Forum

only me or byocomp is shit?

Created 27th August 2012 @ 15:05

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

xTimeE

Doj.

This thing was about edit and the first place was like fragshow more than edit D:
idk if its only my opinion tell me somthing that i dont know

Last edited by xTimeE,

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Jews mad now too.

djc

d2f~

i guess i’ll tell you something that you don’t know: good editing doesn’t necessarily mean a bunch of flashy effects and super cool explosions and slow motion replays.

xTimeE

Doj.

mad cuz grid didnt won xD the most special movie i saw ever
not saying flashy things are good yea dont understand me in wrong way ok
just saying nothing special in is movie same like most of the movies

and im not saying that im making anything special or better than him just wierd that he won

Last edited by xTimeE,

grid

guys
stop this madness please

Last edited by grid,

Trane

Grid came second, it’s something to be proud of, grats on the new headset dude.

Regen

nf.
9F

Quoted from djc

i guess i’ll tell you something that you don’t know: good editing doesn’t necessarily mean a bunch of flashy effects and super cool explosions and slow motion replays.

He’s referring to Grid, which didn’t at all had flashy effects slow motion replays or whatever, it was the most technical insane edited movie in the contest.

I can imagine the picking of top5 being really hard though and i think they’re all really close to eachother :D

Last edited by Regen,

xTimeE

Doj.

Quoted from Regen

[…]

He’s referring to Grid, which didn’t at all had flashy effects slow motion replays or whatever, it was the most technical insane edited movie in the contest.

indeed

Trane

As I said in the other post, we are judging an entertainment medium, not a gymnastics competition.

If it was all down to pure technical ability and effects, it would be pretty boring.

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Honestly, gr1d shouldve won, I believe bones’s own words were: “try to be as original as you can, i want to see things ive never seen before”, Shift by gr1d is by far, the most original and creative movie in this competition.
Im not trying to insult/flame/whatever anyone, but I think an EDITING competition should be judged by the edit itself, not if the movie has a lot of insane frags-for future competitions i think the selection of frags should be given, because the quality of frags clearly does affect the movie.
Gratz to the winners.

P.S – just to make it clear, im not saying Cube’s movie is bad or not well edited, it is good and it is well edited, but not in a way that made me go “WOW HOW DID HE DO THAT?!”.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

The point is that bones DIDN’T decide this alone, it was a panel of judges who all judged individually of each other and BoneS just tallied them up.

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from Enef

The point is that bones DIDN’T decide this alone, it was a panel of judges who all judged individually of each other and BoneS just tallied them up.

Okay, so your saying that the other judges dont want something new? and they dont want creativity? Gr1d’s movie was almost the only movie in this competition that really introduced something new (and was also really well executed). A winner in an EDITING competition shouldnt be a “fragshow” of prem frags with some nice smooths and nice soundtrack.
The winner of an EDITING competition, in my opinion, should be the editor who demonstarted the best editing skills.

As I said, for future editing contests, I suggest giving a limited frag selection, to rule out the “frag quality” thingie.

Mercyless

ORACLE

Quoted from SorroW

[…]
Okay, so your saying that the other judges dont want something new? and they dont want creativity? Gr1d’s movie was almost the only movie in this competition that really introduced something new (and was also really well executed). A winner in an EDITING competition shouldnt be a “fragshow” of prem frags with some nice smooths and nice soundtrack.
The winner of an EDITING competition, in my opinion, should be the editor who demonstarted the best editing skills.

As I said, for future editing contests, I suggest giving a limited frag selection, to rule out the “frag quality” thingie.

who should have won is up for the judges to decide, their competition their rules

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from Mercyless

[…]

who should have won is up for the judges to decide, their competition their rules

than why call it an editing competition? why say they are looking for something new and fresh?
explain!

Rdios

REVERTO

achtime mad

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »