting stuff. Thinking this will become one of those modern games that end up looking like shit because of the need to squeeze every last frame with fps configs and such.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Yeah, shotgun + jetpack + loads of aliens in a base = so hard to play.

Kortz

.:ne:.

Far too much fun D: Loving the aliens

Abunai

Quoted from vaxjo

[…]
I was being a bit generous earlier; saw fps drop as low as 30(gasp) the other day when our base was being stomped by hungry aliens.
But most of the time it stays at least above 60 and averages 80ish? However, fps drops really affect jetpacking in a hive when you’re trying to dodge aliens while shooting stuff. Thinking this will become one of those modern games that end up looking like shit because of the need to squeeze every last frame with fps configs and such.

I have similar specs to you (3570k, gtx 670) and my drops always seem to come about when there is a lot of particle effects on screen. Probably something to do with them using LUA for a lot of code.

I’ve gone down to 25~fps when there’s tons of crags + grenades going off. Grenades really seem to fuck me over.

Anyone forming teams or something? Might be interested in playing comp

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Quoted from Koeitje

Yeah, shotgun + jetpack + loads of aliens in a base = so hard to play.

Yeah. Shotty+Jet is sick, such a shame I get drops all the way down to ~20fps in heavy combat.. Kinda hard to aim with that shit.
Yet, I like the game. I’m assuming they’ll be optimizing it better in the near future, but who knows. Maybe it’s just my pc that’s built of weed being inable to properly run it in combat..

Quoted from Abunai

[…]
Anyone forming teams or something? Might be interested in playing comp

Was thinking the same thing, definitely interested.

Last edited by Kvux,

Clairvoyant

power nodes are OP.

vaxjo

Hey dats!

Quoted from Kvux

[…]
[…]
Was thinking the same thing, definitely interested.

I don’t know about an actual team but I’m probably up for playing some matches if asked, although I’m not really available until next week.
I suggest you find someone who knows how to and wants to comm, rest of the team doesn’t matter if the opponent is equally scrubby.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »