Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 109 Next »

Daggial

fap

a fan scout can already grab the healthpack atm :p

i know, but it’s quite useless as you have only 100hp when you land on the ground then

Last edited by Daggial,

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Yeah just tested it, you can reduce it alot (enough – few feet) before a scattergun scout can access it.

And that’s exactly where you want a FAN scout to be, in front :D

Last edited by Fragga,

Mikey

Map is so goddamn awesome <3333

Last edited by Mikey,

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

byte

:O!!! lol mikey such enthusiasm is always welcome! Btw tonight i shall be posting a .avi courtesy of Dybsal (hope i got his name right lol) showing you why the health pack is that high and where the prime area of rj originally was planned for…

As it’s come apparent certain players can’t rj very well and more crucially can’t realise or comprehend the game play of why it isn’t lower!

I’ve had a few wanting it lowered but more so to leave it where it is so we shall see! :-)

Cheers

Byte

Dante

Mikey

:O!!! lol mikey such enthusiasm is always welcome! Btw tonight i shall be posting a .avi courtesy of Dybsal (hope i got his name right lol) showing you why the health pack is that high and where the prime area of rj originally was planned for…

As it’s come apparent certain players can’t rj very well and more crucially can’t realise or comprehend the game play of why it isn’t lower!

I’ve had a few wanting it lowered but more so to leave it where it is so we shall see! :-)

Cheers

Byte

Where can I DL the .avi? :o

byte

Aye sorry mikey should of really said, instead just showing you the health pack .avi thingy i’m hopefully going to be doing a run-thru of obscure in a .avi, hopefully when i get a chance in the upcoming month + codcrille putting some textures on the map will make the video look better :p

An update will be out next Monday or Tuesday cp_obscure_beta1 i’m hoping, also watch out for a 1 night etf2l obscure cup.

Cheers

Byte

Mikey

Aye sorry mikey should of really said, instead just showing you the health pack .avi thingy i’m hopefully going to be doing a run-thru of obscure in a .avi, hopefully when i get a chance in the upcoming month + codcrille putting some textures on the map will make the video look better :p

An update will be out next Monday or Tuesday cp_obscure_beta1 i’m hoping, also watch out for a 1 night etf2l obscure cup.

Cheers

Byte

Ok. Looking forward to the new update ^^

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

1 night etf2l obscure cup?
wtfok

Hi, I’d be in favour of lowering the Fragga-pack by about 4-5 feet at mid just as Fragga suggested (I’ve had a look at it with a scattergun scout in thirdperson jumping off the crates and you could lower it that amount without them being able to get to it). Admittedly this would allow fan scouts to get it more easily.. but doing a force jump would leave them extremely exposed right in the middle of the map so I think it’s probably a fair trade off.

I do understand, as Byte has mentioned, that the pack as it stands isn’t at the extreme apex of what can be accomplished with a rocket jump, indeed you can get it on the upswing of your jump and land on the enemy crates (provided you jump fairly late to give yourself the appropriate trajectory). Having said that I think if it was a bit lower it would allow for a greater variety of more aggressive jumps to be used and we’d see a soldier going for it every rush to mid (which is surely the intention).

I’d also just like to say that I think the general idea of the pack itself is an absolute stroke of genius; I love trying to get to the mid fight as quickly as possible as soldier but on many maps there’s no incentive to outpace the medic even if this is fairly easy to accomplish, this pack then adds a really fun extra facet to the initial encounter at mid :)

Having said all that, in a spirit of full disclosure, I should point out that I’ve only looked around the map and haven’t played any scrims/pickups on it so feel free to weight my opinion accordingly :)

Last edited by Spaceboy McGhee,

byte

Wow a constructive and legit case about the health pack, much much better than fragg’s response i must admit space, since you put it that way you raise a very good point the key words that have got my attention is “greater variety of more aggressive jumps” along with it being lowered a TAD i think would make it more diverse in terms of what the soldier could do.

Will give it some thought Space, muchly appreciated feedback dude.

Cheers

Byte

jgmaster

BM

I was wondering if you are going to make it easier to push into 4th? Atm there is really only one viable push route(the door on the left) and because it/the corridors are so small it makes it such big choke. It would be nice if the route on the right was more viable for the heavys to push out of and from what I’ve heard you have already planned something like this.

Even if it wasn’t made easier for the heavys to push out of atm a scout can’t get into the room on the right without being seen from someone on the crates so a surprise flank is pretty much impossible. Would just like some confirmation on whether these rumours are going to be implemented. Otherwise it’s a nice map and has some new interesting features.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Sounds good if more agree as a general consensus then it will be lowered, however the small health pack will be removed under neath without a shadow of a doubt!

Also remember for those agreeing the health pack is now available for scouts and can be taken by a scout just double jumping off the pillar or the crates, which could be daming if for example Predz got a hold it while he was on 1hp :D hopefully he will murder u all MWHAHA :x

But yeah more general consensus and it shall be done.

Cheers

Byte

Removing the small hp? Guess we all have to drop a scout for a heavy then :P

jgmaster

BM

Removing the small hp? Guess we all have to drop a scout for a heavy then :P

No, scout for sniper, sniper works well on this map ^^

Last edited by jgmaster,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 109 Next »