Forum

Natural Selection 2

Created 6th September 2012 @ 09:23

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 11 Next »

Henghast

open
bobs

Ah my bad then, I just assumed it was Source engine like most of these old mods made fully fledged games.

It does sound dissapointing from what Skeej is saying though. I guess I can wait and see, it’ll probably hit sales at some point and I might buy it then whilst throwing money around like a retard in a sweet shop.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Everyone who pre-ordered NS2 got a free copy to give away in their mailbox, so maybe if you put on your best puppy eyes to someone (or got a good hat? xD)

Edd

T2P

Quoted from skeej

Everyone who pre-ordered NS2 got a free copy to give away in their mailbox, so maybe if you put on your best puppy eyes to someone (or got a good hat? xD)

I preordered the black edition, and haven’t got a spare copy.

what is this black magic of which you speak

dauk

Quoted from skeej

give me copy I tell jokes.

Rubikon

obv free copy should be given to me, thanks!

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Quoted from skeej

[…]

Fair enough if you think the price is too high (should’ve pre-ordered it earlier for 20 USD ;)) but just to clarify, this has nothing to do with Source anymore. They started off on building the game as a Source mod but quickly abandoned the engine because it limited them in their goals for a worthy NS successor. NS2 is built of their in-house coded engine, of which the fundamental part is all coded by 1 guy, including the SDK and mapmaking tool (which is supposed to be even easier than for instance Valve’s Hammer).

This is a good thing and bad thing. They can build the game exactly to their liking, there are has some fancy technological features (every light is dynamic, no static precalc lighting) but on the other hand, there are still performance issues, people don’t like the collision/physics (the goldsrc movement mechanics are what elevated the competitive game to a next level). The game will support extensive modifiabilty though, so the devs are expecting people to recreate NS1 with all it’s classic mechanics, variables, and movement feel. NS2 ProMod?

Oh and btw, guys, don’t compare this to Brink or Shootmania. Unknown Worlds aren’t pumping money into a possible competitive scene, they aren’t making any promises they can’t fulfill, they’re just set on making a good game that also happens to support a competitive mode. Another thing that is different from SM and Brink is that many top TF2 players (including oldskool NS players) are already disregarding the game because it’s too casualified compared to it’s predecessor.

Yeah. As one of those players: The game is fucking shit, regardless of the awful performance.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Edd

[…]what is this black magic of which you speak

https://twitter.com/NS2/status/243514042684153856

atmo

They need to include a free TF2 hat, only then will it sell at that price.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

http://i.imgur.com/jP05g.jpg

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Slick

Hosting a small contest on FB to get beta access

http://www.facebook.com/epsilonesports/posts/390872574314374

GibbZ