Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 57 58 59 ... 109 Next »

lolage

TSPAG

Has any one got the very first version of obscure? I’d be interested to download it and have a look around – see what it was like before.

byte

lol lolage :D i will be uploading the very first one when i release cp_obscure_final.

rc5 is being playtested tonight by Myself Honey Baerbal and maybe a few other volunteers to be trusted. If you fancy play testing then pm me on irc i’m idling atm in #mpuktf2.pickup @ quakenet.

Also i won’t be able to respond to any pm’s yet until 7pm as i won;t finish work til then.

I keep stressing it but we are reaching the end of this map and i would love to get all major and minor-major bugs out for the release of _final.

Visual opinions are welcome but may not be dealt with.

Infact if your around lolage pm me 2night :p

Cheers

Byte

byte

As promised, i said cp_obscure_rc5 would be out this week and voila for once we’ve managed to get it out on time ;).

One thing i’d like to mention before I mention the changes what’s new and what’s fixed etc. Is that the next version will be the penultimate version of obscure; so the name will be cp_obscure_final and it will remain like that for ages until i believe 99% of all bugs have been found/fixed + if anything good comes ’round the block’ :-). This means that there will be no more “rc’s” versions much to the delight of alot of people whining and sulking to me about it.

So this is the last update with any surprise in it i guess. Was the last in the ‘series’ to wet your appetite on. I do hope the addition added to the map will make you like it more and if not change your mind to liking it.

I’ll give a brief description as to why this ‘new addition’ was added. Something caught my eye or initiated an idea was something Torden said. He was mentioning about how cp2 on granary has 2 sections, and this is why this part of the map is loved (along with cp1). For example granary’s usual setup is demo soldier with medic on capture point 2 and soldier + 2 scouts right section, 2 sections both independant but can link up well enough to make an impact if the team play is right. The main thing though was that it gave the attackers a chance to strategically put the defenders off by being in another position and them not able to adapt to this move by the attackers; Something which rc4 and before lacked i.e. two routes facing in a straight line going forwards. With this change, i think alot of people will change their mind about obscure (or i’m hoping).

So my thanks to Torden there for the initiation of doing something for obscure.

Moving on, alot of bugs were found in rc4 which were also carried on from rc3, i’ve manually gone through all of them mentioned ON THIS FORUM and checked to see if they’ve all been done. I believe 95% have, there might be 1 or 2 that I may have ignored either on purpose or because i disagree with the “visual” or “Bug” mentioned.

.::. Release Notes.::.

– Fixed top red spawn so that you can’t get into the radio room :D
– Right half room on the right of capture point 1 now has a door rather than just a black wall (this will be improved in the final).
– Fixed alot of fade distances on certain objects they include a cart on cp3 the wooden support on cp3 as well, the boxes disappearing from lobby outside looking to the left warehouse and many others etc.
– Changed the colour slightly underneath the capture point 1, to a darker red/pink colour, CHRIS IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT TOUGH COOKIE! (;x)
– Changed the door at capture point 1 spawn so that a demo or soldier can’t hit the roof anymore.
– Added a new area to the map, i hope you like it i won’t say what you’ll just have to download it and see :)
– Changes the visual on last with the 3 pipes against the wall now with a shiny glass over them glazing looking less ugly.
– Removed the sign on the right route wall which said “ENTRANCE” on both sides.
– Taunt glitch fixed at cp1 spawn on the left side when you stand on the boxes.
– Fixed the beam sticking out from the ceiling
– Fixed some arrow signs however i’m sure there are a few that need fixing/removing this will be dealt with soon enough.
– Lots of other visuals/bugs fixed just too many to mention.

I’ve also noticed that alot of ppl don’t know this about the map but it does actually snow, if you look up and don’t have gamegear/gameboy settings on you can see snow falling :-).

My thanks goes to Swifty and Baerbal for play testing cp_obscure_rc5. As always many thanks to Larky ^_^.

.::.Download cp_obscure_rc5 .::.
http://fakkelbrigade.eu/byte/cp_obscure_rc5.zip

Remember guys and girls, the next version will be cp_obscure_final so I urge you if you find any bugs or want to please mention on this forum, as there will not be many chances left to correct the map.

I will be running a obscure cup again for that want on cp_obscure_final too. A small prize like last time will be included too.

Also i’d like some feedback on the new addition please :x

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

davesan

epx^
Panda

update the multiplay server to the latest version =)

ps. map looks awesome

Last edited by davesan,

Dummy

woooooooooooo baby :D

kaidus

WiK?

Stickies go through the fans @ building between house and mid. Not sure if this is one of the things you intentionally left in or not, haven’t been keeping up with the thread.

Ijantis

cheers byte

LUPUS

cheers Byte

LaMqTa

fenneks

gj byte :)

Reload

BiG
BiG

New area looks nice, but the new staircase all the way to the right of cp2 (attacking point of view) looks kind of pointless. It is within 5 inch of the already existing ramp leading to pretty much the exact same point, so is it really needed?

Great that we’re able to jump straight from the spawndoor again :) Hope to play it in a pcw soon

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Screenshots/spoilers

The new extra room inside your spawn is weird.

Last edited by Arie,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Arie

Screenshots/spoilers

The new extra room inside your spawn is weird.

That’s been there since RC4. I mentioned it before and was told it didn’t affect rollouts, but in the matches we’ve played on it the majority of the time Malf misses his rollout through no fault of his own because he bounces off the walls, and skids off of the little landing balcony.

antyjc

2ne1

that is his own fault

poxie

and don’t have gamegear/gameboy

I LOVED GAMEGEAR!

TopGear

tH

Just had a look over the map. And everything looks fine from what I can tell. No obvious problems.

I would have say that the new spawn room feels claustrophobic and makes exiting top way feel like it takes forever. Its not like the other team is going to be in there so why bother. Personally I would perfer to see it more how it was in rc3, and I also always seem to want to exit to the right and im forced out left. So maybe give an option? Something like this maybe

http://digital-illusion.net/byte/cp_obscure_rc_last_revised.jpg

The new route on second is a good idea, however I think from looking at it that you could implement it better and needs reworking slightly. The scout now gets a little health pack and makes the area wider, however he can still cover both areas from 1 position so seems pointless to have it how it is in rc5. Look at the screenshot below

http://digital-illusion.net/byte/cp_obscure_rc5_right.jpg

Why not simply combine them together ?
make some sort of larger opening.

If the attacking team pushed right, could they even cap second if the other team all pushed middle ? Seems to take you very wide.

One last thing, on middle shown below

http://digital-illusion.net/byte/cp_obscure_rc5_middle.jpg

You should be able to get on these roofs (indicated by a massive green arrow), since on cap point 2 you can get on the sloping roof, and also the flat roof. Consistency my dear fellow :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 57 58 59 ... 109 Next »