Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 64 65 66 ... 109 Next »

Del

I sent you all the parts. I am afraid that the final version will be released later than you planned =)

byte

Stray if your on irc pm me please ASAP ty dude.

Cheers

Byte

byte

Quoted from Del

I sent you all the parts. I am afraid that the final version will be released later than you planned =)

Some of your screenshots dude are from rc5 :/ when if you look at the bughunt version theres alot done but you’ve mentioned in the email dude lol.

Contact me on mirc please asap!

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

Ched

.tony

By the sounds of things, Stray is going to certainly be in the credits, probably more than once. He’s also probably going to be the community map bug hunter from now on.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Stop releasing new versions cos I am sick of having to download it again, upload it to the server and then make sure everyone else on my team downloads it.

Oh and there is a little…visual bug on the cp on the last point when you go up the little steps, for me anyway – like the bug you sometimes get when you step on a tele exit and seem to shake between the ground or something…am I the only one who had this?

Last edited by Hildreth,

wer

tfortress.no

Quoted from Hildreth

Oh and there is a little…visual bug on the cp on the last point when you go up the little steps, for me anyway – like the bug you sometimes get when you step on a tele exit and seem to shake between the ground or something…am I the only one who had this?

Yes, but please dont release a new version to fix things like this.

byte

Wow, i take it you haven’t even cared to read what my post said Hldreth. If you read it carefully it said this wasn’t a public release?

Nor a version you can download without retrieving a password for. Just wow, it amazes me how much ppl do actually read topics or even if they do they are unable to realize what is being said.

It was purely for spot checking 1 last time, i had 15 ppl pm me for the pw approximately, i don’t see this being played on any servers? Also its not in any league also its not in any pickup?

I suggest you go read page, http://etf2l.org/forum/maps/topic-4845/page-58/ and also go read page http://etf2l.org/forum/maps/topic-4845/page-64/

If you have trouble understanding what is being said please pop on irc would be happy to explain. As for you whining like a headless chicken about versions one can only sigh for your ignorance and naivety :)

Also yes Ched if it wasn’t for stray’s super duper spot checking alot i feel would of been missed, he’s a credit to this project and of course will get mentioned quite heavily along with a few others who have been helping me test it over the past year.

My thanks goes to ALL the people who did a spot check for me and in such a short space of time.

_final will be out tomorrow i hope :)

Cheers

Byte

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

sorry for interruption, but here’s a quick suggestion: final map should be called cp_obscure not cp_obscure_final.

MoZz

Quoted from byte

lol?

Is it just me or why do people think cp_obscure_final is later or after cp_obscure….

It goes like this

cp_obscure_rcX’s
cp_obscure_final
cp_obscure_final1
cp_obscure_final2
cp_obscure_final3

cp_obscue_final99billion
cp_obscure

Mark

Phase

obscure_final should be the final version, with cp_obscure being an official map. The only final1 is freight, because Fishbus used a bad naming system ;)

the bm man

k^m

“cp_blazewalk”

ehehehehehheheh!

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Quoted from Mark

obscure_final should be the final version, with cp_obscure being an official map. The only final1 is freight, because Fishbus used a bad naming system ;)

what was the problem if he renamed it to cp_freight ? it would overwrite the original one and so, what was the problem ?

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from Nigh

[…]

what was the problem if he renamed it to cp_freight ? it would overwrite the original one and so, what was the problem ?

lol im sure the original map maker would have been over the moon

byte

Because nigh if you release a map with the same name you will get alot of people complaining about “this map differs from the one on the server”, because the server for example is running an updated cp_obscure_final where as you have an old cp_obscure_final.

Hence they will both clash and alot of players get irritated by this :P

Cheers

Byte

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Quoted from byte

Because nigh if you release a map with the same name you will get alot of people complaining about “this map differs from the one on the server”, because the server for example is running an updated cp_obscure_final where as you have an old cp_obscure_final.

Hence they will both clash and alot of players get irritated by this :P

Cheers

Byte

hlds will update server map
steam will update client map

where will be the problem ?

Last edited by Nigh,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 64 65 66 ... 109 Next »