a moviemaker to enter a competition organized by himself or his fellows

?

Last edited by Trane,

Leshey

D.A
V.A.C.

Quoted from Trane

?

massive screwup here. but it’s still kind of works. yes CUBE isn’t in BYP but a lot of people know that bones and he are friends and it’s similar to the situation i previously described. people didn’t get the right impression. i think that editors have to keep things like that in mind.

and there WAS a BYP member in the comp…

Last edited by Leshey,

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

Both sin and cube are in byp, but neither had anything to do with the judging of the competition. There’s noway I would have restricted them from entering as they are both very good editors and it wouldn’t have been fair to not have them in the competition! To be honest the community votes proves that cube deserved to win the competition, which he won by a landslide.

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from BoneS

To be honest the community votes proves that cube deserved to win the competition, which he won by a landslide.

It blows my mind that people cannot understand this simple fact. All those retards claiming he won because you guys are friends….look at the facts please and stop whining.

Leshey

D.A
V.A.C.

Quoted from BoneS

Both sin and cube are in byp

HA! so i didn’t screw up after all.

Quoted from BoneS

To be honest the community votes proves that cube deserved to win the competition, which he won by a landslide.

Quoted from dougiie

It blows my mind that people cannot understand this simple fact. All those retards claiming he won because you guys are friends….look at the facts please and stop whining.

i’m not whining or complaining that he won, i’m completely fine with that. it’s just that i think that byp moviemakers shouldn’t have entered the competition at all. nobody’s saying that they shouldn’t make movies, but maybe release them out-of-competition and not count them in the vote. it would’ve prevented most of the controversial situations around this whole contest.

and just to make myself clear on this once more: i loved the movie and since it DID enter the competition i voted for it.
Quoted from Leshey

Never really was attracted to clean edits, but this movie just blows my mind. Voted for it and wish you good luck in the competition.
Keep it up, CUBE!

Trane

There’s no controversy, only idiots.

FIR

SnG

Quoted from Trane

Slliter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJVt8kUAm9Q

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Quoted from Trane

This.

BoneS even said in reply to my comment on the last page – he didn’t even vote for cube’s video as no. 1! And the fact that it got over 300 more (?) than the others in the community vote shows that it’s clearly the public’s favourite as well as the judges.

And why shouldn’t they be allowed to enter the competition? The fact they’re in BYP clearly shows that they must be bloody good editors, so why not show off their talents and have the chance to win the money and the shiny Tt stuff, and most of all the opportunity to have their video in place of Dr J and Random Damage before the final? :p

dellort

Can we see which judges picked which videos as their top entries?

Last edited by dellort,

siN

xenon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0

bean

isaninja

Quoted from Leshey

[…]
HA! so i didn’t screw up after all.

[…]
[…]
i’m not whining or complaining that he won, i’m completely fine with that. it’s just that i think that byp moviemakers shouldn’t have entered the competition at all. nobody’s saying that they shouldn’t make movies, but maybe release them out-of-competition and not count them in the vote. it would’ve prevented most of the controversial situations around this whole contest.

and just to make myself clear on this once more: i loved the movie and since it DID enter the competition i voted for it.
[…]

What controversy?

If you stop certain people entering the competition, then you are stifling the competition. You’re saying to the winner, you were good enough to win this, but if x, y and z had been in it. Pack your bags mate.

Leshey

D.A
V.A.C.

Quoted from beach

And why shouldn’t they be allowed to enter the competition? The fact they’re in BYP clearly shows that they must be bloody good editors, so why not show off their talents and have the chance to win the money and the shiny Tt stuff, and most of all the opportunity to have their video in place of Dr J and Random Damage before the final? :p

have you ever read rules for the contest that big companies organize? because i actually did. here’s an interesting paragraph (from Lay’s Do us a flavor contest http://www.fritolay.com/facebook/contest-rules-20120720.html)

1. ELIGIBILITY: The LAY’S® Do Us A Flavor™ Contest (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of any of the 50 United States or District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Frito-Lay, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, participating retailers, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Contest).

don’t you find it peculiar that employees aren’t allowed to participate? they’re stifling the comp! bastards! but maybe there’s a reasonable explanation to this? oh, maybe they don’t let them because they’ve got an advantage over other contenders? or maybe because bosses don’t want people to think that it was a foul play or that they just tried to fool the customers? sounds logical enough to me.

Quoted from bean

What controversy?

like this one http://etf2l.org/forum/movie/topic-22500/?recent=403776
it was brought up in a couple of other threads but admins did a good job cleaning the holywar messages. some people just don’t believe that CUBE won in a fair play. and as i see it, they have a good reason to. doesn’t make it true though. but i find it wrong that people created conditions for these flamewars and then rage over the most obvious response of disbelief.

one of my friend said that someone from BYP will win the comp anyway even before people started to release their works. and because of that decided not to participate. the results only confirmed his doubts…

ash

(Legend)
:D

People understood you the first time you mentioned it. But people didn’t and still don’t care. So, you brought forth your point, now please shut up.

Oxy

TC.Express

Tbh I can see the arguements from both sides but lets face it who actually gives a shit, we got some good movies out of the comp so meh.

Tis’ all done so stop with the whining.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 Next »