Forum

Continuum

Created 29th October 2009 @ 04:20

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

Son of Dad

My entry to the PldX competition. Name sums up the theme of the movie. I wanted this to be a continuous movie, with no smooths cutting between frags. But this has that little bit extra effort to make it flow :)

http://www.pldx.com/movie/900/Continuum/

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKepsHknxgs

Youtube and other mirrors will be up during the day but i find dling from pldx itself is insanely fast as well.

Enjoy :)

Last edited by Son of Dad,

FluffY ZeuZ

Masterpiece.. Something new and unique.. Great idea, and pulled it off great. don’t like the 8/10 ratings from people who don’t like the music, i think it was a good song choice. don’t have to be fast pace all the time.

10/10 from here

Last edited by FluffY ZeuZ,

eoN^

A really good idea and very well implemented, the only improvement i can think of would be to smooth out the little bits inbetween the scenes so they dont feel as if theres a flash in them, maybe its just me but it seemed to jitter a little inbetween each seperate scene.

A unique idea and definitly well implemented.

10/10 for the style and unique idea alone :)
9/10 for the music choice, i think it worked pretty well to be honest, also as seen as this is the first frag movie (for tf2 at least) in this style (that ive seen anyway) I’m not surprised you played it safe with a simple song like that, think about it this way, this is mroe synced to the frags than it is to the music which really impressed me :)

Also simple editing, felt clean but as I said earlier some of the transitional scenes where a tiny bit off which caused a little jitter but i really doubt its even possible to do them perfectly, I’m guessing you actually have to go on a server and find the same position etc. Isn’t there co-ordinates in TF2? (derails my own review WOOO).

But yeah :) 10/10 loved it.

Son of Dad

A really good idea and very well implemented, the only improvement i can think of would be to smooth out the little bits inbetween the scenes so they dont feel as if theres a flash in them, maybe its just me but it seemed to jitter a little inbetween each seperate scene.

A unique idea and definitly well implemented.

10/10 for the style and unique idea alone :)
9/10 for the music choice, i think it worked pretty well to be honest, also as seen as this is the first frag movie (for tf2 at least) in this style (that ive seen anyway) I’m not surprised you played it safe with a simple song like that, think about it this way, this is mroe synced to the frags than it is to the music which really impressed me :)

Also simple editing, felt clean but as I said earlier some of the transitional scenes where a tiny bit off which caused a little jitter but i really doubt its even possible to do them perfectly, I’m guessing you actually have to go on a server and find the same position etc. Isn’t there co-ordinates in TF2? (derails my own review WOOO).

But yeah :) 10/10 loved it.

You are very right about how i need to smooth the scenes. Indeed, this is the first time i’ve done something like this and you can see a marked improvement along the movie. It was done by smoothing, with the first frame either set already since its POV and then moving on and trying to match up exact with the POV of the next frag (which was a very specific and very annoying process sometimes).

I’m glad you guys liked it so far as i know my hard work was well worth it :)

eoN^

Really, it was worth the effort.
Keep developing that style and you’ll get faster at it and more efficient :)

But really, definitely worth it, im very impressed and that takes alot :D

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

10/10

Son of Dad

10/10

Appreciate it :)

David

Ill +1 that, its not about what song you choose… its what you do with it!

huhystah

Well done!

Isai

flowerpower/

Nicely done, can you provide a hq download link?

Definitely 10/10.

xzr

really unique and enjoyable to watch, just woah. Loved it

Winner of the contest right here. Absolutely awesome.

Son of Dad

Nicely done, can you provide a hq download link?

Definitely 10/10.

You can download the full quality version from pldx. Download button takes you to it :)

Black_Bob

[DA]

Very nice it didnt feel like i was watching the same old frag vids on repeat but an actual flowing video!

Those transitions are simply brilliant. Simple but nice editing. Imo you couldn’t really have done this movie better – 10/10

I hope this one will win :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »