Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 65 66 67 ... 109 Next »

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Hell just froze over, Nightbox is making sense.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Quoted from Arie

Hell just froze over, Nightbox is making sense.

http://instantheavy.totalh.com/howcoulddishappen.html

spence

¤_¤

Quoted from Nigh

[…]

hlds will update server map
steam will update client map

where will be the problem ?

Only if it becomes an official map that would happen

octochris

(0v0)

edit: nvm, didn’t realise there was a page 66 with spence already saying the same thing before posting :D

Last edited by octochris,

spence

¤_¤

Quoted from octochris

edit: nvm, didn’t realise there was a page 66 with spence already saying the same thing before posting :D

BOOOOOOM!

wer

tfortress.no

Quoted from spence

[…]

He was talking about cp_frieght

spence

¤_¤

Quoted from byte

Because nigh if you release a map with the same name you will get alot of people complaining about “this map differs from the one on the server”, because the server for example is running an updated cp_obscure_final where as you have an old cp_obscure_final.

Hence they will both clash and alot of players get irritated by this :P

Cheers

Byte

I thought he was talking about making the next one cp_obscure_final or whatever but because freight is an official map they have the resources to update everyones steam.

I think we should just let byte do what he wants, doe it really matter what its called tbh. It will become cp_obscure in the future and probably in the not too distant future, aslong as we get the best results and a decent map you could called it cp_byteisryte for all I care.

byte

Quoted from spence

[…]

+1 <– Nigh only if its part of the .gcf pack dude, if its a custom standalone map then no :p

Cheers

Byte

Mark

Phase

Pretty sure even if an official map is made (say “cp_freight”) but people still have cp_freight in their maps folder, when they connect to a server, it’ll disconnect them, saying that the map files differ. Otherwise I’m sure Valve/fishbus would have released the map as cp_freight.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Mark

Pretty sure even if an official map is made (say “cp_freight”) but people still have cp_freight in their maps folder, when they connect to a server, it’ll disconnect them, saying that the map files differ. Otherwise I’m sure Valve/fishbus would have released the map as cp_freight.

That’s correct.

wer

tfortress.no

Yes, but it wouldnt be a problem for valve to check if it exists and overwrite it. They already do that with other files. For example huds.

ctf_turbine was released as ctf_turbine, even if it had been released before with the same name. I had to manually remove it from my map folder.

It’s valve that’s adding “final” to the names. Maps like for example yukon was still in beta before it became official. They still added “final” to it. Imo maps with “final” in their name just looks like another random custom map, and thus gets less playtime.

Last edited by wer,

dauk

it should be cp_obscure_cheers

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

then how do you call when valve is updating their own map ?

seriosly, you are senseless

valve can update the map inside the maps folder very easy but they are lazy

Mark

Phase

Because their own map is in the gcf, not the maps folder. Try renaming a custom map in your maps folder to “cp_badlands” and connect to a server running cp_badlands.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

yeah, if its becoming official it will be in gcf..

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 65 66 67 ... 109 Next »