Forum

Looking for a new mouse + keyboard - suggestions?

Created 26th January 2011 @ 14:01

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

So I’m looking at the option of getting a new mouse + keyboard. Thing is, I don’t know anything about what are good mice/keyboard etc. MX518 has already been recommended. Any other suggestions?

edit: does have to have 5 buttons.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

octochris

(0v0)

DeathAdder V1 is still the best mouse at the moment. As for keyboards, just get something a PS/2 interface (NOT USB with a PS/2 adapter… that would defeat the point), keyboard is all about what you want in terms of shape and size (of course, the same applies to a mouse, but the sensor is important too).

Last edited by octochris,

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

How do I know if my DA is v1?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Daleth

How do I know if my DA is v1?

1800dpi, 3G sensor. Look on the bottom of the mouse, does it say RZ01-00150100?

chipstalaizah

KiH
mm.

MS IE3.0 still going strong. Pretty light though.

Grazuya

ü.

Quoted from octochris

DeathAdder V1 is still the best mouse at the moment. As for keyboards, just get something a PS/2 interface (NOT USB with a PS/2 adapter… that would defeat the point), keyboard is all about what you want in terms of shape and size (of course, the same applies to a mouse, but the sensor is important too).

What’s wrong with the v2?

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

Recently switched from a MX518 to a Zowie EC1 Black, it’s awesome and imo feels a lot nicer than the MX518

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Grazuya

[…]

What’s wrong with the v2?

bad sensor.

Quoted from chipstalaizah

MS IE3.0 still going strong. Pretty light though.

ie3.0 is a good mouse if you run it at 500hz+, which pretty much eliminates the neg accel.

Quoted from Vazzan

Recently switched from a MX518 to a Zowie EC1 Black, it’s awesome and imo feels a lot nicer than the MX518

EC1 is a nice mouse, but sadly it has prediction

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

After using mx518 like since it’s launch it was really hard to find a new mouse what I would like. Only thing I can recommend now is Zowie EC1 Black. First mouse I actually like since mx518. I have tested like kazillion mouses and it is just simple and working. EC2 would work also I guess.

I really don’t mind what keyboard I use since i really cannot see that much of difference or effect on gaming what so ever… long as the buttons work.

Spike Himself

TC

Razer Naga has 17 buttons <3

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from naMu

After using mx518 like since it’s launch it was really hard to find a new mouse what I would like. Only thing I can recommend now is Zowie EC1 Black. First mouse I actually like since mx518. I have tested like kazillion mouses and it is just simple and working. EC2 would work also I guess.

I really don’t mind what keyboard I use since i really cannot see that much of difference or effect on gaming what so ever… long as the buttons work.

It’s possibly that you have got used to prediction. Both the MX518 and EC1 have prediction, a lot of ‘gaming’ mice don’t.

As for keyboard, PS/2 is better (although only marginally) than USB, as USB keyboards have to be polled, whereas a PS/2 keyboard will actually send the signal to the computer directly.

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

If you go with the Zowie mouse, do not get white one, it makes your palms sweat. Does EC2 have this prediction? I have no idea even what that is.

Last edited by naMu,

Cooler

4Queens

logitech media keyboard 600 is pretty much perfect

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from naMu

Does EC2 have this prediction? I have no idea even what that is.

yes. it’s essentially ‘the mouse thinks you’re trying to draw a straight line, so it will change what you’re doing into an EXACTLY straight line’. some idiots think that this has no effect, but it’s more that you just get used to it over time (having to move the mouse in a certain way to do some movement). moving back after that, a mouse with no prediction can feel too sensitive.

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

Ah… that actually explains few things. Never even thought about it.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »