Forum

Fastbine?

Created 16th February 2010 @ 14:00

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Boemel

vR|

Hey guys.
We had a Turbine match yesterday and it was boring ;)
So I had an Idea.
How about playing Turbine 3 times with timelimit 10minutes.
Every team can get 1 Point for every 10 minutes or by getting x+5 caps.
So if team BLU wins 2 times they get 2:1 points
Before you flame here are my thoughts

-The most maps have a default cap-timelimit if you no Team caps a new round starts.
-If you loose the middle for 1 time its very hard to take it back
-This can make Turbine a lot faster
-You cant cap some flags and then deff until hell freezes

I also thought about 2x 15 Mins but I think 3 x 10mins are awesome.

dauk

it is one of most interesting and intense maps atm.

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

please not,
the breaks will often stop the momentum a team has

like yesterday after we were 8 mins in Defense,
we got the middle and started doing some caps,
such comebacks would be useless then

I dont know what happened
but please no 3x 10 mins

ups

So, if team A encounters a severely weaker team B, in order to win, team A will have to either:

a.) cap a total amount of 15 intel briefcases (5:0 for each of those 10 mins)
b.) get back one intel for every round, and then do absolutely nothing (defend against a weaker team) for the remaining ~5 minutes.

Am I correct?

I actually agree with Dauk, the map needs no additional rules IMO.

Last edited by ups,

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

chances are this would slow a game of turbine down even more, after all (example) if vertex (playin without swarley makes this possible <3) would take 1 point of diggi on turbine , they would just have to sitout the remaining minutes to take a point.
First to 5 caps would be better to speed things up

bpf

rockit

Quoted from Boemel

Hey guys.
We had a Turbine match yesterday and it was boring ;)
So I had an Idea.

dont tell me you played with heavy+engi+pyro again and wonder now that the map is boring? :P

kaidus

WiK?

I actually like the proposition, it’s something I’ve considered myself from time to time. I wouldn’t have the game come down to a “best of 3” rounds whereby you can take a cap and turtle for 10 mins to win a third of the game, just that the game resets every 10 minutes and the scores carry over. This causes teams who hold the mid with a score advantage to continue to play offencively and make use of their positional advantage rather than just ride the game out slowly. In current turbine, if there’s 15 minutes left in the game and you are say 4 caps up, you can simply sit back and hold the mid and force the enemy to play riskily and make mistakes allowing for easy caps on your teams part. If you were playing under the knowledge that in 5 minutes time the enemy will have an equal stake in ownership of the midfield you’d feel more encouraged to attempt to get as many caps out of that 5 minutes of advantage as you can.

People always complain that turbine is 30 minutes of exactly the same thing over and over again, so why not consider this suggestion a bit more seriously? Perhaps your strategies are very much centred around playing like total douchebags, but I’d rather see a bit of aggression and fun in the map personally :x.

Randdalf

(0v0)

What I don’t like about Turbine is how if you’re losing heavily with 15 minutes to go, and you obviously have no chance of a come back, yet you still have to agonise over the rest of the 15 mins. I really think a win difference of 10 is in order or something, just to make the rolls less painful, in lieu of this idea.

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

I wouldnt mind a winpoint_diff from 8 or something like that
but afaik a team can every time say gg (& wp) and leave the server or go to the next map

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

imo its not a ragequit when a team which is 2 or more divisions lower than the winning team is losing a map (clearly) and cant see a point of playing on

if the teams are (nearly) equal skilled its something different ofc :P

Last edited by cheee,

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

I roll my hairy ballsack over that shit map.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

I detest turbine so anything to make it less shit for me personally, I would enjoy :D

Also credit to whoever lost 2-26 in the ESH cup on turbine last night. Good effort for staying and not gg’ing it after going 5-10 behind. I’d have left a long time before that :p

Last edited by d2m,

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Turbines so shit I got Nor to play for me.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

I actually like ctf_turbine, its hell of alot better then fastlame.

To Gibbz. Could you shave before rolling your sacks mate, I need to vacuum the map first, after you played.

brt

encore
FuDoo :>

Please no!
I love turbine!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »