Forum

The Computer Well

Created 27th November 2010 @ 20:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Inuy

#sadboys

Is there a good way to find wich component is overheating and cause the auto-shutdown (no speedfan or w/e , something that reports the component idk..)

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Inuy

Is there a good way to find wich component is overheating and cause the auto-shutdown (no speedfan or w/e , something that reports the component idk..)

depending on the failure, you might get a dump. check %WINDOWS%\Minidump.

Last edited by octochris,

Inuy

#sadboys

Quoted from octochris

[…]

depending on the failure, you might get a dump. check %WINDOWS%\Minidump.

empty folder captain

Dummy

Quoted from Inuy

[…]

empty folder captain

the ‘might’ is there for a reason
CAPTAIN

jonii

fm-eSportstf2

Quoted from octochris

might be cpu interference, had it in my time, unusual but does sometimes happen, especially on badly grounded builds.

what can i do then?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Inuy

[…]

empty folder captain

unless you’ve actually gone out of your way to disable it, probably indicates a failure that would cause there to be no minidump (which means it probably isn’t GPU or some other optional component, likely CPU/MB/RAM)

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from jonii

[…]

what can i do then?

check that you’ve got good grounding, no metal-on-metal where it shouldn’t be, insulative washers where appropriate.

Inuy

#sadboys

is 1 am and even reading pldx tool step by step i cant make a fucking video clip , im going to stab my eyes if something dont help me.

edit: xr^Chris ([email protected]) Quit (Signed off)

http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/083/000/original/forever%20alone.png?1289819718

Last edited by Inuy,

octochris

(0v0)

i’m off to bed, may pick this up some other time.

enjoyed it, aside from layman ranting about ai. hope people got some benefit :)

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from octochris

Would rather not answer programming questions as they actually might require me to think.

Damnit.

Brainmaster

GoT<3
#WW

Quoted from octochris

was afk

[…]

i can’t speak dutch, so it’s not exactly convienient.

Can you make one from an other site than ? :) Didn’t realise there wasn’t an english version of the site, sorry.. :)

Ghostface

spire

Basically, I occasionally get terrible fps spikes (as in they drop for a few secs) when rocket jumping, or on mid-fights. I’m already using your dx9 cfg, and I don’t have a ton of background applications that might suck on the CPU. Any ideas?

I could switch to your maxfps cfg, hat colors don’t matter all that much when you can’t see your hat anyway, but I don’t think the config is to blame, tbh. TF2 is a pretty old game and my PC is potent enough, or so I think.

AnimaL

Quoted from Ghostface

Basically, I occasionally get terrible fps spikes (as in they drop for a few secs) when rocket jumping, or on mid-fights. I’m already using your dx9 cfg, and I don’t have a ton of background applications that might suck on the CPU. Any ideas?

I could switch to your maxfps cfg, hat colors don’t matter all that much when you can’t see your hat anyway, but I don’t think the config is to blame, tbh. TF2 is a pretty old game and my PC is potent enough, or so I think.

as for stock clocked cpu’s , tf2 works well only on core-i or new phenom cpu’s, so assuming that tf2 is old and should work good is wrong

if you dont have at least 3ghz c2d/athlon x2 – its not enough for 6v6 to be smooth

Last edited by AnimaL,

Ghostface

spire

I was afraid I’d get that answer.

Prolly gonna try to clock my CPU these days. See what happens.

Feneer

NPNL.
GFL

I set up some fun binds in TF2 to say stuff in chat using Unicode characters, and they were working fine, but then I had to reinstall TF2 and when I reimported my cfgs only one of the characters still shows correctly, the others being displayed as empty boxes. Since my teammates have reported they show correctly for them, is the problem with Windows? How do I fix this?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »