Forum

The Computer Well

Created 27th November 2010 @ 20:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from dunc

I need a 23/24/25″ 100+Hz monitor. recommend, with some pros and cons.

and when you’ve replied, just leave me a message on my BNC so I can have a look please.. :D /msg dunc

I really don’t know a lot about monitors (QED since i use a TN ;) ). Someone else would be better placed to respond if that’s what they know about, because I really don’t.

Quoted from dunc

isn’t it true that NTFS drives require little to no defragmenting?

NTFS is still a clumsy fs, it still requires defragmenting, it’s just more intelligent in the way that it fragments. When it does, however, the solution is the same and the symptoms won’t differ between FATX and NTFS.

AnimaL

why is everyone having probs with drive speeds, i almost dont notice any probs with 7200rpm 750GB samung F1, having 100GB partition for windows + ahci + ntfs… its fast as fuck in windows and tf2… (oh right, my tf2 is on different hdd :D )

Sure ssd is faster, but not rly giving a fuck since noticeable difference is only when i open folder with 500 image files and windows needs to index them.

Only thing you need to keep in mind – get enough ram to play tf2 – you need at least 4GB to start it fast, imo rarely its ur hdd thats holding game loading times down

Last edited by AnimaL,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11