Forum

To the Norwegians here

Created 23rd July 2011 @ 09:59

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 13 Next »

torden

broder
syster

The length of his sentence doesn’t really make a difference. If he doesn’t kills himself, or die prematurely from pressure, he’ll have a tougher life outside than inside the bars.

Last edited by torden,

Quoted from FADe

Religion LOL, biggest evil ever induced upon humanity and we did it to ourselves. 2011 and we still haven’t realised it’s the worst thing out there – people are still killing in the name of religion, that’s the real tragedy.

RIP to all those who lost their lives

If Religion didn’t exist, something else would simply take it’s place.

Plus, I don’t think this really has anything to do with religion. Christianity doesn’t actively encourage people to kill in the way he did, so it is purely on his own shoulders, not on the church.

RaCio

GoT²

He was more agnostic then a fundamentalist by the looks of it.

Quoted from RaCio

He was more agnostic then a fundamentalist by the looks of it.

Doesn’t matter what religion he belonged to. He broke the law and should be punished in accordance with the law. I don’t think what he did what wrong or evil, but I don’t think he did what was good or right either. He simply broke the law of the land and the only reason people seem to think he was wrong/evil is down to societal pressures.

Ace

Just got confirmed that one of the two who was missing from where I live is dead .. this is so surreal. Promise me that none of you guys would ever do such a thing, okay?

2nuts

I would like to send my deepest condolences to all the families affected by this tragic, horrid and disgusting act by this cockroach of a human being…

I would also like to apologies on behalf of all Swedes for the comments posted over the internet…
THIS is NO laughing matter, I don’t care what you say, the death of 85 young men and women is not funny and should not be made fun of… that is just so disrespectful… and if it where your family members who died in a terrorist attack, would you make jokes about it?
NO, no you wouldn’t, so why should you when it affects other people?!

Again my deepest condolences goes out to the families affected!

FADe

Yup, after reading abit more about the incident it’s quite clear it wasn’t motivated by Religion, although it seems to of played a part.

Quoted from Chaplain

If Religion didn’t exist, something else would simply take it’s place.

Really struggling to understand this statement, or think of anything with the capability to totally indoctorinate a human being in the same way religion does.

Quoted from Chaplain

Christianity doesn’t actively encourage people to kill in the way he did

Not in the last couple of centuries, no. Christianity has however, murdered more people in the name of their ‘god’ and wiped out more cultures than the rest of the religions combined.
Religion came into being from a lack of understanding about the world around us born from the primitive minds of early humans who had even less of a clue about what it’s all about than we do today, Irrational faith is feeding murderous intolerence throughout the world and is a the most disgusting diease mankind has ever faced, and it WILL be the reason we exterminate ourselves as a species.
I really reccommend watching http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-god-delusion/4od#2919496 (any non UK residents can use http://hidemyass.com/proxy-list/search-225370 – instructions towards the bottom of the page). It’s pretty old now but I found it a really interesting watch when I watched it awhile back. I wouldn’t call myself an Athiest, nor am I easily swayed into fully buying into someones opinions, but you really can’t argue against Dawkin’s statements and views. The guy speaks total sense.

Don’t mean to spark a Religious debate, god knows I’ve been in enough on the internet and they’re always pretty pointless and a waste of time. Seeing your reply, coupled with the fact I’ve been up all night smoking my finest, shit began to type itself :)

Last edited by FADe,

ReveraL

It’s real sad to see this happaning world-wide. terror is ygly in all his shapes.
And now for the facts:
The dude that shoot down all the people at the camp was a christien and active anti-goverment who hate muslims. At that praticular camp they discussed few days back at the palastinian situation with noraway’s minister of foreign affairs,

I think that is why the shooter decided to strike there. He hated musllim + goverment, and lets not forget he was pretty much insane..shotting at young men and wemen (maybe also at kids? dunno)..

Stay strong, we suffer this shit pretty much all our lives.

WildEast

.:EnG!:.
<3

Quoted from FADe

Really struggling to understand this statement, or think of anything with the capability to totally indoctorinate a human being in the same way religion does.

Relegion is like a man’s brake, if it didn’t exist you’d be happily killing anyone you are pissed of, banging any girl walking in the street, you can let your mind make up other few things. And guess what, no one would really care about it, because people wouldn’t have a single clue whether that was right, or wrong. People are born neutral, the only things that drives them to good deeds came back from a religious origin, before these origins they weren’t killing themselves for religion, they were killing themselves for meat. To sum it up, they aren’t the reason for killing, they are the reason for your survival.

OT: How awful that was and feeling terrible for all Norwegians, not just those who are affected because that could’ve been anyone of them.

Last edited by WildEast,

FADe

Quoted from WildEast

Relegion is like a man’s brake, if it didn’t exist you’d be happily killing anyone you are pissed of, banging any girl walking in the street, you can let your mind make up other few things. And guess what, no one would really care about it, because people wouldn’t have a single clue whether that was right, or wrong. People are born neutral, the only things that drives them to good deeds came back from a religious origin, before these origins they weren’t killing themselves for religion, they were killing themselves for meat.

Saying Religion has been the precursor for humans to distinguish between right and wrong completely blows my mind. Do you honestly believe if Religion wasn’t in the picture that as a species we would be in some sort of moral limbo indentifying whats good and whats bad? I think you have very little faith in humanity, implying we’d be out on a limb without Religion – I really have to disagree. However, I do agree with you saying people are born neutral, very true. That’s why it’s an excellent age to begin the indoctorination of Religion :D
Take the Qur’an for example, a piece of text that glorifies Rape, Incest, Murder, Torture and Genital Mutilation. If anything, doing the complete opposite to what you’re saying Religion does for us.
I always found it some what amusing when a Muslim friend of mine used to harp on about how the Qur’an has stayed unchanged throughout the centuries. Christianity on the other hand is the complete opposite, censoring just about anything it pleases to, including parts of its own ‘book’ the bible.

And your final point; that before humans were killing themselves because they didn’t share the same beliefs, they were killing because they were hungry and needed to eat. What? :D An act of Religion does not bare the same weight as an act of Survival. I highly doubt the two causes are comparable aswell, one set of figures would surely dwarf the other into obscurity and is totally justifiable while the other, is not.

Last edited by FADe,

quad

Quoted from WildEast

[…]

Relegion is like a man’s brake, if it didn’t exist you’d be happily killing anyone you are pissed of, banging any girl walking in the street, you can let your mind make up other few things. And guess what, no one would really care about it, because people wouldn’t have a single clue whether that was right, or wrong. People are born neutral, the only things that drives them to good deeds came back from a religious origin, before these origins they weren’t killing themselves for religion, they were killing themselves for meat. To sum it up, they aren’t the reason for killing, they are the reason for your survival.

http://brochan.org/b/src/130992477485.jpg

Last edited by quad,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Chaplain

Christianity doesn’t actively encourage people to kill

I’m pretty sure you’ve not read the bible to think something that is so false. Not only does it promote violence and murder textually, it also is perhaps the most murderous in practise, too.

Quoted from WildEast

How about no. If you need a God to threaten you to make you act responsibly, then you really need to grow up. Religion encourages people to never take responsibility for their actions, and to do anything and everything without thinking about it properly. Religion is the definition of immaturity, the immaturity to not deal with death, the immaturity to not look at the world around you, the immaturity to blame anything and everything on some mighty oligarch in the skies. Some of us lost our imaginary friends at the age of four. Some of us evidently still haven’t.

I actively disbelieve in a god, and even if he DID exist as stated in Christianity, Islam, or anything comparable, I would disagree so radically with his batshit insane ideas that i would rather go to hell than agree with someone who is evidently completely mad, or contemptful.

Let’s take a look at christianity first.

“O Daughter of Babylon, doomed to destruction, happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us, he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.” – Psalms 137

“If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.” – Leviticus 20:13

“When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.” – Deuteronomy 20:10-14

“A priest’s daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.” – Leviticus 21:9

“If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.” – Deuteronomy 13:7-12

“Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God.” – Deuteronomy 13:13

and don’t think the qu’ran is immune to this sort of evil nonsense either.

“Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends.” – Surah 5:51

“Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them.” – Surah 9:121

“The share of the male shall be twice that of a female” Maududi, vol. 1, p. 311

“If you fear highhandedness from your wives, remind them, then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them. If they obey you, you have no right to act against them. God is most high and great.” – Surah 4:34

I’m sure I could find plenty more if such was required.

I am yet to find a religion that is not thoroughly disgusting simply on face value. I don’t need a God to have a sense of direction and morality in my life, and anyone who does needs to grow up and learn responsibility, instead of following completely vile ideas that are perpetuated out of ignorance.

Last edited by octochris,

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from octochris

[…]
TEXT

Thank goodness, some people aren’t mad after all.

But if we could just move back on topic, derailing a thread about such a horrid and serious issue by turning it into a religious debate is only going to end in flames and detract from the actual event. My thoughts are with them all and their families, it’s disgusting what people are capable of doing.

Ghostface

spire

Religions are a lot of batshit yes, but let’s not forget that the Bible/Qu’ran/whatever other book weren’t written by God/Mohammed/whatever other entity. They were written by people, and people make mistakes, by accident or on purpose. So even if there was a god, his teachings might be interpreted wrong.

Also, let’s not forget that this thread is here so we can share our feelings on the current situation in Norway.

Chris, you’ve taken a load of verses out if context. They mean nothing on their own

I’m having trouble finding the bit where it commands all christians to take up arms and murder children that are not threatening them.

There have been countless wars in the name of religion but most of them are simply just wars waged for another reason by the commanders and blamed on God so they get support. Who actually believed Bush when he said “God told me to” about Iraq?

Last edited by Chaplain,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 13 Next »