Natural Selection 2

Created 19th July 2010 @ 14:11

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »

Cobby

-9m-

Pre-Order link: http://www.naturalselection2.com/buy
NS2 Forum: http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/
NS2HD Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NaturalSelection2HD

NS1 was amazing, and NS2 looks promising. It’s also good to see a developer making the game as modifiable as possible, as the whole game is coded in lua script (the same thing that makes Gary’s mod so flexible)

Please note this is being made by a small indie developer, so it won’t be done as quickly as the yearly CoD releases etc..

Last edited by Cobby,

kuma

sick, preordered it

never played it in comp but pub play was pretty fun.

Memento Mori

can’t wait to ride the egg

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Wooooo!! NS pubhero over here as well. Still can’t fade for shit though :D

I pre-ordered the special edition within the first few days it became available. It was a no brainer; I would gladly pay extra for the spec ed, even if it was just for all the fun times I had on NS pubs. I remember the older beta days, where games could easily take 2hrs or even more, and not get dull or stale for even a second. I also haven’t seen such amazing amounts of coöperative play on public servers in any game ever.

It’s amazing that basically one dude created their engine and the user-accessible SDK that comes with it from scratch. This game deserves more attention!

Memento Mori

Quoted from skeej

Wooooo!! NS pubhero over here as well. Still can’t fade for shit though :D

I pre-ordered the special edition within the first few days it became available. It was a no brainer; I would gladly pay extra for the spec ed, even if it was just for all the fun times I had on NS pubs. I remember the older beta days, where games could easily take 2hrs or even more, and not get dull or stale for even a second. I also haven’t seen such amazing amounts of coöperative play on public servers in any game ever.

playing games one night then waking up and rejoining to the same epic 8 hour match
=

win

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Looks like Savage: The Battle for Newerth. Could anyone tell me how are these two different so I could choose wisely?

Edd

T2P

Im poor, cant afford the alpha acces but i can afford the beta acces anyone willing to lend me the extra £13? :D

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Memento Mori

[…]

playing games one night then waking up and rejoining to the same epic 8 hour match
=

win

Holy shit… My longest game was almost 4hrs. I thought that was long O___O

Too bad this isn’t possible anymore in the last iteration of NS1… If Kharaa takes too long, marines win automatically. Which makes the game quite repetitive, and less fun to play. I’m afraid that UW is designing NS2 to have shorter games as well. Oh well, to trade that for a larger playerbase is no big deal I guess.

Waebi

‹Con›

the thing that made me bug my friend to buy it (got no credit card :/) is that it seems to be VERY moddable and there are already maps being made, which is a good sign for a new game (remember cp_lazytown? YEP.) So in theory it should be well possible to bring these long games back, even though my GF would probably hate that person for doing so.

Closed beta is live, pre-order now and get to play (lolo).
http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/

Liking it so far, although some stuff is just retarded (can’t jump or shoot while sprinting, facepalm).

Vad

Hardly playable at this point. I wouldn’t call it beta tbh.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve not been able to connect to any servers (apart from listenservers) myself and they openly said they somewhat rushed to beta so more people would buy it because they are running low on money. Bottom line is, if you buy it now you can mess around with it and you fund the development.

I mean, it’s only 22£.

Last edited by Fluffy Meowington,

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

The new fade looks pretty fun but other then that a massive downgrade from NS ;)

There is potential in the game but looking at current betas for other games (HoN and bloodline champions, APB ect.) this beta is more of an alpha v2.

Can’t wait till they fix airmovement and add in bunnyhopping again. Skulk is so slow paced and well… retarded?

Quoted from GibbZ

The new fade looks pretty fun but other then that a massive downgrade from NS ;)

Much like TF2 is a downgrade from TFC, it’s just the way you make games these days.
At least it’s not gonna be asymmetric this time.

Memento Mori

new fade looks dumpy

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »