Forum

Looking for a new mouse + keyboard - suggestions?

Created 26th January 2011 @ 14:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Sekundaattori

OS!
OS!

Mechanical keyboard; Filco majestouch, DAS keyboard, Razer Blackwidow or Steelseries 7G/6Gv2.

octochris

(0v0)

mechanical keyboard for gaming is meh.

keyboard i’ve been using for a little over a year now: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/pcw-essent-pkbw10-wired-usb-keyboard-06474275-pdt.html

mine is the same, except for the fact that it has a native PS/2 connection

Last edited by octochris,

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from octochris

[…]

1800dpi, 3G sensor. Look on the bottom of the mouse, does it say RZ01-00150100?

well damn, I have the new version

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from octochris

DeathAdder V1 is still the best mouse at the moment. As for keyboards, just get something a PS/2 interface (NOT USB with a PS/2 adapter… that would defeat the point), keyboard is all about what you want in terms of shape and size (of course, the same applies to a mouse, but the sensor is important too).

USB with PS/2 convertor will work just fine for proper keyboards. You still get n-key rollover with a 6Gv2/7G or Das Keyboard with PS/2 convertor on it.

I can fully recommend the Steelseries mechnical keyboards, but wouldn’t recommend actually buying one unless you have problems with pressing many keys at once or broke your old keyboard.

Last edited by Arie,

TviQ

ft.

Razer lycosa and Deathadder v1 is a beasty combo :P… if you now want to spend some money on the keyboard

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Arie

[…]

USB with PS/2 convertor will work just fine for proper keyboards. You still get n-key rollover with a 6Gv2/7G or Das Keyboard with PS/2 convertor on it.

I’m not talking about n-key rollover, I’m talking about polling the device vs the device sending data without a prompt by the OS. Response times are significantly more consistent than with USB keyboards, especially when using the default Windows polling rate.

Last edited by octochris,

Spira

You’re nerd.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Spira

You’re nerd.

Me Jane.

Spira

Your nerd oka?

Anyway just buy a Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 and any keyboard.

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

Quoted from Spira

You’re nerd.

Chris is not a nerd, he’s God.

Spira

Quoted from Atty

[…]
Chris is not a nerd, he’s God.

I said you’re nerd, oka?

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

@ Chris

I did some research on the prediction on Zowie EC1 and found a email from one of the developers what contained this:

“There are sensors which naturally consider the prediction to be as low as possible, but most of them have other problems. There are other ways to achieve a minimum prediction. We use the Avago 3060 sensor because it is the most stable sensor available. The Avago 3060 is an older sensor, yet it still delivers the best overall performance during extensive use, making it the optimal sensor for a competitive gaming mouse. The Avago 3060 would normally be considered to have prediction, but our 1000 Hz evens out the prediction and makes the gap it needs to predict much smaller.

So the final answer to the question is:
Yes, the EC-mice do have prediction, but only the minimum level required in order to have a functional mouse. In terms of how gamers currently interprets the term prediction then the EC-series would not be considered to have prediction.

I hope our honesty will be appreciated in the community. Trying out the mice will truly show that we have taken all of these things into consideration, and that our mice allows for free movement. ”

So basicly what he is saying is that normal mouse has 125hz interpolation and they have 1000hz as standard just to get the sensor to update faster (roughly 6x) and it will make the mouse feel like it doesn’t even have prediction. For me was the shape and size of the mouse why I loved the Zowie EC1 so much when compared to my old mx518. But the mouse indeed feels and acts so much better. This is just the feel I have from using mx518 10 or so years and his explanation to prediction started to make more sense. So I would still suggest everyone to test it out before judging so fast…. only because the sensor does in deed have the prediction.

(yes, i am a computer techie so i just got interested and started looking for more information)

Sekundaattori

OS!
OS!

Quoted from octochris

mechanical keyboard for gaming is meh.

Mechanical keyboard with linear switches is the best you can get for gaming TBH

Scotteh

BLUBUF

Quoted from octochris

[…]

bad sensor.

[…]

ie3.0 is a good mouse if you run it at 500hz+, which pretty much eliminates the neg accel.

[…]

EC1 is a nice mouse, but sadly it has prediction

I thought firmware updates fixed the problems with the S3888 sensor in the 3.5g Deathadder? Last time I checked, the two sensors perform pretty much identically now.

Wabbeh

500Hz what what what
-how to change
-why to change
(IE3.0 btw)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »