resolution doesn’t really affect your FPS

Qeh?

sweiny

trick17

30 fps on 1280×720 or 90 fps on 640×480. tough decision :(

Wabbeh

Quoted from arc

I don’t know about this game, but in most I play lowering the resolution has a dramatic effect on fps.

arc

iSlam

Meh, shouldn’t do it on NS2. At least it doesn’t for me and a few others.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from arc

:D
u must be joking, right?

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from sweiny

30 fps on 1280×720 or 90 fps on 640×480. tough decision :(

pudding

Dekken

This game is pretty good.
Laggs allot, and I have some flickering shadow issues, probably because of the CF, but overall money well spent.
Running at 35-100 fps
i5 @ 4.8GHz
6950(6970) CF

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

New fade blink feels awkward as hell. Old one was a much better mechanic in general, I find.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from arc

lol no

fuo

iSlam
BUNCS

Quoted from octochris

[…]

lol no

If it’s a CPU bottleneck (which sounds like the case with NS2), changing the resolution should make little to no difference since it still has to perform the same physics/particle effects on any res.

The best lowering the res will do is reduce the load of the GPU (potentially giving you a few more frames), but in the end it wouldn’t solve the performance problems caused by NS2 putting more load on the CPU than the GPU.

c’mon chris you should know this :v

Last edited by fuo,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from fuo

[…]If it’s a CPU bottleneck (which sounds like the case with NS2), changing the resolution should make little to no difference since it still has to perform the same physics/particle effects on any res.

The best lowering the res will do is reduce the load of the GPU (potentially giving you a few more frames), but in the end it wouldn’t solve the performance problems caused by NS2 putting more load on the CPU than the GPU.

c’mon chris you should know this :v

you are fucking retarded if you think you even went anywhere NEAR what he just said.

he did not say anything like “it doesn’t make any difference if the CPU is the bottleneck”. he said “it makes no difference”. as in EVER. which is bullshit.

bottlenecks are irrelevant. for what he said to become true, you would have to believe that running at, say 1024000000×768000000 would yield the same performance as running at 1024×768.

Last edited by octochris,

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from octochris

[…]
i mad

dont mad

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Waebi

[…]
dont mad

POURQUOI ETES-VOUS FOUS?

fuo

iSlam
BUNCS

Quoted from octochris

[…]

you are fucking retarded if you think you even went anywhere NEAR what he just said.

he did not say anything like “it doesn’t make any difference if the CPU is the bottleneck”. he said “it makes no difference”. as in EVER. which is bullshit.

bottlenecks are irrelevant. for what he said to become true, you would have to believe that running at, say 1024000000×768000000 would yield the same performance as running at 1024×768.

Calm down. I’m not gonna argue or nitpick over his wording (he just meant “lowering resolution in NS2 does not affect my performance”, which he clarified in later posts).

I’m just offering an explanation as to why his FPS isn’t improving. :b

Last edited by fuo,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from fuo

[…]

Calm down. I’m not gonna argue or nitpick over his wording (no reason to be facetious over this – he just meant “lowering resolution in NS2 does not affect my performance”, which he clarified in later posts).

I’m just offering an explanation as to why his FPS isn’t improving. :b

don’t say calm down when you made an obvious jab at me. if you don’t want to provoke a reaction, don’t go out of your way to get one.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »