Forum

Fastbine?

Created 16th February 2010 @ 14:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Chubbsta

I would agree with the comments about having a cap difference. Perfect example is the ESH ASRock cup, where TCM beat Got Milk 26-2. Yes they got 2 caps, but sitting in the server knowing you have no chance of a comeback isn’t the greatest.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

The only class I see it any fun is for like sollys because they finally get a shit ton of action.

As a scout you spend your time watching a vent or running with intel. You rarely get to DM (the fun part of the game) and you have to play so defensive 24/7.

As a demo you get some nice pushing but the maps are confined and your play turns more into sticky traps around corners and conserving ammo then DM fun.

Just remove the fucking map PLEASE.

JimmyB

FNR!

Quoted from dauk

it is one of most interesting and intense maps atm.

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

Betzeberg >> Fastbine

pRime

Quoted from GibbZ

+1

alfa

Quoted from GibbZ

Oh wait we have turbine but we dont have fastlane :/

Last edited by alfa,

JimmyB

FNR!

Quoted from cheee

Betzeberg >> Fastbine

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Tbh a poor idea because it could just come down to the first mid fight of each 10 minute section as long as the team holding mid plays smart.

Honestly when I saw the thread name I thought someone had combined the shittest two competitive maps, to create some kind of weird thing.

the bm man

k^m

Turbine is great! its definitely more fun than playing badlands 420 times in a row

rAye.

Vuze.
T.

turbine is cool, so intense for the whole 30 minutes cos you can turn it around at any point so easily. also best map for demoman.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

leave it as it is

archy

removing turbine would mean removing ctf as a whole game mode as well. so just leave it as it is. its fine.

kR1zz

Quoted from GibbZ

The only class I see it any fun is for like sollys because they finally get a shit ton of action.

As a scout you spend your time watching a vent or running with intel. You rarely get to DM (the fun part of the game) and you have to play so defensive 24/7.

As a demo you get some nice pushing but the maps are confined and your play turns more into sticky traps around corners and conserving ammo then DM fun.

you have no idea how boring this map for a medic is :D

Last edited by kR1zz,

rAye.

Vuze.
T.

Quoted from kR1zz

[…]

you have no idea how boring this map for a medic is :D

you have no idea how boring medic is in general! :D

Tikcus

Very few matches on turbine are good, to watch or play in

Team wins mid, holds it for as long as they can caps at their own pace.

At least on Granlands there is a reset at the end of each round so they can try new tactics or try something different to try and win, on turbine you get 1 chance at mid fight

changing to need 3 flags for a point, and win difference 5, would make turbine more interesting (IMO)

25 min into game, imagine it’s 3-2 overall and it’s 2 flag captures each, it will lead for an intense final 5 min as there will be alot more to play for, team A to win 4-2, or team B to get a 3-3 draw.

Or we can just leave it as it is, one team wins middle and camps there for as long as possible, for a boring 30 min match. (please remove from map pool if it stays like this)

If it resets after 1 team gets 3 caps, at least mid fight isn’t just a once in 30 minutes thing, and gives clans a chance to try something different if their tactics failed to work in round 1

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »